Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

….my work here is done…..

lol

I know they’re not mutually exclusive and I have been very vocal about Jannik next season (still am to a very large extent).

BUT I think I’d actually be more annoyed at the club offering Kelechi a new contract at this moment in time.

He has been below average at best.

• Like 1

Is he going to become an undesirable.. 

From the fans view point, Tha Enzo insists on keep playing & not introducing Cannon ever..!! 

Nor look a a reshuffle when subbing Vardy.. Mcateer could move there on occasions.. 

Front 6..

Agun Winks  KdH

Fatawu.                 Mavdidi

Mcateer   

25 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Nacho seems to be just going through the motions, not good enough.

...does it not make you wonder why a manager such as Maresca, continue to accept these performances and do nothing about it!!!

No instruction in games, not dragging him off before half time, you have got to ask the question if Maresca is OK with what he is seeing. There is not a shortage of strikers and Madivadua was banished pretty quickly for some kind of transgression, why is he not as quick to address Nacho's performances.

I am a big Nacho fan, I always believed that when he is the focal point in the team he becomes very self-conscious and he thinks too much about what he is doing than letting his skill come naturally. 

After all this time he is not going to change, we either adjust to what he gives us,  or we let him move on to a club, that is prepared to give him the freedom to be himself.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...does it not make you wonder why a manager such as Maresca, continue to accept these performances and do nothing about it!!!

No instruction in games, not dragging him off before half time, you have got to ask the question if Maresca is OK with what he is seeing. There is not a shortage of strikers and Madivadua was banished pretty quickly for some kind of transgression, why is he not as quick to address Nacho's performances.

I am a big Nacho fan, I always believed that when he is the focal point in the team he becomes very self-conscious and he thinks too much about what he is doing than letting his skill come naturally. 

After all this time he is not going to change, we either adjust to what he gives us,  or we let him move on to a club, that is prepared to give him the freedom to be himself.

Bear in mind that Daka isn't going to get a proper look in and has to be off in January, Cannon is a kid who has just returned from a back injury, and Vardy will be 37 years old in January. Madivadua isn't a potential number 9 replacement. 

Being hooked off at 55 minutes sends a HUGE message to him in my opinion. Especially as the goals came from his replacement (and that replacement skied 2 premium chances over the bar). 

I think right now Nacho is being used out of necessity, and no more.  Enzo has probably worked out the guy can't be coached but can operate that holding style role (with significant deficiencies) when needed. He was used yesterday to play first half chess ball, and presume he expected little else from him. Think the plan yesterday was for Vardy and Fatawu to create havok. It worked.

This club now needs a life beyond Nacho. Its all a got a bit silly with all the what he needs on a plate (a strike partner, a run of game, a bit of confidence) to put in an acceptable performance. Its clear he isn't the key to promotion, which many thought he would be. Its time in January to start thinking what life with Canon,  and Daka's replacement might look like. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Bear in mind that Daka isn't going to get a proper look in and has to be off in January, Cannon is a kid who has just returned from a back injury, and Vardy will be 37 years old in January. Madivadua isn't a potential number 9 replacement. 

...I  might have failed to accurately conveyed what I was trying to say in this instance, but I was not putting forward Madivadua as a possible #9 option!!!

I mentioned Madivadua as someone Maresca was quick to take to task, taking no prisoners, you might say.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

TO me, he's proved he can work in the system, and work the system.. He has made some transitions & moves, then the next time he has 2 left feet, or 2 major issues doesnt  push himself to barge around making the ball his, or just let's a good move, fizzle out because he doesn't make his presence felt..Then his conversion rate on clear cut, unadulterated, gilt opportuities, 

1) he's not aware of.. & 

2) he's struggling to find the net

Maybe it will click again &  he scores

8-9 goals in 8-11 matches... 

It's his long periods of just not coming to the party, that fails him.. 

Maybe if others were scoring from his spaces created, we the fans might take a softer approach

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

TO me, he's proved he can work in the system, and work the system.. He has made some transitions & moves, then the next time he has 2 left feet, or 2 major issues doesnt  push himself to barge around making the ball his, or just let's a good move, fizzle out because he doesn't make his presence felt..Then his conversion rate on clear cut, unadulterated, gilt opportuities, 

1) he's not aware of.. & 

2) he's struggling to find the net

Maybe it will click again &  he scores

8-9 goals in 8-11 matches... 

It's his long periods of just not coming to the party, that fails him.. 

Maybe if others were scoring from his spaces created, we the fans might take a softer approach

Not with Kelechi’s current performances.

Say if others did start scoring, very little of that right now is down to Kelechi’s positive involvement.

It’s ok for us to admit that he has had some valuable purple patches but similar to someone like Rashford (one good season in three) that his overall time here has been a disappointment considering his potential.

Natcho too often seeks the ball in midfield and even closer to home which for a striker with the first touch of a sledge hammer and pace of a speeding walrus doesn't seem to be the best tactic. You have to assume he is under instruction as it just makes him look dumb. And why does he never compete for the high ball punt, as in never.

I really don't think Natcho is the answer to our question of why has the midfield has dominated scoring for the last 3 seasons.

It’s a bit of a mystery with Ian. When on form he’s the most instinctive finisher in the squad. He has brief runs where his touch is sublime - then long runs of nothing. 

I was very much in the “keep” camp because I thought he’d excel at this level. Is he just out of form, can’t play in the current system, can’t be arsed or just not good enough? 

The truth is that we all want and hope to go up at the end of this season. If he’s not contributing anything at this level we probably know he’s not what we need at the next. Him moving on seems like the best outcome for all concerned currently. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think he’s been a very good player for us over the years overall, and can never forget his performances in the FA Cup quarter and semi finals, but he is having an underwhelming season for sure. Just hope he can hit a real run of form at some point.

Just now, Corky said:

As a footballer with touch, hold up and link play he is our best striker. But you look at the impact Vardy had yesterday and you know he needs to do more. Played way too deep for some reason.

So many excuses for someone that  has become a seriously ineffectual player, despite some past glories, can now we not just say he is no longer good enough and that he needs to go? He gets off so lightly compared to others it amazes me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

As a footballer with touch, hold up and link play he is our best striker. But you look at the impact Vardy had yesterday and you know he needs to do more. Played way too deep for some reason.

Touch? His first touch when he could have gone through yesterday was like an Owen Farrell penalty.