Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

True. But even if he’s said he’s staying. A top half PL team could come in for him and then what? He’d probably still go 

only if we got an acceptable bid of course and atm i cant see a top half prem team wanting Nacho, as they are all covered in that respect, and yes I know Spurs have lost Kane but they are looking at Gift Orban at Gent

and for all we know he might be in discussions for a new deal, 

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

True. But even if he’s said he’s staying. A top half PL team could come in for him and then what? He’d probably still go 

I have massive doubts a top half PL team comes calling. His decision making can be so poor and almost looked inexperienced today. I think his choices are going to be either another relegation scrap or seeing out his contract. I don’t see him ripping the league up like many think he will do. Would rather offload and look elsewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

That moment in the first half he ignored putting Mavididi in so he could go for the glory himself was criminal. Enzo should of ripped him a new one for that. Was dropping far too deep as well so there was nothing upfront, definitely not one of his better games 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

only if we got an acceptable bid of course and atm i cant see a top half prem team wanting Nacho, as they are all covered in that respect, and yes I know Spurs have lost Kane but they are looking at Gift Orban at Gent

and for all we know he might be in discussions for a new deal, 

I don’t see how a new deal is going to be attractive. It’s going to include a big drop in wages with a bonus if promoted. However, if promotion doesn’t happen and he still isn’t fancied it leaves him in a tough negotiating position for future moves. Surely his most attractive option is seeing out his contract on his current wages?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I don’t see how a new deal is going to be attractive. It’s going to include a big drop in wages with a bonus if promoted. However, if promotion doesn’t happen and he still isn’t fancied it leaves him in a tough negotiating position for future moves. Surely his most attractive option is seeing out his contract on his current wages?

im just looking at all the options tbf,

i do think he'll stay with us, as frankly i think he knows he'll be the top dog striker wise and the fact i doubt anyone wants to pay what we'd want

on a new contract, its possible you never know what could happen, all depends on Kel and what he thinks best for him and his family; always alot of factors to consider, not just the money side

• Like 1

Everyone screaming for him to start consistently in the league including me for what seems forever - I wish he would start bloody tearing things up - should rip this league apart not be bang average against relegation fodder 

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I have massive doubts a top half PL team comes calling. His decision making can be so poor and almost looked inexperienced today. I think his choices are going to be either another relegation scrap or seeing out his contract. I don’t see him ripping the league up like many think he will do. Would rather offload and look elsewhere. 

I’ve been reading stuff like this for years on FoxesTalk and it’s beyond parody at this point. We get the bulk of our quality chances at goal with him in the lineup, who’s going to step in and do any better, especially when we’re in the second division? His stats back up that the absolutely insanity that we have a player of his level in our Championship side.

Have fun finding consistent and quality scoring chances without him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

I’ve been reading stuff like this for years on FoxesTalk and it’s beyond parody at this point. We get the bulk of our quality chances at goal with him in the lineup, who’s going to step in and do any better, especially when we’re in the second division? His stats back up that the absolutely insanity that we have a player of his level in our Championship side.

Have fun finding consistent and quality scoring chances without him. 

100% agree. Some fans just don’t like him for some reason, just like Rodgers didn’t.

He is a striker. He is often not selfish enough. Barnes and Maddison were way more selfish and they didn’t get the same level of criticisms. Sometimes being selfish means you miss, but if you don’t try, you never score. Another player could also miss. If he instead decides to pass and it didn’t lead to a goal, he will also get criticised for not being selfish enough. 

He is a top PL player and as you say it is absolute insanity we still have him together with the likes of Ricardo and some of the others, even like Praet, Castagne, Winks, Coady who are all PL level (maybe not the top).

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks him leaving would be good for us is absolutely clueless and delusional.

He is the difference between us going back up and not IMO. Without him we wont score the goals needed. Vardy and Daka wont cut it if a mainstay in the starting line up.

This guy has been overlooked and not respected for how good he really is. Sure he makes mistakes and the occasional wild shot but he holds it up well and we play and gain space alot easier with him in the team.

If he stays and stays fit and in the team all year he'll bag 30+ imo. Id do everything in my power to keep him if I was top. The talk of 10 mill is a joke, unless we got 40+(which we wont) we should take the risk on losing him as a free 100%.

If he stays Id be shocked if we dont make the top 2. We just have far to many good players for this level but hes the one that we need most as there is not another player anywhere near his level in the world who would play at this level in their PRIME age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

100% agree. Some fans just don’t like him for some reason, just like Rodgers didn’t.

He is a striker. He is often not selfish enough. Barnes and Maddison were way more selfish and they didn’t get the same level of criticisms. Sometimes being selfish means you miss, but if you don’t try, you never score. Another player could also miss. If he instead decides to pass and it didn’t lead to a goal, he will also get criticised for not being selfish enough. 

He is a top PL player and as you say it is absolute insanity we still have him together with the likes of Ricardo and some of the others, even like Praet, Castagne, Winks, Coady who are all PL level (maybe not the top).

What you definition of a top PL player?

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What you definition of a top PL player?

Someone who can regularly start for a top 8 side.

For example, I think Nacho is better than Richarlison at Spurs and if Nacho joins Spurs I think he would be good enough to start next to Son. I also think he is good enough to alternate and start games at teams like Man Utd and with the latest squad at Liverpool as well.

He will definitely be a starter at teams like Villa.

This is how highly I rate Nacho.

Even without an extended run in the side and be trusted, he had leading stats in the PL. Imagine what he can do if he can be a regular starter like Vardy was and not be in and out of the squad.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1