Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

7 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

The good and the bad of Iheanacho.

Despite playing less than half of the available minutes he has

The highest xG of any Leicester Player this season

The Most Miscontrols of any Leicester player this season

Doesn't surprise me, typical Nacho.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Still gets moaned about constantly but still has 5 goals and joint top scorer. Was very good today especially 2nd half

I was very critical of him in the early games because he was way way off what was needed - and i mean way off. A few of us who were critical consistently said we wanted it to work out.  It's great to see goals in the last few games and he has looked a lot more confident (that run for the 3rd goal against PNE was fabulous). Maybe he only needed a small % different in understanding for it to click a little more. Im still concerned he plays very deep in this system at at times, but because of where we are we can trust that its  either an Enzo tactic or if not something he will look to resolve. And there is still that contract issue to resolve.....

• Like 2

Thought it was important he got a goal in open play so fair play he delivered. That was a textbook good Nacho performance. Interestingly spent a lot of the game in almost a 10 position coming deep and leaving the wingers and 8s ahead of him. It’s probably the role he’s most suited to as he doesn’t have the pace to play off the last man. Very good game he now needs to replicate again and again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

You mean THIS turn and through ball? :ph34r:

giphy.gif

Nacho has definitely found his form in the last few games, and has been playing great.

Tried it against Norwich so many times but don't think conditions helped. 

He's an interesting player because when he gets it right, it's absolutely perfect, like the above. But when it goes wrong it'll be costly against better teams. But for the way we set up and how we play, it's the reason it looks so good when it does come off. Beautiful to watch. 

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Interesting that Nacho and Vardy both found goals hard to come by at the start of the season.

Vardy failed to score in the first 5 league games, Nacho in the first 6.

Since Vardy's first goal he has 4 in 6 and Nacho has 4 in 5. 

Wonder if it's confidence or just them and the team coming to term with the system.

Interesting statistic, I'd be inclined to go with the team coming to terms with the system as I can't imagine Vardy lacking confidence.

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

You mean THIS turn and through ball? :ph34r:

giphy.gif

Nacho has definitely found his form in the last few games, and has been playing great.

Can't stop watching it. It's so good to have a team that play possession footy, but aren't afraid to turn on the afterburners and counter with pace like the "good old days". Anyone who can't tell the difference between this and Rodgersball at this point is maybe watching the wrong sport.

Though can we really call it a counter if we've already had the ball for 5 minutes at that point? lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

where are we with nacho's contract?  Surely the club should sort wilf and nacho out asap.

Well they’ll probably both have Premier League offers. So there would be no point in them rushing to sign with us until they’re sure what league we’re playing in next season. There’s still work to do on that despite some thinking we’ve already won the league 

• Like 4

Not a great day at the office today. Should have scored today, and frustration and petulance in the form of applauding the (appalling) referee earned him a needless yellow. Work rate was off tonight as well, though I am saying this about him a lot this season despite his goals.

Didn't exactly make a statement for first choice striker tonight. Question I'm asking you all is, does Kelechi want out?

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 09:29, Jobyfox said:

Well they’ll probably both have Premier League offers. So there would be no point in them rushing to sign with us until they’re sure what league we’re playing in next season. There’s still work to do on that despite some thinking we’ve already won the league 

So offer them a new contract with a break clause if we are not promoted

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Sly said:

That's a pundits fanatical fan, passing thought, on solving his own needs.. 

The only way Nacho would want to leave.. 

# if he decides on one more challenge

# Enzo is clear Tha Nacho would no longer be useful to squads needs. 

# He is no longer holding that position

Between first choice/auto-rotation/

/ alternative replacement from bench

# club pushes him out of door.. 

#Despite all rumours/clickbaiting,

I believe Nacho & Ndidi, wanted

to stay from the start & see what the

new manager & club Aspirations   

would bring.. 

# Unless a real big club came in

with  offers, they wouldnt take a

serious  look. I doubt sideways