Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I love him, but he was awful on Saturday. 

My only defence is that he’s at his best when he has a good run in the team. He won’t be at his sharpest, when he’s on constant rotation with Vardy. 

In  last few games, Vardy has been anonymous and Kelechi has been garbage. 

It's not as if he's not playing though. It's generally 60 one game, 30 the next etc, so he's consistently in the side and on the pitch 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I love him, but he was awful on Saturday. 

My only defence is that he’s at his best when he has a good run in the team. He won’t be at his sharpest, when he’s on constant rotation with Vardy. 

In  last few games, Vardy has been anonymous and Kelechi has been garbage. 

After a small purple patch (of goals at least), both strikers have been poor. They just aren't creating enough trouble in the final 3rd and have proved pretty easy to defend again. Doesn't help that KDH has been poor as well and snatches at chances and that movement from the middle isn't remotely fluid. 

We can only presume Canon isn't ready yet (kid coming back from Injury - they will have to manage that well). But we need a different option to KDH/Vardy/Nacho right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

After a small purple patch (of goals at least), both strikers have been poor. They just aren't creating enough trouble in the final 3rd and have proved pretty easy to defend again. Doesn't help that KDH has been poor as well and snatches at chances and that movement from the middle isn't remotely fluid. 

We can only presume Canon isn't ready yet (kid coming back from Injury - they will have to manage that well). But we need a different option to KDH/Vardy/Nacho right now.

Disagree on KdH, he's had a good season so far. During a game not all things run smoothly, but he is doing more than alright... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Very intrigued to see Cannon in action. He was apparently very much Maresca's choice, so presumably Enzo thinks Cannon will fit well into our style of play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Disagree on KdH, he's had a good season so far. During a game not all things run smoothly, but he is doing more than alright... 

It's a harsh assessment, but i stand by it for a few reasons.

We play with a (inverted) back 5 and Winks plays (brilliantly) a recycling role.  Winks isn't a goals and assist machine. It's a defensive system that has left us with the best goal difference in the league. Our attacking threat is the issue, and KDH isn't skillful enough to be a consistent threat. His energy is his best asset, and 1 in x chances to lead to opportunities, but he's not consistent enough to be a significant threat, and I think teams are now banking on him not being productive enough so they can double up on the wingers easier.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Very intrigued to see Cannon in action. He was apparently very much Maresca's choice, so presumably Enzo thinks Cannon will fit well into our style of play.

Really intriguing how he'll fit in, whether he'll press more or so on. 

Just concerned about our finishing currently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It's a harsh assessment, but i stand by it for a few reasons.

We play with a (inverted) back 5 and Winks plays (brilliantly) a recycling role.  Winks isn't a goals and assist machine. It's a defensive system that has left us with the best goal difference in the league. Our attacking threat is the issue, and KDH isn't skillful enough to be a consistent threat. His energy is his best asset, and 1 in x chances to lead to opportunities, but he's not consistent enough to be a significant threat, and I think teams are now banking on him not being productive enough so they can double up on the wingers easier.

We will see.... 

KdH least of the small problems that occasionally need a tweak. 

We lose 2 games, everybody has to be dropped and we bring in the Academy. 

AND will expect that Agun, Praet even Ndidi will solve, all problems like a magic wand.. 

How about, just keeping to our players, that have created this seasons success so far.. Or is that beyond comprehension, Players will have off moments, even during their great games.. 

But so far this weekend it seems outside some balanced critics, a few are ready to do a Rodgers & throw players under the bus.. RIP UP the blue print of where Enzo has layed a base.. 

I don't have the foggiest how his season will pan out.. But Enzo and 96% of the playes have earnt the right to make the next  play, and show they can stand up to & carry the odd inconsistencies of unwarranted results. 

Upto Xmas & through the festive season, will show who has the bagging rights, where ( finances permiting) we need immediate investment. 

Many on here suddenly after 15 games, are not trusting Enzo all round decision making, and ready to dump on players who have gave us our success so far.. 

On 13/11/2023 at 10:12, Chelmofox said:

They're not creating 'enough trouble' in the final third because quite a bit of the time they're not even in it! Under orders, I feel sure, they've been dropping very deep and certainly far more so and for longer than at any other period of their careers with us. This isn't coincidence. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s just so late in the day now. They are obviously going to sit tight and see if a big offer comes to them in january. if they agree something with us now, i’d be worried by how much we’d have to be offering them. 

Absolutely, they'd be mugs not to wait until the end of the season to see where both Leicester City are division wise and what alternatives are on the table.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s just so late in the day now. They are obviously going to sit tight and see if a big offer comes to them in january. if they agree something with us now, i’d be worried by how much we’d have to be offering them. 

The disinterested way that Nacho has been playing these last few weeks, I think he already has offers. He certainly isn't playing like he's trying to impress for a new contract.

6 hours ago, sm1 said:

The disinterested way that Nacho has been playing these last few weeks, I think he already has offers. He certainly isn't playing like he's trying to impress for a new contract.

I prefer to believe Yes having or in that poor "strike" & "ghost" form.he has shown throughput  bis career. I don t believe he is disinterested,or thinking about greenerfields

Nacho is Nacho...he s like your Mrs/ or bestmate, ...Headaches or dont turn up,just when you. might Need them to Smooth out "your" present problems.Then  other times come through..:P

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I prefer to believe Yes having or in that poor "strike" & "ghost" form.he has shown throughput  bis career. I don t believe he is disinterested,or thinking about greenerfields

Nacho is Nacho...he s like your Mrs/ or bestmate, ...Headaches or dont turn up,just when you. might Need them to Smooth out "your" present problems.Then  other times come through..:P

Yeah, but my Mrs and Mate don't get paid 80k a week. 

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...