Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

On 29/04/2023 at 12:35, shailen said:

What can we do to speed up the recovery? I'd have him back at 80% for last couple of games if we can?? 

It's an adductor tear minimum time for that to heal if minor is 4 weeks, usually 12-16 weeks, he's out for the season realistically. Only thing we can do is lock Daka and Nacho in a room together in the hope that Nachos infectious personality, can also transmit to some sort of extra footballing ability for Daka.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/04/2023 at 16:26, CrispinLA in Texas said:

To still make the pass to Maddison was quite incredible, and then he went down.......what a warrior 🫡

If Leicester stay up by 1 pt, I'm putting all the credit to Iheanacho and that draw making injury pass. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Sorry to bring back this thread from the abyss. I've been arguing too much in the Maddison thread and wanted some good Karma.

I love this bloke. Thinking about him falling in a heap after making that pass in the Leeds game still brings a tear to my eye. And celebrating whilst limping off......

Get well soon Kels. Hope to see you in a Leicester shirt again.

For a second there I thought you were bringing us news that he's fit to play on Monday...:(

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He'd only have a year left on his contract at the end of the season wouldn't he? Not sure we can afford another saleable asset leaving on a free, even if he would benefit us massively in the Champ.

Keep him and play him and he will fire us straight back up 

3 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Keep him and play him and he will fire us straight back up 

Depends how in the hole financially we are I guess and what sort of offers come in. We'd potentially still have Daka/Vardy. I think due to the contract situations we might be better off keeping Barnes unless we get a silly offer for him.

59 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Depends how in the hole financially we are I guess and what sort of offers come in. We'd potentially still have Daka/Vardy. I think due to the contract situations we might be better off keeping Barnes unless we get a silly offer for him.

Yes whoever it is some of our players may be worth more to the club in the long run helping us get back up than selling off straight away. But then again,  they have all been crap for the most part ..

• Like 1

Always been a fan of Nacho, can't ever question his workrate.. it's just the quality isn't always there. But he's never kicked up a fuss and been a model professional, even when we've treated him badly.

Hope he stays, offers a different dimension to our game.

• Like 2

Would love it if he somehow stays if/ when we go down, and sees out the last year of his contract. Can then either re-sign or leave on a free next summer, depending on how we get on next year. He’d tear up the Champ and give us the best chance of bouncing straight back up, so arguably worth whatever fee we’d receive for him with a year left on his contract.

I’d build the team around him in his favoured 10 position. The below is about as good as we can hope for in the Championship, with decent back ups in Albrighton, Kristiansen, Thomas, Braybrooke etc .

Iversen 

Ricardo - Souttar - Faes - Justin

Hamza - KDH

Winger  -  Iheanacho  -  Winger 

Daka

If we somehow managed to keep hold of him in the championship he’d score 35 and assist another 20. 

Rodgers treated him awfully. In the likely even we go down it’s going to be heartbreaking seeing the good, likeable players wearing other shirts.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 99 Problems said:

Iheanacho has 12 months left on his contract in yet another shambles overseen by Rudkin. That means he’s going in the summer as we definitely now can’t afford to lose players for nothing 

Rather have him in the Championship for a season could help us get back up