Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

14 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I like Nacho, but some of the guff on here is over the top.

Being let off missing some total sitters, don't doubt he should have play more and has had a ok season.

But as much as fault as some of the others.

It took an interim coach less than 3 matches to figure out that the best striker regardless of nationality was Kelechi. Once he got injured I knew we were officially ****ed, and Dean Smith knew it too. That he was rushed back from injury wasn’t surprising at all. Rogers killed us, without an iota of doubt. Play a striker so he gets match fit and confidence but that was never given to Kele consistently so why shocked at the occasional misses. 

• Like 1

I would try and keep him. If we want to go up we have to actually keep some talent.

I'd also try and keep Barnes but that may be more difficult.

We cannot afford to just sell every bit of talent we have. We need some goals next year.

41 minutes ago, Okeyanthony said:

It took an interim coach less than 3 matches to figure out that the best striker regardless of nationality was Kelechi. Once he got injured I knew we were officially ****ed, and Dean Smith knew it too. That he was rushed back from injury wasn’t surprising at all. Rogers killed us, without an iota of doubt. Play a striker so he gets match fit and confidence but that was never given to Kele consistently so why shocked at the occasional misses. 

What nationality got to do with it, a little odd.

15 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Being let off missing some total sitters, don't doubt he should have play more and has had a ok season.

I don't feel our attacking output is where blame should be laid. They really did outperform for most of the season considering how few chances we created.

If anything, it's the pressing of the team, starting with the strikers, that can be criticised, not our missed chances.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

With 12 months left on his contract and being one of the top earners, there's next to no chance of him staying. He'll be an asset wherever he goes.

I can't see a bottom half premier league not wanting to pick him up on the cheap as a striking option. Iheanacho for something like £10 million would be a steal for someone. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't see a bottom half premier league not wanting to pick him up on the cheap as a striking option. Iheanacho for something like £10 million would be a steal for someone. 

Can't get Brentford out of my head. Fans will like him.

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

How can you possibly say that he's at fault as the others? He was barley used and still performed to an incredibly high standard. 1 completely off day against Southampton and apart from that, even when he's had a poor game, he generally creates something out of nothing. If we had players of his attitude and ability we'd be competing at the other end of the table.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He underperformed against his xg/90 by more than anyone else in our squad. I think it was something like - 0.2 which made him easily in the bottom third of Prem forwards this year, worryingly close to Neal Maupay territory. His actual combined G+A/90 is always consistently high but his stats for accuracy do imply he misses some absolute sitters. 

I'd say that's about right for Nacho. He has a lot of moments where he seems to have his 50p boots on. Pinging off in all directions, lapses in concentration, big clumsy slices. Then he'll follow it up with a moment of genius for a great goal or assist. 

I hope we keep him. I'd build the team around a Daka-Iheanacho attack next year personally. But he's definitely not the messiah, sure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He underperformed against his xg/90 by more than anyone else in our squad. I think it was something like - 0.2 which made him easily in the bottom third of Prem forwards this year, worryingly close to Neal Maupay territory. His actual combined G+A/90 is always consistently high but his stats for accuracy do imply he misses some absolute sitters. 

I'd say that's about right for Nacho. He has a lot of moments where he seems to have his 50p boots on. Pinging off in all directions, lapses in concentration, big clumsy slices. Then he'll follow it up with a moment of genius for a great goal or assist. 

I hope we keep him. I'd build the team around a Daka-Iheanacho attack next year personally. But he's definitely not the messiah, sure. 

For me he is often most useful as a creator. I'm not sure xG shows that. Beautiful assist for Barnes' last goal for the club...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shen said:

I don't feel our attacking output is where blame should be laid. They really did outperform for most of the season considering how few chances we created.

If anything, it's the pressing of the team, starting with the strikers, that can be criticised, not our missed chances.

I think the team has underperformed as a whole, no one is blameless. 

We only outperformed our goals for xg by 2.01, so not sure that's strictly true. 

However, we underperformed defensively by 8.21 for xg against.

Not sure any part of the team is blameless.

12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

How can you possibly say that he's at fault as the others? He was barley used and still performed to an incredibly high standard. 1 completely off day against Southampton and apart from that, even when he's had a poor game, he generally creates something out of nothing. If we had players of his attitude and ability we'd be competing at the other end of the table.

Maybe not as at fault as others, but not blameless as some have made out. 

I wouldn't say he performed at an incredibly high standard I think that is a real stretch, he's been inconsistent in games let alone the season. He had moments of magic and the odd good game. 

Do I feel he should have been used more, 100% 

His average rating from whoscored is 6.47

His average rating from sofascore is 6.77

I don't think you pick up those sorts of scores if you are performed to an incredibly high standard,

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I hope we keep him too and wish we had played him more this year.

I think that's just Nacho.

But I feel some of the fan bases are a little over the top on how he performed this season.