Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Just now, Stadt said:

Dependent on their contract length yeah. We dropped a bollock by faffing around with Torino when it came to Praet and we paid his wages, let his contract further run out and barely played him. Masterstoke.

Crazy, we seem unwilling to make a loss of a player but then do things that see us make a loss anyway. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Crazy, we seem unwilling to make a loss of a player but then do things that see us make a loss anyway. 

The same thing will probably happen with Soumare. Seemingly we haggled for the sake of a few million and now we'd be lucky to get 75% of the fee quoted.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

The same thing will probably happen with Soumare. Seemingly we haggled for the sake of a few million and now we'd be lucky to get 75% of the fee quoted.

I can't understand why we didn't move him on last summer, we were offered a decent fee. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Where's the communication too? Shouldn't this be a simple question of saying to the manager okay we are totally happy with the price, but they aren't budging. If he's going to play a big part in the team we won't sell, if not he can go?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Kel’s proven he’s happy to be a rotational player in the right set up.

what I mean is it's not right for Brentford at the price we'd ask. I could see him going to a Brighton or Palace if we allowed him to go, as they'd need the strikers and would be more willing to pay it, but I'm not convinced we don't say one more year, we'll let you go in January if it doesn't look like we're making an immediate return

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

what I mean is it's not right for Brentford at the price we'd ask. I could see him going to a Brighton or Palace if we allowed him to go, as they'd need the strikers and would be more willing to pay it, but I'm not convinced we don't say one more year, we'll let you go in January if it doesn't look like we're making an immediate return

Palace spent a chunk of money on Edouard though did they not? Unless they’re ready to move away from him. Brighton I feel will

look abroad for a new striker.

I have seen Brentford have been linked with both Gyokeres from Cov and Diallo from Strasbourg.

He may not have the market we would all expect him to have.

On 30/05/2023 at 13:12, eleven points said:

That Whoscored rating includes a lot of short substitute appearances. Fairer to judge him on his 11 starts where he averaged 6.92, which would put him as one of our higher rated players.

For a per 90 total;

image.png.7579f5df28144563250c0dbc256e82b6.png

Criminally underused. His comparative players on that site were the likes of Messi and Lewandowski!! Not saying he's as good as them obviously, but that's the rate of output you're seeing. 5 goals and 5 assists from in total, 13.3 nineties. Exceptional again.

I'd be interested to see the sort of offers we get for him this summer - I think there's actually a better case here to keep him for the Championship even if we did lose him for nothing because the difference here is it could be the difference in getting us back up. But that all depends on what we're actually offered. I'm talking it clubs try and lowball us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, honeybradger said:

To be fair he was decent under Dean Smith. There's a good player in there and with Tielemans leaving on a free you can understand why the club might think it was best to hold onto him rather than giving up on him after a year.

Sadly Rodgers didnt know how to utilise him properly which resulted in him having little impact this season and a huge cut in value. If we had brought in Smith earlier i think Soumare would be considered as an important piece in our survival.

He’s had about as many good games under Smith as Tete has had for us. 

Bad mistake not cutting our losses and getting rid of him last summer. Let’s just hope we don’t do the same this year. He has to go for whatever fee we can get for him. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/05/2023 at 15:45, foxinsocks said:

I asked ChatGPT what we should say to nacho:

To persuade Kelechi Iheanacho to continue with Leicester City despite their relegation, the club can make him an offer that highlights their long-term vision, commitment to success, and the important role he can play within the team. Here's a proposal that could be presented to Iheanacho:

Dear Kelechi,

We hope this message finds you well. First and foremost, we want to express our appreciation for your contributions to Leicester City and acknowledge the incredible talent and dedication you have shown during your time with the club.

As you know, we have recently faced the disappointment of relegation, a setback that has affected us all deeply. However, we firmly believe that adversity can be a catalyst for positive change. Our vision for Leicester City remains unwavering, and we are committed to restoring the club's place in the Premier League and beyond.

Kelechi, we see you as a vital part of our future success. Your performances on the pitch have been outstanding, and you have showcased your immense talent, professionalism, and goal-scoring prowess. We firmly believe that you possess the qualities and ability to help us regain our position in the top flight.

With that in mind, we would like to extend an offer to you to continue your journey with Leicester City. We recognize that you have one more year remaining on your current contract, and we want to demonstrate our commitment to you and the belief we have in your abilities.

Our offer to you includes:

1. Long-term Perspective: While we are currently in the Championship, we have a clear vision to return to the Premier League at the earliest opportunity. We want you to be a central figure in our journey back to the top flight and play a significant role in our future successes.

2. Competitive Package: We understand the importance of recognizing your talent and value to the team. As part of our offer, we are prepared to discuss an improved contract that reflects your contributions, both on and off the pitch.

3. Clear Development Plan: We are dedicated to your continued growth and development as a player. Our coaching staff, along with our focus on individual development, will provide you with the resources and support necessary to enhance your skills and reach your full potential.

4. Ambitious Team Building: Relegation has given us an opportunity to reevaluate our squad and make strategic additions that will strengthen our team. We are committed to assembling a competitive squad capable of challenging for promotion and achieving success in domestic and international competitions.

5. Fan Support and Adoration: The Leicester City fanbase is renowned for its unwavering support and passion. You have become a fan favorite, and your contributions have endeared you to the supporters. We believe that with your continued presence, you will not only receive their support but also inspire and motivate them to rally behind the team during our journey back to the Premier League.

Kelechi, we recognize that this decision is crucial to your career, and we respect whatever choice you make. However, we hope that you can see the potential in our future and the opportunities that lie ahead. You have become an integral part of Leicester City's history, and we would be honored to continue this journey together.

Please let us know if you would like to discuss this offer further or if there are any specific considerations you would like us to address. We look forward to your response and remain excited about the prospect of seeing you in a Leicester City shirt next season.

Best regards,

[Chairman's Name] Leicester City Football Club

What... didn't the club send this?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Jamie Vardy is the greatest striker we've ever had play for Leicester City. Unarguably the GOAT. But it's Ihenacho's time now. A goal and an assist, linking up play, he is simply too good for any level below the Premier League and entering his physical prime.

giphy.gif

Had to be a contender for MOTM.

Realise your probably being diplomatic, but he was motm, no contender. 

• Like 2