Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Someone who can regularly start for a top 8 side.

For example, I think Nacho is better than Richarlison at Spurs and if Nacho joins Spurs I think he would be good enough to start next to Son. I also think he is good enough to alternate and start games at teams like Man Utd and with the latest squad at Liverpool as well.

He will definitely be a starter at teams like Villa.

This is how highly I rate Nacho.

Even without an extended run in the side and be trusted, he had leading stats in the PL.

So how to you explain the lack of interest, with a year left on his contract?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So how to you explain the lack of interest, with a year left on his contract?

So I see you don’t rate him and fall into the category of fans who want to get on his back.

How do you explain his stats?

How do you explain us finding Mahrez and Kante without top team interest until we got them?

How do you explain Maguire going to Man Utd for 85m?

I am not sure you get the point, but obviously you don’t rate him, even in the Championship. Then who do you propose we get that can contribute to as many goals as Nacho did?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

So I see you don’t rate him and fall into the category of fans who want to get on his back.

I think he's mercurial, capable of great games and moments, but equally capable of being the total opposite.

I don't think he's a top PL player like you as he lack consistency, but his a decent PL player and should smash the Championship.

How do you explain his stats?

He has great stats, but football isn't just about stats or played on paper.

How do you explain us finding Mahrez and Kante without top team interest until we got them?

Odd point? They were unknowns in France, Kel has been playing in the PL for 8 season.

How do you explain Maguire going to Man Utd for 85m?

Another random point, not sure how that relevant?

I am not sure you get the point, but obviously you don’t rate him, even in the Championship. Then who do you propose we get that can contribute to as many goals as Nacho did?

I was just interested in your take that his a top PL player.

Seems like I've touch a nerve.

I think he's going to be key to our campaign. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think he's mercurial, capable of great games and moments, but equally capable of being the total opposite.

I don't think he's a top PL player like you as he lack consistency, but his a decent PL player and should smash the Championship.

He has great stats, but football isn't just about stats or played on paper.

Odd point? They were unknowns in France, Kel has been playing in the PL for 8 season.

Another random point, not sure how that relevant?

I was just interested in your take that his a top PL player.

Seems like I've touch a nerve.

I think he's going to be key to our campaign. 

Is Callum Wilson better than Nacho? Do you think he will play as well if he only starts say 10 games a season intermittently and comes off the bench every now and then?

What about our Harvey Barnes?

What about Antony Gordon?

Edited by Tom12345

Seniorman is a very good player but probably not top half Premier league level. For me there are two problems with him .The first is his inconsistency & the second is linked to the first in that I don't feel any manager has utilized him properly. 

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Is Callum Wilson better than Nacho? Do you think he will play as well if he only starts say 10 games a season intermittently and comes off the bench every now and then?

What about our Harvey Barnes?

What about Antony Gordon?

So no response to my points?

I think Callum Wilson is a good PL player who shown he can be the main man at two PL clubs, who would probably had a even better career with have an ACL issues in both knees. He's a different player to Nacho, but if I could have Wilson at the same age as Nacho rather 31 I'd choose him.

Barnes and Gorden are totally different player as both play as a wide forward rather than a striker or Centre Forward. 

Nacho could well a better player if he played a full 38 games, but he's never been able to nail down a starting stop under 3 different managers in the PL, not count Smith as Nacho got injured.

I think Nacho has a massive opportunity under Enzo to become the main man, but he has to take it.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I like him, but no manager has played him regularly in his career.Perhaps he is a poor trainer

Bit harsh wording there mate. 

He was never going to make it at Man City despite the buy back clause. 

He got injured here after his first 20 or so minutes. Him, Vardy and Mahrez clicked that first game massively.

Thing is Kel is a confidence player. Confidence is massive in every walk of life he's a very good player and I'd go out on a limb saying if someone took him and shown him that trust and confidence in him, he'd be a top 10 prem striker. 

Poor trainer, quite possibly. 

• Like 3

he got the ball a lot in the first half, which means he's getting in the right positions but held onto it when a simple pass was on, this could just be a willing to prove the manager, when he comes on he doesn''t suffer this.

I think if Enzo tells him to release the ball as he is good with one two's, assiting etc he could be really valuable up there.. he was trying to hard to score against Huddersfield when he is actually a natural goal scorer.

Edited by whoareyaaa

22 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Seniorman is a very good player but probably not top half Premier league level. For me there are two problems with him .The first is his inconsistency & the second is linked to the first in that I don't feel any manager has utilized him properly. 

Not that I'm in anyway comparing them as players but do you think even Harlaand, Salah or Kane would have scored 20+ goals with us last season?

Any top striker needs the ball to score goals and none of ours received it often enough last year in the right areas, arguably mostly because of Rodgers and his tactics.

Vardy, preferably, likes to receive the ball in a particular way, that couldn't happen last year because our ponderous build up play invariably left him with no spaces to run into or exploit like he used to. 

Nacho can in fairness, score from a number of different areas on the pitch but even he can't do it without the ball. Rodgers side and tactics would have left poor Harlaand looking like a big blonde lump with some on here slagging him off as crap 🤣🤣.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m 100% with the gaffer on this one - if he fancies him to be our starting forward I’m with him - if he has already seen enough to know he doesn’t fit what’s required in this new world then he will move him on - I personally like him - he makes things happen - as others have said he desperately needs a run of 15 games playing 75 mins every week with a manager that trusts him and tells him he is number 1 and the starting man - if we get the other players in the attacking third that the manager wants and start actually creating things for him instead of him having to do it all himself I honestly believe he would get 20 this season easily if not more - we need quality around him though - new right winger - new number 8 and kel with confidence and we are in business big time this season 

• Like 3

the biggest issue with Nacho is he goes from having a brilliant touch and control to having trampoline feet, often in the same game, he should suit this system better than Vardy or Daka but he never really convinces

• Like 2

He arrived when Vardy was in the process of his best 2 and a half years with us individually. He got his opportunity and took it and generally has when he has started a run of games. I think Smith would've made him first choice if he was fit.

Presently he is comfortably our best striker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/08/2023 at 12:57, Tom12345 said:

Someone who can regularly start for a top 8 side.

For example, I think Nacho is better than Richarlison at Spurs and if Nacho joins Spurs I think he would be good enough to start next to Son. I also think he is good enough to alternate and start games at teams like Man Utd and with the latest squad at Liverpool as well.

This is how highly I rate Nacho.

Richarlison (at Spurs) is, currently, a very poor player so it shouldn't be difficult to be a better player than him.

The idea that he could play for Man U or Liverpool :nono::thumbdown::teehee::crylaugh:

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he got the ball a lot in the first half, which means he's getting in the right positions but held onto it when a simple pass was on, this could just be a willing to prove the manager, when he comes on he doesn''t suffer this.

I think if Enzo tells him to release the ball as he is good with one two's, assiting etc he could be really valuable up there.. he was trying to hard to score against Huddersfield when he is actually a natural goal scorer.

Definitely this. You don't get as many assists as he does without having good decision making. Didn't see that at the weekend and it was definitely as you have described as well as being rusty (which most of them look like right now).

I can understand Enzo wanting somebody who presses more from the front but if he bins off Iheanacho and especially if he plays Vardy instead, that'll be a massive mistake. Vardy's not going to cut it next year so it's a very backwards thinking move but Iheanacho is actually the perfect striker for our current system. He was pretty crap on Saturday yet he still fashioned out loads of chances and offers that outball by dropping into space, which helps with midfielders running beyond. As much as I'd like Piroe, I don't think he'd do that in the same way and unless he's got a worldie 20 year old lined up, it would be so stupid to get rid of him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the biggest issue with Nacho is he goes from having a brilliant touch and control to having trampoline feet, often in the same game, he should suit this system better than Vardy or Daka but he never really convinces

This is true but it's also part of what makes him good. Catches defenders off guard because if he doesn't know what's coming next, how can they!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

This is true but it's also part of what makes him good. Catches defenders off guard because if he doesn't know what's coming next, how can they!

Kel is very much like me when I play football. 

Back to goal, I have a fair idea of what I want to do with the ball, but have to have some sort of contingency plan for when the 9 out of 10 attempts doesn't come off. But when it does come off, it looks spectacular lol

Difference being I'm a lardy 40+ bloke and Kel gets paid in a week what it takes me 2 years to earn lol

I live in hope that Enzo sees if Kel what I see. Great player but doesn't have the elite attitude to kick on from where he is, and has told him so in the hope that it triggers something in him to help him become a huge asset. I've said for a long time that's he's almost certainly a player that never gives 100% in training and that's why others have been ahead of him. But if Enzo has a plan for him then it could be great.

If he didn't have a plan for him, then he'd find himself with Daka, Castange and Soumare and well out in the cold 

The real problem as I see it is that we need a proper CF to lead the line. Someone who can bring others into the game.

While also tying up 2 CBs to watch him while others find the spaces and score.  Kelechi can excel in that advanced 

support role, Where he's very good at finding the right space or place to be.

However he's got to learn to do more when we're not in possession to meet Enzo's demands.

Similarly to the way KDH has adapted his game to meet what Enzo has asked of him and we're now seeing the results. 

19 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Premier League Record

Appearances
Goals
Assists

2022/23 EPL stats per 90 mins:

Per 90 minute stats in the Premier League

0.40Goals Per 90'

5 Goals Total

93rd Percentile

0.40Assists Per 90'

5 Assists Total

99th Percentile

0.80G+A Per 90'

10 Goal Contributions Total

98th Percentile

2021/22:

0.29Goals Per 90'

4 Goals Total

85th Percentile

0.36Assists Per 90'

5 Assists Total

96th Percentile

0.64G+A Per 90'

9 Goal Contributions Total

93rd Percentile

2020/21:

0.74Goals Per 90'

12 Goals Total

99th Percentile

0.12Assists Per 90'

2 Assists Total

74th Percentile

0.87G+A Per 90'

14 Goal Contributions Total

98th Percentile

2019/20:

0.47Goals Per 90'

5 Goals Total

0.28Assists Per 90'

3 Assists Total

0.75G+A Per 90'

8 Goal Contributions Total

• Like 2

Iheanacho is up there with the best in goal contributions per 90 mins. Imagine what he can do if he can be given an extended period without being dropped as soon as he has one quiet game or half. Oh god damn, he gets dropped even after a great game.

Salah does not get dropped after one game with no goal or assist. If Salah was at Leicester, he would be criticised by the fans of being a second rate baller as soon as he has one game without any goal or assist, which does happen with him at Liverpool. He would have been dropped instantly and then benched for games before his next 20 minute cameo where the game would be lost. And yes, the likelihood would be that even Salah would not be able to make much from the 20 minutes. Nacho still gets a ridiculous amount of goals and assists in such context - that is incredible.

It is no wonder that when on the rare occasions he starts he gets a bit selfish. Yeah, why not if knowing that if he does not score he would instantly get benched the next game. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1