Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

That's a pundits fanatical fan, passing thought, on solving his own needs.. 

The only way Nacho would want to leave.. 

# if he decides on one more challenge

# Enzo is clear Tha Nacho would no longer be useful to squads needs. 

# He is no longer holding that position

Between first choice/auto-rotation/

/ alternative replacement from bench

# club pushes him out of door.. 

#Despite all rumours/clickbaiting,

I believe Nacho & Ndidi, wanted

to stay from the start & see what the

new manager & club Aspirations   

would bring.. 

# Unless a real big club came in

with  offers, they wouldnt take a

serious  look. I doubt sideways

Like Forest, W. Ham, are not on

the agenda.. 

there's another reason, he's out of contract and has made it clear he won't sign or wants more than we are prepared to pay so we sell

Guest nathan.
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

there's another reason, he's out of contract and has made it clear he won't sign or wants more than we are prepared to pay so we sell

Thank **** for that.

Hes the most overrated striker we have ever had.

Get rid. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I doubt very much that he would agree to a sale when free agency will bring him a much bigger payday.  We needed to sell in the Summer !!

Let's be honest....... he really hasn't been very good in the Championship but some club will give him a big payday   !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I doubt very much that he would agree to a sale when free agency will bring him a much bigger payday.  We needed to sell in the Summer !!

Let's be honest....... he really hasn't been very good in the Championship but some club will give him a big payday   !!!

I reckon he feels more a part of the squad this season,

than even the FA.cup season.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon he feels more a part of the squad this season,

than even the FA.cup season.

I agree that Maresca has included him more but truthfully he has struggled to shine. ... He appears to be running down his contract with the option of picking up a tasty signing bonus or he would have renewed by now.  LCFC need to start playing hardball with players who are running down their contracts. I would have liked to have sold Nacho & Ndidi if they aren't going to sign but they are now in the drivers seat and the club can only watch & wait.

30 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I agree that Maresca has included him more but truthfully he has struggled to shine. ... He appears to be running down his contract with the option of picking up a tasty signing bonus or he would have renewed by now.  LCFC need to start playing hardball with players who are running down their contracts. I would have liked to have sold Nacho & Ndidi if they aren't going to sign but they are now in the drivers seat and the club can only watch & wait.

Agree about the contract situation but the situation now is very unique and not the same as what happened with the likes of Youri. 

I'd take the hit with Nacho because the goals will be worth more than the money. Going forward though I'm sure the club has learned a hell of a lot of lessons after Soyuncu and Tielemans.

38 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Maybe they are. The last batch of deals handed out put Maddison, Youri and others way over what a club our size should be paying. Given that neither Wilf nor Nacho has signed a deal yet, surely that's us playing hardball? But we're hardly likely to be keeping players like that out in the cold when our clear aim is to get back up first time.

Hasn't Wanya got a similar contract situation and he's even gone behind Daka in the pecking order.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

One doesn't rush out to sign a contract to please the fans perspective of right/wrong time.. In football you can't play hardball around contracts, Nacho is not a 20 yr old trying to establish himself... NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL, With all balls in his favour.. & presently a club manager that utilizes him, better than at any stage of his career... 

Indifferent form is not yet a major worry, he has progressed in his last games... but this theme will be visited next summer with new cards on the table.. 

He is such a frustrating player while still being very likeable. 

If he had a right foot and first touch that wasn’t like a pinball bumper then he wouldn’t have even signed for us to start with.  

I have grown to appreciate and enjoy our style of football but his first touch is too bad for what is asked of him, more times than not he will send it back into an area where the opposition are. 

• Like 2

If we are going to sign someone to replace him I'd happily cash in on anything we can get in January. Assuming Daka leaves as well, I don't want to rely on Cannon to hit the ground running. 

Hopefully we are scouting Europe for a talented striker who we can bed in this season ahead of hopefully being the main man next. 

Struggled a lot this season this but it's started to pick up a bit for him. Sad to say but he's just so far ahead of Vardy now in terms of what he offers to the team and whilst the rotation has been fair enough because of said form, Iheanacho should be the clear first choice.

14 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

He is such a frustrating player while still being very likeable. 

If he had a right foot and first touch that wasn’t like a pinball bumper then he wouldn’t have even signed for us to start with.  

I have grown to appreciate and enjoy our style of football but his first touch is too bad for what is asked of him, more times than not he will send it back into an area where the opposition are. 

Vardy guilty of this too in the Leeds match. The attackers coming deep to play one pass touches in the Leeds game felt like an unwelcome addition to our system. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

One doesn't rush out to sign a contract to please the fans perspective of right/wrong time.. In football you can't play hardball around contracts, Nacho is not a 20 yr old trying to establish himself... NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL, With all balls in his favour.. & presently a club manager that utilizes him, better than at any stage of his career... 

Indifferent form is not yet a major worry, he has progressed in his last games... but this theme will be visited next summer with new cards on the table.. 

He is 27 years old & we think he is starting to progress. We have been waiting for him to progress since 2017 but he is poor even at the Championship level. The talk here at FT was that he was going to rip it up at this level but that just hasn't happened.

If a player hasn't signed going into his last season then he needs to be sold. We cannot carry on leaving money on the table as players walk away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Looking at it from the players point of view he's doing exactly the right thing surely. 

Wait to see where Leicester City are at the end of the season. If promoted, see what the plans would be for him as a player and what wages on a new contract would look like. Compare that to the status he'd be offered at another club, their standing and prospects in whatever league or even country they're in and the financial package offered there. 

At the end of the day it's his job, he's not a supporter, I'd do exactly the same. It's not as if he owes the club anything having worked under Rodgers and his mysterious ways.

You are correct. Supposedly told lower PL clubs wasn't really that interested in joining them this summer . 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Never been bothered if he was sold.

Biggest issue is he will be terrible for a run of games, his eyes drop and he starts to look like he isn't bothered. Then he improves a bit and we all think the issue is solved and he gradually regresses. It's happened this season again. The inconsistency is mind boggling, and i'm genuinely concerned he wont get better the closer he gets to end of contract.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He is 27 years old & we think he is starting to progress. We have been waiting for him to progress since 2017 but he is poor even at the Championship level. The talk here at FT was that he was going to rip it up at this level but that just hasn't happened.

If a player hasn't signed going into his last season then he needs to be sold. We cannot carry on leaving money on the table as players walk away.

...no one is going to be ripping anything up for us in this league, the system dictates this!!!

All our goals have been spread around, if we had a manager who played in a conventional way (not a possession-based game) then you would find certain players would be in a position to exploit the chances that are created. The forwards are dropping deep to touch the ball, they are not where they conventionally should be, playing Vardy on the shoulder in a non-Maresca team would be such a weapon, as would having Nacho on the edge of the box curling balls into the keeper's right-hand post. But they are part of a carefully crafted system which works for the team as a whole and not for a particular individual.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Biggest issue is he will be terrible for a run of games, his eyes drop and he starts to look like he isn't bothered. Then he improves a bit and we all think the issue is solved and he gradually regresses. It's happened this season again. The inconsistency is mind boggling, and i'm genuinely concerned he wont get better the closer he gets to end of contract.

He is very inconsistent which is why I've never been bothered about him. Still not bothered if he goes now. His good goalscoring return came in empty stadiums when Bamford and Calvert-Lewin got 15+ goals as well.

Edited by Fox92

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He is very inconsistent which is why I've never been bothered about him. Still not bothered if he goes now. His good goalscoring return came in empty stadiums when Bamford and Calvert-Lewin got 15+ goals as well.

I'm not bothered at all if he leaves !! The only thing that bothers me is that we are not going to get any money back for him.  Nacho doesn't look comfortable playing the "Enzo System" so good luck to him with a new club.