Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Regardless of whether we stay up or go down, he really needs to go to a club that will actually utilise him properly.

Bet his agent has already been doing the rounds, would be gobsmacked if he was still here next season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Just think he deserves some appreciation. Other than Vardy, who is untouchable, I think he’s the only player who can really hold his head up high after than god awful season. I really hope we can keep him, he should be the first name on the team sheet next season. Gets so much stick for no reason despite posting very good numbers for goal involvements whenever he’s been given a fair chance. You can see how much he cares and his reaction when he got injured showed more passion than I’ve seen from anyone else all season. 

Would love him to stay but his reaction after being subbed said everything. He seemed to say farewell when coming off. Could have over interpreted that but that's what it felt like 

35 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

mismanaged by the leprechaun, treated like shit by the club but through it all he played with passion and class. devastating that he'll be leaving.

Really feeling sad that he'll be leaving, think he he'll be banging in the goals in the championship but he won't stay when his salary is halved 

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really feeling sad that he'll be leaving, think he he'll be banging in the goals in the championship but he won't stay when his salary is halved 

if we have ambition to return we need him to tear up the championship

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

As much as I would like to see Iheanacho stay at the club, his contract expires at the end of next season and we can't afford to lose another player on a free.

We can if it means he gets us promoted 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's way too good for us. And frankly far too good for where he'll end up. Media perception is that he isn't that great yet the stats tell you a completely different story. He can create something out of nothing which none of the others (Maddison aside) can.

Says everything about how character that he was the one speaking to the club media after the game and was clearly gutted.

Top 10 players ranked by minutes per goal/assist, minimum 150 appearances as of 12th Feb 2023 (Source talksport.com). Iheanacho at number 10, he does not get anywhere near enough credit when you compare him to the other 9 names on the list.

Thierry Henry - 86 minutes per goal or assist
Sergio Aguero - 86 minutes per goal or assist
Mohamed Salah - 97 minutes per goal or assist
Robin van Persie - 102 minutes per goal or assist
Harry Kane - 105 minutes per goal or assist
Gabriel Jesus - 109 minutes per goal or assist
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 109 minutes per goal or assist
Eric Cantona - 109 minutes per goal or assist
Didier Drogba - 110 minutes per goal or assist
Kelechi Iheanacho - 112 minutes per goal or assist

Edited by beepee1984
  • Like 3

I feel for Nacho. Mismanaged by the twat Rodgers. Never really got a sniff when he should have and never once moaned about his playing time. I hope he stays but he deserves to be playing Premier League football.

• Like 3