Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That strikes me as pretty pedantic tbf. 

Relatively few appearances for them let's be honest. 

Not particularly, considering its 150+ appearances to make the list of which he hasn't for us, along with 12 of his 40 league goals being for them, so just under a third of his goal tally was with Man City. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bit easier to do that when you had Vardy scoring goals and getting 15 plus goals a season and looking sharp.

I'd be surprised if Kel not the main man until the end of the season now.

Like you sat it's going to be interesting.

He’s been able to get away with it up until this season because we had bigger concerns and like you said Vardy was still firing. 

I think as long as there isn’t another horrific run it’ll be Kel until the end of the season and if not beyond with Daka moving to back up. There will be games where we’ll need Dakas pace to stretch teams and I think in a more balanced and confident team he’ll come good.

• Like 3

Just now, STEVIE B said:

I know he has divided opinions in the past (probably still does) but he has been so patient for such a long time. 

Many other players would have thrown their toys out the pram & demanded a transfer/loan move etc. 

Hopefully he now gets a long run in the side. He deserves that at the very least. 

Badly managed for last season, and the start of this.

Now he is a goal machine

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filthyfox said:

Badly managed for last season, and the start of this.

Now he is a goal machine

He is, but he is so unselfish too. His contribution is outstanding, re assists. 

It would be so easy for him to be a greedy & just shoot from all angles. He doesn't. Absolute team player. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It wasn't too long ago that I -- who generally am not a screamer -- was screaming "Get the fc-k onside!" almost every single game Iheanacho played.

This! So much this! It was like he didn't even know there was an offside rule, never mind understand how it worked.

The secret is obviously to play him in a system which minimises his chances of getting offside. Do that and he's great!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

english football fans opinion on drogba: one of the greatest of all time 

english football fans opinion of nacho: a complete donkey 🤔 

To be honest Drogba was always seamlessly elegant with the ball at his feet despite being a battering ram.

Iheanacho is a bit all over the place and it's harder to fall in love with his effective awkwardness.

51 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

So you're saying he's right not to trust him?

...no, I am not saying that!!!

Nacho has been inconsistent, but the reason was evident for sometime, but Rodgers had Vardy who he was reluctant to substitute for Nacho. Playing a particular style and swapping like for like does not work for Nacho as his strengths is not playing on the shoulder of the last man and his best position on the pitch was in "the hole" (Maddisons spot) so that was not going to happen.

Maddison being switched wide where he drifts (very much the Grealish role) sees Nacho now able to be a false 9. So long as there are people around and can go ahead of Nacho he is fine. The term now for him appears to be, "embrace the chaos." 

It appears Rodgers is now saying that we now have the players to link the play and play to Nacho's strengths, so apart from a Right Winger what was there to stop him from implementing  a system which would allow Nacho to thrive, the same players are still there. It always seems to come down to last ditch efforts where Vardy is not producing and Daka is failing to trouble the scoreboard and his go to once again is Nacho, to bail him out. If either Daka or Vardy were producing, Nacho would be nowhere near this team.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marutimon said:

Shame that Barnes goal was ruled offside. Obvious mistake IMO.

BTW Iheanacho now up to 31 assists, five behind Maddison, having played the equivalent of 52 full matches fewer.

FotwdhfXwAIlOUe.jpg

Shouldn’t their line go to the furthest part of the defender furthest back? In my eyes that is the one at the top of the screen who is further back. I think that certainly makes Barnes onside. 

• Like 1

Even though I think Nacho hasn’t been treated to fair, we can’t make out that he’s been unbelievable every time called upon I don’t think any would of had him starting infront of Vardy in recent seasons.

Players do tend to hit the age he is now and come of age he seems much more intelligent and looks after the ball so much better, I think this version of Nacho gets you around 20 goals a season when played the whole season

20 hours ago, Captain... said:

and the pursuit of a RW was to find a way to accommodate Nacho.

You can't seriously believe that we signed a good RW to build a team around Kel. Total rubbish. He's a beneficiary of it but going on previous spells like this, wait for the first poor performance and Rodgers will come down on him like a ton of bricks. To make way for another 20 odd ineffective starts for the useless Daka

I really hope to be wrong, for what it's worth, because stick with this current set up and we could be a really strong side again, and it would be encouraging to see Rodgers be able to be humble and admit he got it wrong in the past. But, just don't see the leopard changing spots. 

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sm1 said:

Spot on. After 20 games of persisting with Vardy and Daka, we were 1pt above the relegation zone with both scoring a grand total of 4 goals between them. Nacho was his last throw of the dice and thankfully it worked. I remember a few seasons ago, Kel had a rare start and played pretty well. When asked about him post match, Rodgers proceeded to talk about how he lost possession too easily, ignoring his good parts and only highlighting his negative ones. I thought he was being unnecessarily disrespectful and vindictive. As much as I don't like it, Kel is only 1or 2 poor performances away from being benched again by Rodgers.

Yes exactly this good post. As per my previous post would be delighted to be proven wrong as Kel up front is the future for this club. 

41 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Even though I think Nacho hasn’t been treated to fair, we can’t make out that he’s been unbelievable every time called upon I don’t think any would of had him starting infront of Vardy in recent seasons.

Players do tend to hit the age he is now and come of age he seems much more intelligent and looks after the ball so much better, I think this version of Nacho gets you around 20 goals a season when played the whole season

No, but it was bizarre how when Vardy and Nacho become the statistically best partnership in world football how we ditched it in favour of something that didn't work for so long. Then never returned to it. 

There's a reason why he always manages to get at least an assist even when he's not playing well. 

If we were going to punish players for having a poor game where they don't do much we wouldn't put anyone out.

• Like 2

I don't know how anybody can doubt him to be honest.

His lowest point was missing a penalty for us at some point, genuinely can't remember when or who against, but that seemed to be his turning point.

The way he played in 20/21 on the FA Cup run and in the league was incredible. Scored some vital goals. The left footer against Palace? With hardly and blacklift was incredible. 

He seemed to be frozen out the following season and used as a bit part player, after showing how good he is.

Now he's given the chance again and he's grasped it with both hands.

A right winger was vital to make the front line tick, now we have one, it's improving Barnes and Iheanacho. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You can't seriously believe that we signed a good RW to build a team around Kel. Total rubbish. He's a beneficiary of it but going on previous spells like this, wait for the first poor performance and Rodgers will come down on him like a ton of bricks. To make way for another 20 odd ineffective starts for the useless Daka

I really hope to be wrong, for what it's worth, because stick with this current set up and we could be a really strong side again, and it would be encouraging to see Rodgers be able to be humble and admit he got it wrong in the past. But, just don't see the leopard changing spots. 

Might not have expressed myself clearly, I was paraphrasing something Brendan said. It was along the lines of now we (finally) have a right winger we can play in a formation that suits Nacho. I don't necessarily believe what he's saying but you can see his point.

He's not a lone striker or lead the line player like Vardy, he needs players around him, so to accommodate him previously we've had Vardy out wide or Madison or Perez or Ricardo and not a natural wide player. Nacho's best spell was with Vardy out wide but that nullified our greatest ever striker. Let's hope this is now his best spell and he continues with goals and assists aplenty.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no, I am not saying that!!!

Nacho has been inconsistent, but the reason was evident for sometime, but Rodgers had Vardy who he was reluctant to substitute for Nacho. Playing a particular style and swapping like for like does not work for Nacho as his strengths is not playing on the shoulder of the last man and his best position on the pitch was in "the hole" (Maddisons spot) so that was not going to happen.

Maddison being switched wide where he drifts (very much the Grealish role) sees Nacho now able to be a false 9. So long as there are people around and can go ahead of Nacho he is fine. The term now for him appears to be, "embrace the chaos." 

It appears Rodgers is now saying that we now have the players to link the play and play to Nacho's strengths, so apart from a Right Winger what was there to stop him from implementing  a system which would allow Nacho to thrive, the same players are still there. It always seems to come down to last ditch efforts where Vardy is not producing and Daka is failing to trouble the scoreboard and his go to once again is Nacho, to bail him out. If either Daka or Vardy were producing, Nacho would be nowhere near this team.

Obviously.. but you still try to twist a negative in..

Nacho was the man ruining his own chances no one else..

I have criticised him the past,but not gone OTT on it,because his attitude,and

he just might crack it…This is his chance he’s now in the hotspot & so far doing excellently…I hope posters are again wised up,that Daka needs his time…

In fact if Tete got injured,could he cover that RW game,by having pace, and eye for space and assists..

40 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Might not have expressed myself clearly, I was paraphrasing something Brendan said. It was along the lines of now we (finally) have a right winger we can play in a formation that suits Nacho. I don't necessarily believe what he's saying but you can see his point.

He's not a lone striker or lead the line player like Vardy, he needs players around him, so to accommodate him previously we've had Vardy out wide or Madison or Perez or Ricardo and not a natural wide player. Nacho's best spell was with Vardy out wide but that nullified our greatest ever striker. Let's hope this is now his best spell and he continues with goals and assists aplenty.

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. I can't get past the feeling Brendan dislikes Kel and values a line leader more. But leading the line can also mean occupying defenders, receiving the ball under pressure and laying it off for others and let's be brutally honest Daka is ****ing woeful at it And even at his best it was never JVs strength.