Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

15 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I like him and he's been terrific the last two games but there's no denying he's inconsistent. Whether he can keep it up will be the real test for him.

Don't buy the argument he's not been used enough by the manager (although i do understand that some need an excuse to hammer the manager at all times), he's never played that well as a lone striker but seems much more comfortable with two out and out winners that we've got now.

Long may his form continue, definitely looks our best bet now.

the thing with nacho is when he has a bad game it’s ugly. All strikers have off days, but most end up less involved or missing chances but with kel it usually shows up through a poor touch. Because of this people tend to get on his back a lot quicker. a vardy bad game can be covered by those around him, he doesn’t harm us in anyway, he’s just simply ineffective, Kel is more likely to keep giving away the ball on his off days. 

But i’m sure we will all be fine if he has 2 bangers before one of his calamitous games. 

• Like 1

The problem with Kel is when he is not banging in goals or laying it on a plate for others the ball just seems to bounce off him in random directions.

He is the epitome of sublime to ridiculous.

These last 2 games he's been superb but nobody who has watched him these last 6 years cannot say they haven't got frustrated as attacks break down around him at a rate only matched by Perez. Doubly frustrating after a spell of sideways passing.

There's a great player in there and he just needs confidence and good players around him.

• Like 1

Fair dues. We're playing exactly to his strengths, something we couldn't really do until Tete came on board. I could understand, on the back of this half season, if we sell him since we're unable to sell Youri and Soy for any cash, but I'll be gutted to see him go. He seems a top bloke and an absolute joy to watch when he can play his game. I hope we can keep him and keep playing to his strengths. Love the goal celebration too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The problem with Kel is when he is not banging in goals or laying it on a plate for others the ball just seems to bounce off him in random directions.

These last 2 games he's been superb but nobody who has watched him these last 6 years cannot say they haven't got frustrated as attacks break down around him at a rate only matched by Perez. Doubly frustrating after a spell of sideways passing.

There's a great player in there and he just needs confidence and good players around him.

The amount of times he has taken on a shot that wasn't really on is at times frustrating, but on the other hand, he has also scored a lot from those or forced a corner or an attack. I think he gets stuck in at all times and that sometimes makes it seem like balls are just bouncing everywhere but at least he is giving it a go. As you say, when he has a good team around him and is full of confidence, he bangs them in. Out starting XI right now is well balanced.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Obviously.. but you still try to twist a negative in..

Nacho was the man ruining his own chances no one else..

I have criticised him the past,but not gone OTT on it,because his attitude,and

he just might crack it…This is his chance he’s now in the hotspot & so far doing excellently…I hope posters are again wised up,that Daka needs his time…

In fact if Tete got injured,could he cover that RW game,by having pace, and eye for space and assists..

..not sure where the negative bit was in my post!!!

Looking at all my previous post regarding Nacho,  I have been saying for years he needs to get out of this club. In a side which played the way we did, he was never ever going to suit the style.

I am a big Nacho fan, I was astounded when he extended his contract,  he obviously feels happy here.

But I am convinced that it has taken too long to implement something that was obviously so clear years ago.

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Ahead of vardy?

Hes had as many chances to prove hes the number 9 as daka and vardy, and not taken them.

Two good games and there's no debate to be had apparently 🤣

It's not '2 good games' though is it... I've also been saying the same thing from the start. 

Vardy isn't what he once was and hasn't been for a while. Iheanacho is a very good forward that suits the system alot better than the other two. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's not '2 good games' though is it... I've also been saying the same thing from the start. 

Vardy isn't what he once was and hasn't been for a while. Iheanacho is a very good forward that suits the system alot better than the other two. 

..the difference is Nacho is effectively a false 9 and Vardy still a lone striker!!!

Very  much like Ndidi who is a sitting DM as opposed to someone seeking to support the attack. Same but different,  and that difference is what makes it work. I have a feeling that we are about to see Ndidi playing in a deeper role and doing what he had before, the explanation from Rodgers will then be, we did not previously have the players here,  to make it work. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..not sure where the negative bit was in my post!!!

Looking at all my previous post regarding Nacho,  I have been saying for years he needs to get out of this club. In a side which played the way we did, he was never ever going to suit the style.

I am a big Nacho fan, I was astounded when he extended his contract,  he obviously feels happy here.

But I am convinced that it has taken too long to implement something that was obviously so clear years ago.

Can’t remember…18hrs is like a year..

Though Nacho was stumbling through some games,his goal involvement stats,were always high…and I agree I think we dithered a bit to get him more and earlier involved…

Though that did correspond with Vardy’s better time…though we should have tried Nacho n Vardy pairing a few times more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..the difference is Nacho is effectively a false 9 and Vardy still a lone striker!!!

Very  much like Ndidi who is a sitting DM as opposed to someone seeking to support the attack. Same but different,  and that difference is what makes it work. I have a feeling that we are about to see Ndidi playing in a deeper role and doing what he had before, the explanation from Rodgers will then be, we did not previously have the players here,  to make it work. 

Exactly, Nacho suits the system. Plus he's also an incredible finisher.

On 12/02/2023 at 07:47, Captain... said:

Brendan made a comment that now we've got Tete we can play a player either side of Nacho so he can play him. I'm not sure why he couldn't before, maybe it was a pace thing or the balance, but Rodgers wants to play Nacho in a 3. When he was on good form last season it meant Vardy was forced out wide playing provider. Rightly or wrongly it was a tactical thing and the pursuit of a RW was to find a way to accommodate Nacho.

As we all know he is a snake salesman. Nacho was clearly forced upon him as he ran out of choice with Vardy and Daka both out earlier and they were way out of form before that. He has demonstrated time and time again he does not like Nacho. He didn’t change the system to suit our best striker. He wasn’t waiting for the transfers to happen to make this happen as he has always planned. This is by chance (an afterthought) and now he is just selling it like he had it all worked out … since 4 years ago.

Having said that, by chance or not, I hope Nacho does not get dropped from now. As I have said numerous times before, Nacho is good enough to also play no. 10, so he can play in different systems.

Guardiola rated Nacho a lot. He is someone you can trust with spotting good players.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

On 14/02/2023 at 00:07, Captain... said:

What games were you watching? Or were you only watching only selected clips?

And yes if you have not played in months and then gets called upon to play in the last 5 mins, you may just be a little rusty.

It happens with Daka all the time with his often poor ball control. Ndidi - oh mine he is not even championship level in that department. Vardy also.

Nacho is statistically our best goal contributor (and probably in terms of creating chances) per minute. That is ultimately what counts the most in football.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

On 13/02/2023 at 15:49, CrazyKopCorner said:

Even stranger when our other 2 main strikers can’t currently hit a donkeys arse with a banjo 

Whilst I agree, you would have to ask though,  whether the other two would have perhaps acquitted themselves better, had they been played with the same other players in the same formation and tactics?

I'd contend that with the previous lone striker and tippy tappy sideways and backwards tortoise mode of playing employed by Rodgers, even Harlaand would have struggled to score!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

As we all know he is a snake salesman. Nacho was clearly forced upon him as he ran out of choice with Vardy and Daka both out earlier and they were way out of form before that. He has demonstrated time and time again he does not like Nacho. He didn’t change the system to suit our best striker. He wasn’t waiting for the transfers to happen to make this happen as he has always planned. This is by chance (an afterthought) and now he is just selling it like he had it all worked out … since 4 years ago.

Having said that, by chance or not, I hope Nacho does not get dropped from now. As I have said numerous times before, Nacho is good enough to also play no. 10, so he can play in different systems.

Guardiola rated Nacho a lot. He is someone you can trust with spotting good players.

This sounds like a point of view searching for a justification...

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Completely forgot the period of time before Brendan when Kel was getting boo'd by our own fans every week then? 

Or does that not fit your Brendan narrative.

I still have my doubts over Kel, but I'll hold my hands up the last two games he's played amazingly. But a lot of people seem to think he has always been like this and just unused, which is far from the case.

For example there was a run of games last year I think it was when every week he had a 1v1 with a keeper and every time chipped it straight into keeps arms. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Please don't do this - 'we' will by definition not all be of the same point of view.

Thank you! And, as Groucho Marx, once joked, he wouldn't wish to be a member of any club that would have him as a member 😊. Plus - it's not a snake salesman...it's a snake oil salesman. Will you tell him - I don't wish to be taken for the pedant I most certainly am.