Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

3 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Do you have anything to say about this mate? Do you genuinely believe Kel is piss poor?

Well its only been two games, and it's taken him nearly 5 years.... But let's hope I'm incredibly wrong here and he's going to keep this up, he has been excellent these past two games 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Well its only been two games, and it's taken him nearly 5 years.... But let's hope I'm incredibly wrong here and he's going to keep this up, he has been excellent these past two games 

Let’s just settle for the fact he’s not piss poor. He’s been given the chance that his performances have deserved and he’s delivered. Long May it continue!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fact is as soon as Brendan got the players (as requested for 12 months) to play Kel he didn't hesitate to put him in the eleven. The rubbish about him "hating" Ihaenacho has always been hyperbole. Brendans man management has been part of the reason Kel has been able to hit the ground running.

Normally agree with you but this is bollocks. Brendan hasn't wanted to play Kel because he is 'lazy' (in his eyes) and a maverick who won't always follow the system. 

His hand has been forced now because Daka is so shit and Vardy is past it so Kel is playing by default and thank god he is. Brilliant player and so extemeley likeable. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Normally agree with you but this is bollocks. Brendan hasn't wanted to play Kel because he is 'lazy' (in his eyes) and a maverick who won't always follow the system. 

His hand has been forced now because Daka is so shit and Vardy is past it so Kel is playing by default and thank god he is. Brilliant player and so extemeley likeable. 

Brendan made a comment that now we've got Tete we can play a player either side of Nacho so he can play him. I'm not sure why he couldn't before, maybe it was a pace thing or the balance, but Rodgers wants to play Nacho in a 3. When he was on good form last season it meant Vardy was forced out wide playing provider. Rightly or wrongly it was a tactical thing and the pursuit of a RW was to find a way to accommodate Nacho.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Spot on. After 20 games of persisting with Vardy and Daka, we were 1pt above the relegation zone with both scoring a grand total of 4 goals between them. Nacho was his last throw of the dice and thankfully it worked. I remember a few seasons ago, Kel had a rare start and played pretty well. When asked about him post match, Rodgers proceeded to talk about how he lost possession too easily, ignoring his good parts and only highlighting his negative ones. I thought he was being unnecessarily disrespectful and vindictive. As much as I don't like it, Kel is only 1or 2 poor performances away from being benched again by Rodgers.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I know you love your tactics and I've not seen the last two games, so tell me...

Is it any coincidence that nacho has been starting since Tete came in. 

One of the huge problems with nacho was he would often drop deep and we would effectively have no one up top and he'd often be in a similar space to madders. 

I'm thinking that tactically, having 2 flying wingers allows him to drop deep and link the play. It's giving defences much more to deal with, whereas before Barnes was our only outlet and would get isolated and double teamed. I've only seen quick highlights of last week so maybe wrong.

My wondering is, is the reason nacho struggled for game time until now more because we didn't have the players to fully utilise nachos strengths rather than the common idea that Brendan doesn't like him. 

Possibly, but, if playing a 433 formation, the two outer players don't necessarily have to be 'flying wingers' getting chalk on their boots, different teams have used the formation in different ways. 

If Iheanacho or any other striker either drops deep as you put it or isn't suited to a lone striker role, why persist with that role? Why not play a system which best suits the talents of the players you've actually got?

Daka for example has played on the right of a three before at Salzburg successfully. 

Didn't Iheanacho also get his 12 goals in less than half a season with Vardy to his left?

Couldn't a front three of Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka have been a frightening sight for many a Premiership defence? If the football you're serving up is dire and you're losing games anyway, wouldn't it have been worth a try rather than merely rinse and repeat what is failing on a regular 18 month basis?

Undoubtedly our three new players have thankfully had a very positive effect and long may it continue, however, haven't Mendy and Iheanacho, two internationals been there all along? Why haven't they been utilised earlier?

Thankfully the tippy tappy side to side backwards turgid shit show seems to have been somewhat halted for the last couple of games which was never a help to a lone striker whoever played it. By the time the ball eventually made it's to the halfway line, the opposition defence had time to retreat with a fag on to deny Vardy any space to run into!

Of course, Rodgers will only site the new players and his skills as an elite manager as reasons for any improvement.