Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

7 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

The one positive he can take from today is he’s getting in positions where he’s getting clear cut chances, even when we are playing badly. That can’t be said of Vardy or Daka unfortunately. 

Agree, he got himself into some great positions today.  His finishing was just way off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Love him to bits. Every single striker has days like today. 

Someone else has to stand up when such days are happening 

Yep, absolutely. 

He stunk the place out today mind you. I’m a huge fan of his but it just wasn’t gonna happen for him today.

He’s dragged us out of a complete mess before so let’s see if he can do it again. It wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t start Chelsea now, though. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Like this every time he starts unless he's in a 2.

He's an excellent sub and shit as a starter. Half the reason he can keep his goals per minute stats high.

If daka put on a performance like that he'd be crucified on here.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's an excellent sub and shit as a starter. Half the reason he can keep his goals per minute stats high.

Agreed and if Vardy put out that performance he’d be crucified for being past it.

• Like 1

I can see Rodgers dropping him next game as he usually looks for any excuse not to play him.

That first header he missed was riffled in really hard and it came through a crowd of players, I don't personally blame him for that, it was a tough header.

Second one he should have bagged easily from Praet's cross. 

The Southampton GK mistake he probably wasn't expecting. 

Bad day at the office yesterday for him but he has been our most consistent good player despite yesterday so he needs to start still next week.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Did he not start as the lone striker against Villa and Spurs?

He had a stinker, but he needs to start the next game.

I don’t think he’s ever been allowed to have a really poor performance and then play again the next week - usually he gets hooked after 60 mins and then we don’t see him for another few weeks until we get desperate again.

Everyone has a poor game from time to time and that’s part of the game- I genuinely think he is treated differently to others in how the management responds to that though. Can’t be good for confidence.

Maybe because the lows are lower (and the highs are higher) with kel, or because it’s such a crucial position and we’ve got a club legend and an expensive young speed merchant who has shown the odd glimpse also vying for that spot.

• Like 3

He will not have slept well last nite. Missing the odd sitter in the odd game is one thing but Xmas came all at once yesterday.

hopefully he gets that out of his system and comes back with a vengeance and a point to prove. We all know kell can do it. He’s scored some impossible goals in the past. Maybe he’s trying to hard when he just needs to keep it simple. Like the way the simplest thing is the hardest to do

sometimes if your not focused. Come on let’s not give up on him. He’s our only hope at the moment for goals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Certainly an enigma. Seems to get a free pass from many but he consistently does my head in, such as last season when when he started chipping keepers from easy positions which led to us dropping points. I suppose, when he plays really well (he was unbelievable against Spurs) it make it worse because you know what he is capable of. However, i agree that if Daka was missing those chances yesterday he wouldn't be let off like Kel was. Make no bones about it, he won the Spurs game for us but lost the game for us yesterday. Consistent brain farts that led to us just thinking nothing was going to drop for us. 

• Like 2

Like others have said a bad day at the office but it doesn’t or shouldn’t mean he is dropped.  So many others in the last 3 and a half games have looked poor and kept their places. But let’a not put all the blame on Kels and deflect away from what was still a very poor overall team performance and yet again questionable tactics and substitutions when chasing the game. 

Vardy has been lethal for us. 

How many other clubs can say that they’ve had a striker who is capable of posting 15+ goals in the Premier League during the past 10 years? 

Welcome to life after Jamie Vardy. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Gets put up for player of the month with great goals/assist numbers. Has one off day and people are trying to say he should be sold and are serious lol wtf is going on 

Because football is a game by game sport. We don't stay up on something that happened in the last game. If a player was shit then I'll say it, regardless of how good they have been in a previous game. We're in a relegation battle, I'm not letting these **** off that easy.

He should have won us the game.

Edited by Fox92

On 04/03/2023 at 18:25, hejammy said:

Nacho has two modes, sublime or shite, that's it no in between. 

what’s odd is usually you can tell on his first few touches. but his first  touches were actually good. 

Headers can be a tricky business, I think everyone can miss that first chance even if it’s one you shouldn’t be. But it happens. I think that just knocked him  and made it hard to recover from. 

Edited by Lambert09