Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

54 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Barnes is good at turning up when we're already a goal or two up. Apart from the recent brentford and Aston villa matches he's pretty much been anonymous when we're tied or behind in a game. In a team that's struggling such as ours it's a really bad characteristic to have.

He's clearly got quality but if we're in desperate need of a goal I would much rather rely on iheanacho than Barnes.

"if you leave out the games where Barnes influenced the game while we were trailing/level, he doesn't influence games while we're trailing/level" lol

• Like 4

Kellechi, Iverson, Cags there’s 3 players that should have played every game under Rogers. Mind boggling madness.

’if’ we go down hope smiffy holds onto as many of these guys as possible to get us back in the premier league.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

"if you leave out the games where Barnes influenced the game while we were trailing/level, he doesn't influence games while we're trailing/level" lol

2 or 3 games where he's scored a decisive goal when he's started most of our games isnt great. In reference to your other post I was referring to this season only, i should have clarified. In previous seasons Barnes has been a lot more decisive in getting us points on the board.

For this season his lack of point gaining goals is definitely a factor for why we're close to the bottom, even though he has 10 goals which is incredible for a winger.

Edited by honeybradger

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

2 or 3 games where he's scored a decisive goal when he's started most of our games isnt great. In reference to your other post I was referring to this season only, i should have clarified. In previous seasons Barnes has been a lot more decisive in getting us points on the board.

For this season his lack of point gaining goals is definitely a factor for why we're close to the bottom, even though he has 10 goals which is incredible for a winger.

To be honest pal I think you'd see a similar trend from our other contributors because mostly this season we've been utter dog mess and most games we don't win.

Even Maddison will have few games this season where his goals have rescued or won us games. He has had a few assists though (one of which was for Barnes at Brentford).

Iheanacho will be even less as his goals this season have been sparse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Barnes is good at turning up when we're already a goal or two up. Apart from the recent brentford and Aston villa matches he's pretty much been anonymous when we're tied or behind in a game. In a team that's struggling such as ours it's a really bad characteristic to have.

He's clearly got quality but if we're in desperate need of a goal I would much rather rely on iheanacho than Barnes.

This is not fair at all to Barnes and not based on the actual facts about his goal contributions. There’s even a meme this constantly gets passed around about this! 😂

“Ohhhhh, it’s an equaliser. Harvey Barnes.”

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be honest pal I think you'd see a similar trend from our other contributors because mostly this season we've been utter dog mess and most games we don't win.

Even Maddison will have few games this season where his goals have rescued or won us games. He has had a few assists though (one of which was for Barnes at Brentford).

Iheanacho will be even less as his goals this season have been sparse.

From just a quick look maddison has about 7 or 8 games where his goals and assists have won us points which is incredible considering how few the number of games we've gotten points from. Iheanacho has a couple more match winning goals and assists than Barnes in about 2/5 of the playing time.

It's undeniable that the ratio of goals and assists Barnes has scored this season that have given us points compared to how many he's scored and how much he's played is low. Fair enough you can argue that the goals to get us 2-0 gave us a lot of security when we're known for throwing one goal leads and I'll give you that but considering how rare it is for us to lead in games at the moment we need someone who can get us over the line when we're struggling and Barnes hasn't been that player all season.

36 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If you pull up the way he did, you know it's a bad un.

Hero moment for him with that pass btw

I'm guessing 4 weeks, so maybe out for season

might never see him again in a city shirt :S

I agree. Was just hoping for a miracle. Think we would have heard by now if it was good news. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The Barnes bashing is one of the most tiresome things on here. He'll be another one that will only be appreciated when he's not here anymore 

Having an opinion about a player isn't bashing or the other childish 'hater' term that gets thrown in.

I have followed/ watched  Harvey's career through the academy and watched him many times at West Brom, Barnsley and MK Dons

I won't 'bash' him but suggest you watch him uninfluenced by blue tinted,  one of our own glasses.

Take a gander at his first ever goal for us (and those at West Brom) to see how he can and should be playing. 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

If you pull up the way he did, you know it's a bad un.

Hero moment for him with that pass btw

I'm guessing 4 weeks, so maybe out for season

might never see him again in a city shirt :S

What's a. "un" ?

Edited by merlin1969

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have always found the abuse Barnes gets from some of our fans when he is one of the best wingers in the league outside of big 6 players incredibly weird

People saying we should sell him etc.

Acting like they haven't seen the mess we have been through trying to replace Mahrez but then want us to have to try and do it again on the left wing

His is contribution good enough to play player after player out of position inc Madison or play right wingers that are clearly not good enough so as to balance the side to shoehorn Harvey in.

Our Full backs are our best wingers and have been all season, check out the past two games for example

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have always found the abuse Barnes gets from some of our fans when he is one of the best wingers in the league outside of big 6 players incredibly weird

Acting like they haven't seen the mess we have been through trying to replace Mahrez but then want us to have to try and do it again on the left wing

Me reading this post:

Absolutely nailed it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Okeyanthony said:

Is that a joke? Barnes is the epitome of headless. No football intelligence at all. Athletic but not smart at All. The only player remotely close to Kele’s football intelligence is Maddison and it shows whenever they link up. Look at the 2 first half assists Kele had with Barnes & Maddison first half and see the caliber of player he is, see’s things other players can’t. 

Yea lets base it on one game, not the last 3 years. I like Nacho, but he's never playing much higher in his career, Barnes almost certainly will 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

From just a quick look maddison has about 7 or 8 games where his goals and assists have won us points which is incredible considering how few the number of games we've gotten points from. Iheanacho has a couple more match winning goals and assists than Barnes in about 2/5 of the playing time.

It's undeniable that the ratio of goals and assists Barnes has scored this season that have given us points compared to how many he's scored and how much he's played is low. Fair enough you can argue that the goals to get us 2-0 gave us a lot of security when we're known for throwing one goal leads and I'll give you that but considering how rare it is for us to lead in games at the moment we need someone who can get us over the line when we're struggling and Barnes hasn't been that player all season.

Unless my maths are wrong Maddison has 5 and Barnes 3 that directly led to points. They both have a few others where their goals or assists opened the scoring.

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

in fact, Barnes 32 goals for the club in the league consist of:

2 winners

8 equalisers

7 opening goals

12 already leading 

2 trailing by more than one

1 to go ahead (went ahead, didn't win)

a solid 56% of his goals for us have been when we were either drawing or trailing by one.

Well one of you is full of bs.

I support The Doctor in his defence of Barnes in the Iheanacho thread.  

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The Barnes bashing is one of the most tiresome things on here. He'll be another one that will only be appreciated when he's not here anymore 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Absolutely.   Barnes would be hard to replace.