Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

I would much rather see him sign a new contract than leave but if we assume Rodgers is still going to be here then there would surely be at least some reluctance to get that done from both the player's side and the club's.

Why? From his side, he is first choice. Maybe peak value for the club’s, so it could be time to sell?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? From his side, he is first choice. Maybe peak value for the club’s, so it could be time to sell?

He was first choice when he signed his last contract too, didn't last all that long. Maybe he really loves it here and isn't all that arsed about playing regularly but otherwise I'm not sure why he would be keen to sign a new contract under a manager who only ever seems to trust him out of desperation, nor why the club would want to offer one to such a player other than to increase his asking price. It's not exactly a no-brainer for all parties is all I'm saying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I’ve said it numerous times, I LOVE Kelechi but this Summer we have a big decision to make, offer him a new deal or sell.

I’m in the sale camp if we get decent money.

...did he not sign a new contract recently!!!

I really cannot see him going, he seems happy to take what is on offer. Rodgers not sold on him, and he suits a false #9 in a 4-3-3,  we are not going to determine the way we play, to accommodate him, we get someone else in, and he is relegated to the bench. 

13 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why would you sell him?

His contract expires in 2024 so if for whatever reason he doesn't sign a new one, he's the latest asset out the door on a free at the end of next season - can't keep happening

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

what a barmy idea

Not really.

Other than Maddison and Barnes, we’re not likely to raise much funds for our squad rebuild.

Kelechi could easily fetch a decent amount of money and let’s not forget he won’t always be Rodgers first choice if basing it on history.

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

So no Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison, Tielemans.   Daka is going to have to step up - massively. Good strikers are a dying breed , dud strikers are ten a penny.

Hirst should be about ready to take the Prem by storm next season shouldn't he? :ph34r: :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guest said:

His contract expires in 2024 so if for whatever reason he doesn't sign a new one, he's the latest asset out the door on a free at the end of next season - can't keep happening

I wouldn't blame him for running it down and walking with how he's been treated at times by both management and the more... short sighted fans shall we say? But for as long as he has a contract here we should be doing anything and everything to convince him to stay. Forget selling at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If Kel plays tonight, good chance for him to grab some goals - only needs 2 to move into the Top 10 of all time goalscorers in the FA Cup. 

He’s only 2 behind Arthur Chandler and Arthur Rowley joint on 14 as our all time top FA Cup goal scorer as a club too.

On 27/02/2023 at 08:06, SafewayFox said:

I’ve said it numerous times, I LOVE Kelechi but this Summer we have a big decision to make, offer him a new deal or sell.

I’m in the sale camp if we get decent money.

Whats decent money for Iheanacho, the only effective striker we have?

£10 million to Newcastle and a pair of Miguel Almiron signed boots?:brendan: