Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

How long do we pursue this Nacho lone striker thing? 

I'm not knee-jerking based off of today's performance but has he ever completed 90 minutes? .. I know he's been unlucky on a couple of occasions this season so far not to get a goal and I've always had a soft spot for him, but he was poor today. He can hold the ball up ok but there's no creativity to really lay it off to.

He'd be so well suited to having a strike partner which I don't believe is something we'll ever see under Enzo. 

I actually watched Vardy almost exclusively after he came on and he was making real intelligent runs that a ball over the top could've made a dangerous possession but due to the system of "pass till it opens up" were never going to be found.

I do like a lot about the new system and I genuinely believe that given time it'll make us a much better side. 

I just don't know if Nacho or Vards are the men to lead the line.

Over to you Tommy Cannon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He really doesn't suit this system, in fact I'm not sure any of the strikers do which is a big concern.

Maresca has shown so far even less appetite to going two up front than any other manager we've had. He won't do it, which makes me question why on earth we've priced Iheanacho out of a move as his goals and assist usually tend to be as part of a front two. He needs to be able to drop in and thread those 5-10 yard passes through to an on runner.

That said he looked far more interested in pressing today.

the only club interested in him wanted him as a replacement for a player they ended up not selling

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I don’t think he looks arsed at all. 

I watched him almost exclusively whilst he was on in the 2nd half.  Aimlessly walking around, no charisma, no pace, offering no leadership and doing next to nothing. Vardy was far from perfect but was a real nuisance and certainly didn't look 10 years older than Kels. There is all this talk about how he loves the club, but he's not showing it on the pitch or engaging with the fans.  After the match there were loads of kids outside the ground with Faes and Winks signing autographs. Kels just packs himself into his range rover and buggers off without the slightest hint of eye contact. Do not believe for one moment he wants to be here.

He's going to have to be given a chance, but i strongly feel Daka has to come back in the reckoning at some point.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I watched him almost exclusively whilst he was on in the 2nd half.  Aimlessly walking around, no charisma, no pace, offering no leadership and doing next to nothing. Vardy was far from perfect but was a real nuisance and certainly didn't look 10 years older than Kels. There is all this talk about how he loves the club, but he's not showing it on the pitch or engaging with the fans.  After the match there were loads of kids outside the ground with Faes and Winks signing autographs. Kels just packs himself into his range rover and buggers off without the slightest hint of eye contact. Do not believe for one moment he wants to be here.

He's going to have to be given a chance, but i strongly feel Daka has to come back in the reckoning at some point.

Yeah I was leaving as he was leaving too. Gave a little wave whilst he was in his car. Got straight in his car after Cov at home as well. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think Tom Cannon is in with a big chance of starting the next game

I doubt it. I think it’s going to take time for Cannon unless he is ripping it up in training. I think Enzo will persist with Kelechi and Vardy for a while. 

• Like 1

The club missed a trick not selling Nacho in this window. I know the Seniorman fan boys would have lost  their minds but I would have taken 10 mil for him if that was the only offer.

All the BS that he would burn up the Championship is laughable.He looked very ordinary again today !!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The club missed a trick not selling Nacho in this window. I know the Seniorman fan boys would have lost  their minds but I would have taken 10 mil for him if that was the only offer.

All the BS that he would burn up the Championship is laughable.He looked very ordinary again today !!

you can't sell people no one comes in for, its the same with Tielemans last season we should have sold but no one wanted him

I thought Kelechi was poor today, the times the played out from the back and he made a half arsed attempt to press, he never seems to be attacking the box and getting into positions to capatilise when our wide players get balls into the area. Vardy for all the question marks over his age had more energy and was at least getting into good areas. 

I really think Cannon will end up becoming our first choice striker and will score goals in this system. 

1 hour ago, longy said:

I actually watched Vardy almost exclusively after he came on and he was making real intelligent runs that a ball over the top could've made a dangerous possession but due to the system of "pass till it opens up" were never going to be found.

48 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Is this… a thing? lol 

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I thought Kelechi was poor today, the times the played out from the back and he made a half arsed attempt to press, he never seems to be attacking the box and getting into positions to capatilise when our wide players get balls into the area. Vardy for all the question marks over his age had more energy and was at least getting into good areas. 

I really think Cannon will end up becoming our first choice striker and will score goals in this system. 

Bar his cameo at Cov, I thought he'd been crap in the league up until today but I thought he was alright. He just doesn't suit playing as a 9, he needs to be behind another striker, we're stupid to keep expecting anything else.

Quite incredible that we signed him off the back of being an instinctive poacher and now he’s suddenly “not suited to being a 9”

Can we all just cut the crap and agree he’s a bit shit and can’t really be arsed 80% of the time?

The amount of rubbish you hear about him you’d think he was a club legend who could do no wrong.

”he just needs a run of games”

Has run of games…

”oh he’s not really a 9”

Scored tap ins for fun before we signed him

”oh it’s the system that doesn’t suit him”

Has played under several managers, several systems and several styles of play! 

What’s next? “Oh it’s a tough league, you watch when we play against a similar side” 🙈🙈

• Like 1

Early on Hull looked like they were scared crapless with a press from our forwards. It was as if they feared the worst but knew they had to play that way. We then just looked like we were putting in 50% effort and they grew in confidence after that. Any team more fired up would have taken them to the cleaners early on. It was a shocking first half performance that didn't really improve too much. Enzo should be very worried behind the scenes as that was a shitshow today.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I don't think he is long for this team, he did my head in first half with the amount of times there was 20 yards of space he could have dropped into to receive the ball and he just stood there like he was going to run in behind

...he is totally out of sorts, he seems under pressure, either because of the demands of the manager or what he puts on himself!!!

He is going to struggle with the press, it is not something that is integral to his game, but it is to the team. He needs to think like a #10, put people in spaces, keep supplying to both the wide men, and advance #8s.