Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

...whatever is going on with him, it is all in his head!!!

It is either pressure that he has put on himself or pressure he feels from what is being asked of him, but either way he is not doing himself any favours.

I do not believe that he sees himself doing what has been asked of him, in respect of pressing  the ball and I do not believe he understands where he should be in any given situation. He just wants to drop into the pocket with players ahead of him, who he tends to use as decoys but can also link with.

At this moment Maresca is not going to change his system to meet Nacho's wishes, the less confident that he is, the more errors he will make, it is a vicious circle,  he either adapts or goes, I really do not think he wants to leave this club, if he keeps up these poor performances the choice will be taken out of his hands.

Possibly an unpopular observation but I think this system suits a striker that runs in behind more than it does someone like Iheanacho. 

If the number 9 is able to break the lines, then it creates room for the number 8s to occupy the space higher up the pitch vacated by the defenders that drop deeper to stop the 9 from running in behind. If the opposition defence push up to combat this, then space is created in behind the back line for the 9 to get in behind the back line. 

Haaland and Alvarez score quite a few goals for Man City by running onto through balls. 

• Like 1

I was one of those saying we should keep him but knew that there was a chance he could put in performances like tonight. 

He still contributed with the penalty and in a few other situations, but overall, it was Nacho at his worst. 

Horrible first touch and getting caught in possession with his slow decision making. 

I think with Vardy impressing at the weekend and Daka likely coming back into the fold, Nacho really won't be afforded many more performances like tonight under Enzo. He really needs to make a big impression in his next game and tighten up all aspects of his game. 

I still think he can be an important player for us this season and if he hits some form, could score a lot of goals. 

He has probably got until January to really make his mark in the Championship. I am ready for the 'I told you so's' if not though. Fully deserved. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sm1 said:

One of the most unique players around and completely unpredictable. Very clumsy today, but could have the ball control of Messi the next time he plays. Literally nobody knows what Nacho turns up one game to the next.

Can be sublime or Sunday League, at least it keeps the opposition guessing:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Something really seems off about him at the moment. Doesn't look interested half the time, almost like he would rather be playing somewhere else. Says it all that he didn't get his move away from the club, and is currently playing like a Championship player. Daka must be suddenly fancying his chances.

It's called 'running your contract down'. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His first touch is horrific. Most of Norwich's best chances come through him losing the ball.

I assume he is overthinking everything. All the plaudits I have heard around Nacho have mentioned that to get the best out of him the team and the system have to largely be built around him. He has to work hard and differently with Enzoball, and he is struggling. I'm struggling to see where we go from here to be honest, because he isn't 'it'.

I like Nacho, but bizarrely he reminds me of Heskey, in that he turns up about 1 in 4 games.  Was close to shocking last night. Too slow, too pedestrian in everything. Touch like a brick wall. Mentally slow. Got caught out time and time again. Even his penalty was shite, but it went in thankfully. I hope he sorts himself out because Enzo will not build the team around his needs. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I like Nacho, but bizarrely he reminds me of Heskey, in that he turns up about 1 in 4 games.  Was close to shocking last night. Too slow, too pedestrian in everything. Touch like a brick wall. Mentally slow. Got caught out time and time again. Even his penalty was shite, but it went in thankfully. I hope he sorts himself out because Enzo will not build the team around his needs. 

He is so frustrating as he has the skills, but shows them too infrequently - is he not running fully engaged as his contract is nearly up?   :dunno:  

Enigma

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I've never been so sure that we were going to miss a penalty than I was last night. The way he was playing, the way he was standing over it, I was 100% convinced he was missing. 

...same here, as soon as the penalty was awarded I realised that Vardy was not on the pitch!!!

With the way he has been playing you knew he was not going to score!!  I was so relieved it went in and hoping no one had encroached as he couldn't do it again.

• Like 1