Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Hasn't been great of late, but he's a confidence player in front of goal, has been that way throughout his entire career. Play him into form and he'll score goals for fun.

The one good thing about him is even when he's not scoring he normally has a decent goal involvement rate. Not convinced he's an Enzo type of player though as he's not the type to press from the front.

That said, anyone thinking he's incapable of scoring goals at this level needs to give their head a wobble. He's a million times better than the likes of Akpom, Solanke, and Armstrong who've all hit 28 in recent seasons. Also wasn't that long ago Karlan Grant bagged 19 in this league and I can only describe him as an attacking version of Danny Ward. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sampson said:

Eh he absolutely was. He was amongst the top scorers in Europe for that 6 months (like anlongside Messi and Lewandowski Le el) and was carrying us as a team. 

No one is saying he’s been consistently amazing for us and some fans absolutely do overrate him, but you’re going ridiculously over the top and swinging too far the other way to make a point.

To say he’s never delivered for us and to try and play down that he was only “decent” for that half season when he was clearly our best player, and then to play down his massive role in the clubs second greatest ever achievement is just kind of sad.

Especially with the needless and over the top endless laughing emojis is obviously completely disingenuous and just makes you look bitter and detract from your argument when there are genuine arguments to have on your side that we should’ve cashed in.

@LinekersLugs is Brenda Rodgers in disguise

• Haha 2

On 16/09/2023 at 13:27, Old Fox said:

It must be Kels turn for the weekly scapegoat - he’s a talented player and despite missing chances we would expect him to finish last night he finds positions and has a natural ability to create space for others - he would start in every other team in this division but we happen to have one of the GOAT strikers too! He will be an invaluable player and if he does not step up I have no doubt Enzo will move him on in January !

...Vardy was linking the play quite well yesterday,  Daka, you need to adjust your game!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

14 hours ago, Sampson said:

Eh he absolutely was. He was amongst the top scorers in Europe for that 6 months (like anlongside Messi and Lewandowski Le el) and was carrying us as a team. 

No one is saying he’s been consistently amazing for us and some fans absolutely do overrate him, but you’re going ridiculously over the top and swinging too far the other way to make a point.

To say he’s never delivered for us and to try and play down that he was only “decent” for that half season when he was clearly our best player, and then to play down his massive role in the clubs second greatest ever achievement is just kind of sad.

Especially with the needless and over the top endless laughing emojis is obviously completely disingenuous and just makes you look bitter and detract from your argument when there are genuine arguments to have on your side that we should’ve cashed in.

Think this is fair, he was important previously, but equally we should not let that period colour our conclusions of more contemporary performance, as if we are honest, they have not been of a high enough standard.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think this is fair, he was important previously, but equally we should not let that period colour our conclusions of more contemporary performance, as if we are honest, they have not been of a high enough standard.

We need to forget everything that happened before and focus on now. The case for keeping him was strong - he was going to score goals for fun and he was perfect for this system. My concerns were that we would see a drop off and it was likely he would simply run his contract down. We are going to have to give him some time, and i think the international break probably wasn't ideal for him as he really needed some time with the new players.  Based on his salary and the money we could have got for him, i think its fair to keep a very critical eye on his performances. There can't be many excuses from here on, and i hope he fulfils his promise.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Why is everyone slating Nacho all of a sudden?

Surely you can think of something better to complain about?

I guess if he bags one or two in the next game you can set your sights on someone else. 

This is Foxes Talk - there has to be an annual scapegoat. When some moan about our players, in particular all 3 of our forwards have been criticised this year by some, I wonder how many teams in this league would love the luxury of having Vardy, Nacho and Daka to choose from? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

This is Foxes Talk - there has to be an annual scapegoat. When some moan about our players, in particular all 3 of our forwards have been criticised this year by some, I wonder how many teams in this league would love the luxury of having Vardy, Nacho and Daka to choose from? 

It is possible to criticise an underperforming player without them being a "scapegoat". 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Nacho over Piroe….. :facepalm:

I think we have banked that Cannon will be a future star. Sounds like he is out for a little while but come December time we may start to see some of that promise come to life. I wonder if there were doubts that Piroe could deliver in the PL long term.  Seemed like there was something we didn't fancy.

But agree at this level Piroe is an upgrade over Nacho. Nacho will be seeing that contract out so our last chance to cash in will be January, but i doubt we will be getting very much.

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

System requires him to play back to goal and he simply ain’t that sort of striker. Better in support or as a no 10

Yet in the transfer window people were saying he would score a tonne of goals and was perfect for this system?  We aren't changing the system for him, so either he adapts or he spends the rest of his Leicester career on the bench. Although i am sure we can find a L2 team for him to score against in the 3rd round of the FA cup. 

He can be as sh*te as he wants in a 10 minute cameo when we're already 4-1 up. Who cares? He'll always be one of my favourite players in the squad. It's a long season and Vardy will likely pick up an injury at some point. He might not tear up the league as hoped but I'd still back Nacho to have one of those 6-8 game spells of his where everything sticks to him and every shot flies into the top corner.

• Like 2