Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Raj said:

To make that pass whilst having that injury was pure commitment  for the cause.

Bruno Fernandes would still be rolling around now.

Amazing commitment mate 👍

6 minutes ago, Okeyanthony said:

Is that a joke? Barnes is the epitome of headless. No football intelligence at all. Athletic but not smart at All. The only player remotely close to Kele’s football intelligence is Maddison and it shows whenever they link up. Look at the 2 first half assists Kele had with Barnes & Maddison first half and see the caliber of player he is, see’s things other players can’t. 

Possibly but for all that intelligence he has far too many games where the ball bounces off him, his finishing isn't clinical enough or he's just not on it. Love his commitment but his finishing in a couple of games this season is exactly why Man City were happy to let him go.

12 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Possibly but for all that intelligence he has far too many games where the ball bounces off him, his finishing isn't clinical enough or he's just not on it. Love his commitment but his finishing in a couple of games this season is exactly why Man City were happy to let him go.

I don't think they were happy to see him go, but were more llikely undecided about his capacity to improve to a high enough level (possibly because of his inconsistency). Otherwise, why would they have inserted a buy-back clause?

• Like 2

He'll likely leave in the next eighteen months. I can't help but feel he's had a raw deal here.

He arrived a marquee signing and didn't really perform. Through that he was labelled a dud and spent the best part of three years trying to prove that title wrongful. He's done it but I don't think he's ever really enjoyed the accolades he deserves.

I'm a huge fan. He's been a really loyal servant of the club and, importantly, I think he gets us. 

I'm sad for him but hopeful he'll stay.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He'll likely leave in the next eighteen months. I can't help but feel he's had a raw deal here.

He arrived a marquee signing and didn't really perform. Through that he was labelled a dud and spent the best part of three years trying to prove that title wrongful. He's done it but I don't think he's ever really enjoyed the accolades he deserves.

I'm a huge fan. He's been a really loyal servant of the club and, importantly, I think he gets us. 

I'm sad for him but hopeful he'll stay.

Like everything else, what happens is hugely dependent on whether we stay up.  If we’re relegated I think we’ll have a hard time walking away from what we could get selling him, and we’re not that far from the point of him running down his contract and having no sale value.  Not sure that’s a risk the owners would be willing to take as a Championship club.

If we survive?  I don’t think it’s impossible he signs a new deal, depending on the manager situation.  He’s good enough to start for ourselves and most mid-table clubs, but on a CL contender he’d be a squad player.  Might be a good candidate for Spain or France.

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

More like he was down the pecking order to the top forwards they had at the time and they did insert a buy back clause I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

This is way too harsh in my opinion. He has been creating chances after chances when he is on even when he was not scoring. He links up well. He comes back to help get the ball up. He is really like another no. 10, like Maddison. Playing them both lifts some weights off Madders’ shoulders in terms of being the only creative outlet from the middle. When you try to play forward, sometimes you lose the ball. Sounds like you would rather the high percentage pass completion rate of our defenders who pass sideways and backwards under Rodgers? I am really not sure why some can be so critical of Nachos when he has the best goal contribution ratio per minute played in the team (and one of the best in the league! Someone sent the stats recently). If there was any rustiness, it was likely due to him being played occasionally and as a bit part player coming in in the last ten minutes of games and you are under pressure to impress. 

He has clearly been the best player we have going forward (maybe together with Madders).

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

He came alive as soon as Vards was on the pitch, 2 chances and that pre-assist in 10 minutes - he had been largely quiet up to that point.

If he’s not out for too long it has to be Kel in behind Vards with Maddison on the right for the run in. 

Nacho and Vardy do seem to perform well together, agree have them both on the pitch at same time, hopefully its just a minor tweak.

16 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Funny thing is, there’s actually a fair chance that pass could be the last thing Senior Brah Kells ever does in a Leicester shirt.

If we go down we’d do extremely well to keep him in the Championship…

Almost teared at reading this.  But you could well be right.

12 hours ago, Okeyanthony said:

Is that a joke? Barnes is the epitome of headless. No football intelligence at all. Athletic but not smart at All. The only player remotely close to Kele’s football intelligence is Maddison and it shows whenever they link up. Look at the 2 first half assists Kele had with Barnes & Maddison first half and see the caliber of player he is, see’s things other players can’t. 

Barnes is our top scorer haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MickeyMouse said:

Opportunity for Daka now!

Daka can’t play like kel does - he’s a different type of player  - his arse is much smaller for starters!

patson prefers to play on the shoulder and run in behind 

madders will have to take care of the whole width of the pitch behind the strikers