Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Just now, LVFox said:

Have always preferred Nacho as a number 10. Could potentially be our Maddison replacement next season and we bring in another centre forward to play ahead of him.

Nacho is much more comfortable in a 10 when we are attacking / counter attacking at pace - he'll be more comfortable as a 10 in a more direct team than with rodgersball

we all know he isn't a great technician ( at least not predictably !)

14 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Nacho is much more comfortable in a 10 when we are attacking / counter attacking at pace - he'll be more comfortable as a 10 in a more direct team than with rodgersball

we all know he isn't a great technician ( at least not predictably !)

Yeah I completely agree, needs a forward to stretch the play ahead of him, and needs spaces to find.

Think him and KDH as 10 options next year based on opposition is a nice balance.

51 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Good to see the players that came off showing some passion

FB2045D0-B130-40B5-A029-962A618897FE.jpeg

Why can't he jump that high when crosses come in :dunno:

But great to see and I think that was the fastest I've seen Youri run in all his time here when he ran on at the end! 

23 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

His mum died when he was young, whilst he was away playing youth football for Nigeria. He talks very fondly of her and obviously misses her a lot. Mothers day must be a difficult day for him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

From the sounds that Deano has been making about Maddison and Vardy post and pre-match I think it's likely Ihaenacho will be dropped for Leeds.

I don't think he is that stupid, that is the sort of thing Brendan would pull.

Nacho will start

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sm1 said:

His mum died when he was young, whilst he was away playing youth football for Nigeria. He talks very fondly of her and obviously misses her a lot. Mothers day must be a difficult day for him.

Didn’t know that. Your post gives that context. He seems like a thoroughly decent person and very likeable 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I love the bloke. 

Comes across as loveable but I think a bit misunderstood when he first arrived.

Fantastic footballer even if erratic at times.

Needs to lead our line for the next few years if he’s happy to stay put. I’d understand if he wanted to leave, hasn’t been treat the best in his time here. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

FWIW. I’d keep him for his post match interviews.

The Mother’s Day one was touching.

The one where he wanted to score the winner because he ‘couldn’t be bothered with extra time because it was freezing’ has to be the highlight. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

We should give him a new deal. He’s very settled here and alongside Barnes they’d be the only good long term attacking players we have.

He’s capable of 20 goals and 10 assists a season, very few strikers in the PL could do that. Rodgers treated him appallingly.

Rodgers treated many including fans appallingly. Awful manager 

8 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Rodgers treated many including fans appallingly. Awful manager 

The Worst !!

The funny thing is that he still seems quite highly rated in the football world !!

He did an amazing PR job on himself !!  ....  Some team will hire him this Summer  he will be the Media Darling again ..

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 03:36, splinterdream said:

Nacho came from Man City I don't think our club has been great in his development, amd still it seems to me he ries his best. It's difficult to work out how good he is, but right now he's the best we have and I love the man

Given he supposedly left Man City due to lack of game time opportunities, he should be disappointed with coming to Leicester. You are right that it has not been good for his development and I reckon he would be an even better player had he stayed at Man City, given how Guardiola rated him and how Guardiola developed the likes of Foden and Sterling into top top players.

11 hours ago, Phenom said:

That would be a terrible mistake.

If Nacho had had a stinker on Saturday like he last did at Southampton away then there might be some grounds for that to happen but not after the weekend just gone!

Edited by Guy

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Given he supposedly left Man City due to lack of game time opportunities, he should be disappointed with coming to Leicester. You are right that it has not been good for his development and I reckon he would be an even better player had he stayed at Man City, given how Guardiola rated him and how Guardiola developed the likes of Foden and Sterling into top top players.

Hard to see how Nacho would have become a better player at Man City with very little game time.  Foden and Sterling are a different class of player.