Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

If he stays, we go back up. The fact he's even still here shows his character. I think if Maresca gives him a run in the team, he signs a new deal. 

If not, I wish him all the best when he goes to a top side next year.

I don't think he will go to one though. There's some weird perception in the media about him. Alan Smith was so critical of him against West Ham and even from the highlights I saw last night, Matty Elliott gave him no credit for his finish/assist (which was actually quality on second viewing).

He'd do a job anywhere and deserves that chance but let's hope he stays with us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

The amount of flack Nacho gets is f**king crazy, he’s far better than Vardy has been over the past two seasons.

He needs to be our number one and Vardy from the bench where he will still be a useful asset for us.

100% and Vardy off the bench would be a much better tactic 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2023 at 07:51, Dames said:

At this point to get us back up i’d risk losing him on a free in the summer. You aren’t going to replace him with a player of similar ability for what we will get for him. 

Pretty much this, the numbers change given where we are and where we want to be, promotion would outweigh losing him for nothing, but hopefully he does renew, he doesnt seem very demanding, but I expect the issue is multiple managers have never backed him, make him our #1 and see what happens.

On 10/08/2023 at 10:04, whoareyaaa said:

100% and Vardy off the bench would be a much better tactic 

Don’t think JV has ever been an effective sub, but I’d love to see the two of them given a proper run together. But if you have to choose one, it’s Kelechi all day…

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

It's actually a bit silly we have him in the Championship 

Screenshot-2023-08-11-at-14-15-23.png

Isn't he in the alltime top 10 PL goals to minutes list. As you say it's a bit silly a player of his ability at peak age is playing in the championship. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/08/2023 at 14:37, fox_up_north said:

If he stays, we go back up. The fact he's even still here shows his character. I think if Maresca gives him a run in the team, he signs a new deal. 

If not, I wish him all the best when he goes to a top side next year.

Absolutely. What a man as proven time and time again. Making that killer pass while holding his groin will forever be remembered. He has leading stats not just at Leicester but around the whole PL league but always had to be second fiddles to others and now even in the Championship. This guy is not just a PL player, he is a top PL player (his stats show) who I believe can start in a top six PL side. 

We wasted him under Rodgers and I hope he is not wasted under Maresca. If he is, I much rather him move on now.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2023 at 09:59, dmayne7 said:

I don't think he will go to one though. There's some weird perception in the media about him. Alan Smith was so critical of him against West Ham and even from the highlights I saw last night, Matty Elliott gave him no credit for his finish/assist (which was actually quality on second viewing).

He'd do a job anywhere and deserves that chance but let's hope he stays with us.

His goal rate is comparable to Akinbyi's.

BUT we are now playing at his level

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Absolutely. What a man as proven time and time again. Making that killer pass while holding his groin will forever be remembered. He has leading stats not just at Leicester but around the whole PL league but always had to be second fiddles to others and now even in the Championship. This guy is not just a PL player, he is a top PL player (his stats show) who I believe can start in a top six PL side. 

We wasted him under Rodgers and I hope he is not wasted under Maresca. If he is, I much rather him move on now.

That pass was brilliant. But a controversial opinion, he doesn’t play that pass if he doesn’t do his groin in. I think he ends up holding the ball too long. In fact, that goal was odd because Madders didn’t pass to Vardy either, he got a heavy first touch ( both Madders and Vards acknowledged that post match ). 1 injury and 1 bad touch led to a great goal. 

Unless it happens I dont believe one minute that Kels is a consistent top 6 striker. I genuinely believe he’s a great bloke and the bottom tier PL would be interested, but he’s not the main man he’s often made out to be. 

Edited by Chelmofox

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-wilfred-ndidi-experiment-reveals-8669368?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

“Kelechi Iheanacho has been on the pitch for 91 of the 180 minutes Leicester City have played this season and all four of the goals they have scored have come in that period.”

“Since his ridiculously good scoring run in the spring of 2021, this has been an established fact at City. And even under a new manager in Enzo Maresca, it does not look like changing.”

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed a huge improvement in Nachos pressing in the last 2 games?   I nearly made a post after cov taking aim at the fact that he aimlessly wonders around rather than hounding the strikers when we are defending. This is relatively normal from him historically, with almost half attempts to close down and generally seems like he doesnt believe he will be successful. 

Perhaps enzo noticed this also because the last 2 games, ive witnessed him actually sprint at defenders and even the keeper on things that generally are lost causes but we all know that these can lead to mistakes or at least make the pass harder for them. I really hope we see more of this from him because it was probably the area of his game that needed the most improvement. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If he sharpens up and makes better decisions he could clean up in this league. Seems to be overcomplicating things at times. I'm sure he'll come good soon

Agreed. Think he tried a bit too hard today but he'll hit a purple patch soon. 

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Still think we’re vulnerable to losing him late in the window and then struggling to replace him. Far too good for this level and could easily play for many PL sides, and available reasonably cheap (for them) 

tbf i dont now, as he could easily have been one of the 6 whos changed their mind about leaving, atm it looks far more likely Daka is on the way out

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

tbf i dont now, as he could easily have been one of the 6 whos changed their mind about leaving, atm it looks far more likely Daka is on the way out

True. But even if he’s said he’s staying. A top half PL team could come in for him and then what? He’d probably still go