Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Barnes is good at turning up when we're already a goal or two up. Apart from the recent brentford and Aston villa matches he's pretty much been anonymous when we're tied or behind in a game. In a team that's struggling such as ours it's a really bad characteristic to have.

He's clearly got quality but if we're in desperate need of a goal I would much rather rely on iheanacho than Barnes.

I'm not sure that holds weight. It's literally an internet meme that Harvey Barnes scores equalisers, he's done it that much so far over his career. Ooooooooh lol

His overall impact, however, I agree  Harvey has been gash this year in spite of him posting his best season ever stats-wise.

Edited by OntarioFox

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Barnes is good at turning up when we're already a goal or two up. Apart from the recent brentford and Aston villa matches he's pretty much been anonymous when we're tied or behind in a game. In a team that's struggling such as ours it's a really bad characteristic to have.

He's clearly got quality but if we're in desperate need of a goal I would much rather rely on iheanacho than Barnes.

Over all Barnes has been dreadful this season. I wouldn’t give him much more then 4/10 overall 

• Like 2

On 26/04/2023 at 23:56, deep blue said:

I don't think they were happy to see him go, but were more llikely undecided about his capacity to improve to a high enough level (possibly because of his inconsistency). Otherwise, why would they have inserted a buy-back clause?

To butter our bread. I like him don't get me wrong but as others have said he's more of a 10 than a 9 and I'm never convinced he's going to put away the chances.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If there was a god, he'd appreciate Kelechi's work on planet earth and miraculously furtle that groin injury away so he's primed and ready to save us.

This is Seniorman's World and we are just watching.

He's the protagonist of football.

• Like 1

If there was a god, he'd appreciate Kelechi's work on planet earth and miraculously furtle that groin injury away so he's primed and ready to save us.

This is Seniorman's World and we are just watching.

When he's on his game, he's an incredible player and is a joy to watch. Just a shame that when he does have a bad game (like all players do) he's horrendously bad. The Southampton game sticks out in my mind.

• Like 1

Is this Iheanacho's first ever injury since he hurt his ankle in a pre-season friendly the summer we signed him? Absolute machine.

He is a lot less likely to get injured when Maddison’s dad Rodgers didn’t play him to be fair. It is his first injury since the BMGB friendly, as far as I can remember.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Out for the rest of the season. That's probably the last nail in the coffin for us.

WTF? Its a loss, but lets not pretend he is our most prolific player.  Kels always had the ability to disappear for games. Would rather he was there leading the attack, but he wasn't going to keep us up on his own. Makes it more difficult, but everyone else needed to do their jobs anyway.