Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I’m fed up of him. Doesn’t look bothered, no work rate, poor first touch most of the time and yet again missed good chances.

But continues to be backed by the claims “we don’t create chances for him”. It’s rubbish. He’s rubbish. Get rid.

He didn’t “miss” them - one was only denied by a stellar save and the other came off the bar. No one else in blue (sans Vestergaard) even came close.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

He didn’t “miss” them - one was only denied by a stellar save and the other came off the bar. No one else in blue (sans Vestergaard) even came close.

He was very poor today, showed zero appetite for the fight and that is more concerning than anything else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

He was being man-marked all game, so I wonder if that was a way of making it awkward for the person marking him and pulling boro out of shape. 

I think that’s most likely the game-plan. However, unless you have other players running behind the defense (particularly into the areas vacated by the pursuing CBs.defenders), it can become an ineffective (even constraining) tactic. 

Just now, Charl91 said:

He was being man-marked all game, so I wonder if that was a way of making it awkward for the person marking him and pulling boro out of shape. 

He has done that for years. When he can't get a touch he'll go as far back as it takes to get one. This is not new and I wouldn't call it a tactic either.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He was very poor today, showed zero appetite for the fight and that is more concerning than anything else.

I think it’s probably his personality, but he’s just too nonchalant. The first chance he had where he just flicked out at the ball and the keeper had the chance to save it…..a clinical striker would have smashed that fooker home and given the keeper zero chance.

He plays in a very laid back way, does Kelechi. There’s such little urgency in his performances 

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He has done that for years. When he can't get a touch he'll go as far back as it takes to get one. This is not new and I wouldn't call it a tactic either.

He’s not your “typical” centre-forward and has always often moved around just to get a hold of the ball - with varying degrees of success. Nonetheless, it is a “tactic” when the coach elects to utilize specific skills or tendencies of individual players to prosecute the game plan.

Edited by NaijaFox

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think it’s probably his personality, but he’s just too nonchalant. The first chance he had where he just flicked out at the ball and the keeper had the chance to save it…..a clinical striker would have smashed that fooker home and given the keeper zero chance.

He plays in a very laid back way, does Kelechi. There’s such little urgency in his performances 

Yes and he will thereby look indifferent compared to others, which is not a good look

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Not talking of “on target” or “off target” and all sorts of new-fangled stats. lol

On and off target shots are new fangled stats? Dude I know you want to defend him because he's also Nigerian but he was god awful today, did not show up at all. And that's a common theme with his game and shows why he never made it at Man City and why, much as Rodgers was a bellend with petty vendettas against anyone who's face didn't fit, he didn't make first choice under three managers in the PL (Shakey, Puel and Rodgers)

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

More excuses. Should have buried the one that hit the woodwork.

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

At this point I hope he's gone in January, was convinced he would come good but he just can't be bothered. It's difficult for our strikers to get clear chances given how we play but even when he's not getting chances he doesn't even seem willing to run, on multiple occasions today I saw him standing in a position where if he took a couple of steps forward he would cut one of Boros passing lanes, but he just didn't care enough to do it, low and behold they pass in that lane multiple times and he just walked/jogged around watching it. 
He needs a fresh environment and we need his wages off the books for a replacement. Love Nacho but the step down should have made him shine, if he continues like this it will be a very sour ending. 

...wouldn't all this come down to Maresca!!!

If you have a player putting in that sort of a performance you are surely going to hook him before half time. Has Maresca gone too soft I believe he was running a tight ship and if you are not "toeing the line", you are out of the team? Madivadua was banished to the U21s (for something that was said, done or not done) and is looking to find his way back, but if you do it for one, you have to do it for all.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

On and off target shots are new fangled stats? Dude I know you want to defend him because he's also Nigerian but he was god awful today, did not show up at all. And that's a common theme with his game and shows why he never made it at Man City and why, much as Rodgers was a bellend with petty vendettas against anyone who's face didn't fit, he didn't make first choice under three managers in the PL (Shakey, Puel and Rodgers)

He didn’t make first choice under three managers simply because of a LEGEND called Vardy. Let’s quit making up “new-fangled” reality. lol

BTW, I am NOT “also Nigerian”. Granted I was resident in Lagos when I joined FT, but even if I was it’s not mutually exclusive with stating factual opinions. 

Edited by NaijaFox