Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

48 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm not bothered at all if he leaves !! The only thing that bothers me is that we are not going to get any money back for him.  Nacho doesn't look comfortable playing the "Enzo System" so good luck to him with a new club.

...the thing is, he should do it, it is right up his street!!!

He sees himself as a #10 and is being asked to play a false 9, it suits both his strengths as an attacker and someone looking to link or play off others. Whatever Maresca is telling him, he is either not taking it on board or has been left for him to decide as circumstances dictate on the pitch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He is 27 years old & we think he is starting to progress. We have been waiting for him to progress since 2017 but he is poor even at the Championship level. The talk here at FT was that he was going to rip it up at this level but that just hasn't happened.

If a player hasn't signed going into his last season then he needs to be sold. We cannot carry on leaving money on the table as players walk away.

Wishfull thinking maybe from my side.

He has after a lame start, started to show some progress and getting himself into the system. 
Contracts one can  discuss nearer the appropriate  2 times in the season,before either he or club need to decide.  We have 10-12 games to navigate,that a major pile of shit still to get through to see if he now is/stays frustrating soul of inconsistency or that Ripping up the league hero….

A couple of seasons ago, I put down his LCFC career, has a failed quality striker potential,who couldn’t hit the hights or technical consistency needed for himself & club. Since that FA cup season, still wary,I softened towards him,believing his star was finding his way to shine…

Not disagreeing with you,but more a less a stay of execution,because there are no

transfer thoughts needs upto end of January & the then & now situation could change…

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

There's always a bunch of idiots waiting in the wing to put down iheanacho. Iheanacho has a goal every 120 minutes this season and an assist on top of that. That's more than good enough.

What happened to all the people crying saying we missed out on Joel Piroe? He is on a goal every 252 minutes currently and ghosted in our game against leeds. Maybe signing a player of Iheanacho's quality isnt as easy as everyone thinks it is.

...Same punters who were prepared to drive 'agent' Wilf to Forest as he was so awful and play Casadei (who'd they'd never seen) instead. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

...Same punters who were prepared to drive 'agent' Wilf to Forest as he was so awful and play Casadei (who'd they'd never seen) instead. 

I'd pick Wilf over Casadei every day of the week now but; You can hardly blame 'punters' for wanting to see Ndidi moved on at the start of the season!

He was beyond awful for the previous two years. As in really really bad.

His improvement has been great to see though, even looking past the fact that he's playing at a much lower standard now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

I'd pick Wilf over Casadei every day of the week now but; You can hardly blame 'punters' for wanting to see Ndidi moved on at the start of the season!

He was beyond awful for the previous two years. As in really really bad.

His improvement has been great to see though, even looking past the fact that he's playing at a much lower standard now.

I'm taking the thread off on a wilf tangent, but Wilf had earned both some slack and some respect. He was afforded neither but a good section of this forum...and bringing it full circle to Kels, he too has enough credit in the bank yet too many on here simply ignore and can't wait to have a pop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Don’t get the negative stuff about him, how many chances has he actually missed. It sounds daft but the way we set up it’s making our strikers look poor. 

This again. It's not all about chances being created. Strikers need to make goals themselves too. The best strikers don't just stand and wait for a chance to be created. Look at the likes of Harry Kane and how much he gets involved in creating or starting a move first before finishing it off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This again. It's not all about chances being created. Strikers need to make goals themselves too. The best strikers don't just stand and wait for a chance to be created. Look at the likes of Harry Kane and how much he gets involved in creating or starting a move first before finishing it off.

Yes I get what your saying but he’s probably the best in the world. In this team we don’t set up like that, Vardy dropping just in front of the center half’s is never going to work like against Leeds. Then Nacho came on and did the same. 

19 hours ago, honeybradger said:

There's always a bunch of idiots waiting in the wing to put down iheanacho. Iheanacho has a goal every 120 minutes this season and an assist on top of that. That's more than good enough.

What happened to all the people crying saying we missed out on Joel Piroe? He is on a goal every 252 minutes currently and ghosted in our game against leeds. Maybe signing a player of Iheanacho's quality isnt as easy as everyone thinks it is.

I hope I’m not an “idiot” for suggesting that a PL paid striker who is in his peak should have similar numbers for a team that’s won 13/15.

Even Kelechi’s biggest fans surely would give a balanced view of his overall performance as 7/10 at best this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I hope I’m not an “idiot” for suggesting that a PL paid striker who is in his peak should have similar numbers for a team that’s won 13/15.

Even Kelechi’s biggest fans surely would give a balanced view of his overall performance as 7/10 at best this season.

Anyone who thinks he's been great this season is living in cuckoo land but so is anyone who thinks he's not good enough for this level (that's a really embarrassing take).

Started the season well below par but has shown signs that he's getting better. Same goals and assists as Vardy but in 200 mins less. Think Enzo had been fair to rotate the 2 of them because of form but Iheanacho is now a lot better than Vardy so it should be Kel starting, Vardy off the bench for a good run of games until form is bad or fixtures pile up.

Interestingly, we down in 8th or something in terms of shots taken so it's not like either striker has been missing tonnes of chances but Iheanacho is so much better at linking the play (even if that's been sloppy at times).

7/10 is probably about right although I'd say Vs his ability it's been more like a 5.5/10

• Like 1