Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone know why Rodgers hated him? I’ve heard he told Vardy that he couldn’t be effective anymore but then still didn’t play Iheanacho. 

It’s bizarre because I always thought Vardy and Kels played well together. Brendan is just a fvcking ball bag.

• Like 4

Iheanacho Daka to start every game next season please. 

I think Iheanacho is best suited to that role just behind a fast striker. 

Think we will hold on to both, with Vardy off to America. 

Still have faith Daka will do something for us and we have so many gaps to fill in the midfield, I'd prefer to keep this pair and then put all our effort into that midfield during the window. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Iheanacho Daka to start every game next season please. 

I think Iheanacho is best suited to that role just behind a fast striker. 

Think we will hold on to both, with Vardy off to America. 

Still have faith Daka will do something for us and we have so many gaps to fill in the midfield, I'd prefer to keep this pair and then put all our effort into that midfield during the window. 

I have zero faith in Daka, control is dreadful. Hopefully get a good chunk of our money back and buy someone else

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Would love him to stay but his reaction after being subbed said everything. He seemed to say farewell when coming off. Could have over interpreted that but that's what it felt like 

Yeah. Wouldn’t blame him for going at all. He’s been treated badly by all accounts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

Top 10 players ranked by minutes per goal/assist, minimum 150 appearances as of 12th Feb 2023 (Source talksport.com). Iheanacho at number 10, he does not get anywhere near enough credit when you compare him to the other 9 names on the list.

Thierry Henry - 86 minutes per goal or assist
Sergio Aguero - 86 minutes per goal or assist
Mohamed Salah - 97 minutes per goal or assist
Robin van Persie - 102 minutes per goal or assist
Harry Kane - 105 minutes per goal or assist
Gabriel Jesus - 109 minutes per goal or assist
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 109 minutes per goal or assist
Eric Cantona - 109 minutes per goal or assist
Didier Drogba - 110 minutes per goal or assist
Kelechi Iheanacho - 112 minutes per goal or assist

Obviously his stats may be slightly skewed as he’s often been used sporadically but anyone looking at that and not rating him is absolutely mental. He should have played every available minute this season, it’s a crime that he didn’t. Honestly, had he have played more,  along with Iversen and Cags we’d have been comfortably mid table. I know he’ll probably leave but if I had anything to do with the club I’d offer him the best contract we could and tell him he’s our main man next season. Strikes me as the kind of player that needs to be shown some love. 

• Like 2

One of the most gutting parts of being relegated is that we may never see iheanacho as a starting player for us for a full season.

I genuinely think he's been among our 3 best players for the last 3 seasons yet he's spent most of that time on the bench. You cant defend Rodgers because he wasnt backed when he had iheanacho rotting on the bench for no obvious reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah he is a twat

Trouble is with iheanacho he is either feast or famine 1 game he does well the next he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo all them chances created against Southampton for example.  Some games you will get 1 chance and you need a guy that can take it

• Like 1

Love the guy, link up for first goal yesterday was brilliant and he's always put the effort in.

Praying he sees next year as a free hit. Can either fire us to promotion and become a real hero figure, or it doesn't go to plan and he leaves on a free and gets himself a big sign on bonus and paycheck elsewhere. 

More likely, he goes out the door cut price to the continent and continues to not quite find a home.

Will be gutted to see Iheanacho go. He is the most 'complete' striker that we have. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a Brighton, Brentford or West Ham and do really well. 

Top player and man. crucial goals during our FA cup win, and despite never being the main man he always did the job when called upon, even after being slated in his first season or 2. Him and Barnes are the only 2 of our big assets I will be sad to see the back of. They also link up incredibly well when in the same side. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone know why Rodgers hated him? I’ve heard he told Vardy that he couldn’t be effective anymore but then still didn’t play Iheanacho. 

Rogers didn’t like his attitude in the early days he didn’t integrate in to the team and would often knock about with his agent/brothers 

1 hour ago, Smig123 said:

Trouble is with iheanacho he is either feast or famine 1 game he does well the next he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo all them chances created against Southampton for example.  Some games you will get 1 chance and you need a guy that can take it

That feast or famine description could easily apply to Barnes too but he got the regular starts. Iheanacho is the better overall footballer from a technique perspective. It’s just a case of a stubborn Rodgers not liking him enough to ever acknowledge him as the starter that he should’ve been for at least the last two years.

No way he stays. Someone in the PL will pick him up. There was plenty of interest when we went for him, many were put off by his release clause MC wanted inserted. He’s done nothing to reduce that interest. 

Could see him at West Ham. Even Forest could benefit from him. Brentford need someone to replace Toney. So many options.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No way he stays. Someone in the PL will pick him up. There was plenty of interest when we went for him, many were put off by his release clause MC wanted inserted. He’s done nothing to reduce that interest. 

Could see him at West Ham. Even Forest could benefit from him. Brentford need someone to replace Toney. So many options.

We need to put the contract extension on the table... I think he will take it 

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We need to put the contract extension on the table... I think he will take it 

Why would he ? A PL club will not only be able to offer more but also a better standard. It seems very unlikely. Kel is a PL player. We are not a PL club. 

1 hour ago, Smig123 said:

Good luck finding a Championship striker with half his impact…Vardy misses chances and miscontrols the ball too - but we don’t all throw up our hands and say he’s an inconsistent finisher with a poor touch…Kels was sublime v West Ham at times -  playing subtle link up passes Vardy could only dream of playing - he’s been chronically underrated here and next season  he’ll either score 25+ goals for us or 20ish in the Prem for a manager and a fanbase which appreciate his talents