Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mendy will rightly get MOTM, but Iheanacho could easily have won it himself. Fantastic display and not just for the goal and assist. He linked play brilliantly, won the ball back many times and led from the front.

This version of Iheanacho makes the 24m spent look cheap.

I know you love your tactics and I've not seen the last two games, so tell me...

Is it any coincidence that nacho has been starting since Tete came in. 

One of the huge problems with nacho was he would often drop deep and we would effectively have no one up top and he'd often be in a similar space to madders. 

I'm thinking that tactically, having 2 flying wingers allows him to drop deep and link the play. It's giving defences much more to deal with, whereas before Barnes was our only outlet and would get isolated and double teamed. I've only seen quick highlights of last week so maybe wrong.

My wondering is, is the reason nacho struggled for game time until now more because we didn't have the players to fully utilise nachos strengths rather than the common idea that Brendan doesn't like him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ball by Kalechi through to Barnes for the disallowed goal* was sublime, by the way.  

Mr Iheanacho is on fire and should be undroppable.

(*By the way, the goal looked onside and thought VAR might have been influenced by Barnes being in mid air when the ball was played, distorting his position when viewed from the side on camera).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I know Heskey was a cult hero back in the day and some will probably fight against the comparison, but for me Iheanacho is like a better version of Heskey. Not just his goals, but he just makes things happen, creates space for other players.

Iheanacho is a 100% better footballer than Heskey. It's only controversial to nostalgia merchants. No disrespect to Heskey but he can't match Kel's technique.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Mendy was immense and his goal obviously dogs bollocks but for me Ian takes the MOTM cake

That was Steve McQueen Michael Caine Bruce Lee kind of cool

Great awareness and passing for the assists as well, shame about that first Barnes goal disallowed

The swagger and calmness is unreal. Man stood still and picked his corner and put it there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

This man is salvaging a season again for us. I hope he gets better treatment this time round and not dropping after 1 bad performance. He brings it all together up top at the minute. 

The difference now is that the system suits, the reinforcements provide balance, and now he does not need to be the main man like Vardy, he is now a creator as much as a forward, dropping deeper, linking, creating and scoring, the things Nacho has always been best at.

He really is sensational. :scarf:

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

:appl: we need to apologise to him as a club and beg him to sign a new deal 

Need to extend his contract and base our attack around him. His game actually suits the possession football that Rodgers craves.

• Like 1