Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

3 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Hard to see how Nacho would have become a better player at Man City with very little game time.  Foden and Sterling are a different class of player.  

I remember him looking really good when Guardiola started using him at the age of like 19! He looked a top prospect and to get in to the Man City team and actually played at such a young age showed you how much they thought of him. I was very excited when we recruited Nachos at the time, but he has been underutilized here. If he stayed at Man City, he would not get less game time than here and given he would have been surrounded by top players he could learn from

then and be an even better player. We now know too how much of a downer Rodgers could be on players.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I remember him looking really good when Guardiola started using him at the age of like 19! He looked a top prospect and to get in to the Man City team and actually played at such a young age showed you how much they thought of him. I was very excited when we recruited Nachos at the time, but he has been underutilized here. If he stayed at Man City, he would not get less game time than here and given he would have been surrounded by top players he could learn from

then and be an even better player. We now know too how much of a downer Rodgers could be on players.

Pellegrini. 

Guardiola wasn't really a fan of Iheanacho. 

4 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Hard to see how Nacho would have become a better player at Man City with very little game time.  Foden and Sterling are a different class of player.  

Sterling?! He's actually a fairly limited footballer but had the brain to succeed (and Pep helped him develop the ability to attack the space brilliantly). Nacho has way more to his game, in spite of his rough edges. They'd still be there but he'd definitely have gone past Sterling's level.

Foden's one of those rare generational talents so he'd always be amazing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Sterling?! He's actually a fairly limited footballer but had the brain to succeed (and Pep helped him develop the ability to attack the space brilliantly). Nacho has way more to his game, in spite of his rough edges. They'd still be there but he'd definitely have gone past Sterling's level.

Foden's one of those rare generational talents so he'd always be amazing.

Foden is this generations English 'rare generational talent' that isn't actually that good. But being in the Man City setup can make relatively average players look very good, Sterling being another great example. Foden isn't even as good as Mahrez, but of course because he's English he gets extreme hype, even compared to say Kane, who actually is a 'rare generational talent' in the English game, as Shearer was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Foden is this generations English 'rare generational talent' that isn't actually that good. But being in the Man City setup can make relatively average players look very good, Sterling being another great example. Foden isn't even as good as Mahrez, but of course because he's English he gets extreme hype, even compared to say Kane, who actually is a 'rare generational talent' in the English game, as Shearer was. 

Foden's only 22. He's just out of form/had a few short-term injuries. He'll come back and show again what he's shown before. 

He's definitely the real deal. 

Being honest, my opinion of him has wavered so much historically. Mostly over whether he is useless or feckin useless.

However, glad to admit in recent times I've really taken a shine to the lad. He has more talent than I'd dared to admit and more determination too. That pass for the goal today was commitment personified

Edited by Sandwhale
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan

That pass could go down in LCFC folklore if we stay up.

To do that would be unbelievably painful having just popped your groin.

:appl:

Complete Hero. Your typical Bruno Fernadez type twats fall over in a heap in that position, but Kels twists a bollock and still makes a sublime pass. That might be his season done - but what a way to go. Might be up to Vardy from here.

• Like 2

Honestly years ago I used to hate him, there was a stage where I dreaded seeing him on the sideline ready to be subbed on

He is now literally my favourite player in the squad, he is such a talented player when given a chance, insanely productive, the team looks so much better when he is playing and allowed to do his stuff, but the most impressive thing about him is his attitude, he has been overlooked over and over and over again and every single time he keeps his chin up, gives his all when he gets chance and comes in and saves the day time and time again, he is part of a long list of players that rodgers treated appallingly, but I really hope he stays here long term, he needs to be one of the cornerstones of this team moving forward and is the sort of player we should be building around, remarkably he is still only 26 as well, arguably is only just beginning to enter his prime years

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

If we do go down, he's the player I most want to keep. 

Absolutely love him.

If we do go down I think he will stay. He'll finally be the definitive number 1 striker and might do a Mitrovic in the Championship. Daka despite being worse I think will be more of a sellable asset as he's younger and faster.

Of course I hope it doesn't come to that, but if we go down this season we can't have any complaints.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, StriderHiryu said:

If we do go down I think he will stay. He'll finally be the definitive number 1 striker and might do a Mitrovic in the Championship. Daka despite being worse I think will be more of a sellable asset as he's younger and faster.

Of course I hope it doesn't come to that, but if we go down this season we can't have any complaints.

If we go down, I think Nacho would be snapped up mate. I think he’d stay in the Premiership. 
I think it’s Daka who’d stay AND I think he’d score for fun in the Championship