Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

58 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Not with Kelechi’s current performances.

Say if others did start scoring, very little of that right now is down to Kelechi’s positive involvement.

It’s ok for us to admit that he has had some valuable purple patches but similar to someone like Rashford (one good season in three) that his overall time here has been a disappointment considering his potential.

I did say maybe... 

Nice guy, but IMO time to let loose, 

We will be keeping Vardy, so also the time to bring in the youngsters... 

Cannon, Mcateer, any other who might come through.. Academy/transfer

• Like 1

I've been saying it for ages, he's just not that good. If he doesn't score he contributes so little to the game. Always appears to slow to react to a pass, often looks like he couldn't trap a bag of sand, and the number of times he loses the ball at his feet due to slowness of thought or skill is unreal.

Edited by v6rat
  • Like 3

Think he could leave in January. Doesn't look interested, or willing to put in the hard yards that you would see from the likes of KDH and Vardy. Will always be remembered for that purple patch that spearheaded our winning FA Cup campaign. But that's about it.

Time to give Cannon that chance and recoup some money for Nacho. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we have hung onto Kelechi this long, when clearly, he was never very good at all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Touch? His first touch when he could have gone through yesterday was like an Owen Farrell penalty.

You mean when he was pulled back? Granted he probably still could have done a better job with the touch but that's obviously going to make it hard when running at full pace.

He's been massively disappointing this season but as always with certain players, it's blown out of proportion on here. Watched the highlights again and I think he's involved in literally every single one before he was subbed off. Vardy scored 2 (a pen and a tap in) but missed 2 absolute sitters, worse than any Iheanacho has missed this season (who has obviously missed some guilt edge chances).

No question that he needs to step it before he goes away in Jan.

1 hour ago, ForestAreMagic said:

I wonder if your lovely friends from up the A46 might have a punt on him again in January.  Awoniyi is injured again and presumably Iheanacho might be quite cheap if his contract’s nearly up?

of course we might be swapping divisions but if he gets an escape clause that could work 

You will be safe - wouldn't worry. But if you are willing to through 10 mil our way we wouldn't say no.

15 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

You mean when he was pulled back? Granted he probably still could have done a better job with the touch but that's obviously going to make it hard when running at full pace.

He's been massively disappointing this season but as always with certain players, it's blown out of proportion on here. Watched the highlights again and I think he's involved in literally every single one before he was subbed off. Vardy scored 2 (a pen and a tap in) but missed 2 absolute sitters, worse than any Iheanacho has missed this season (who has obviously missed some guilt edge chances).

No question that he needs to step it before he goes away in Jan.

He moves like a tectonic plate

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Was a cracking ball but up to that point he had been absolutely woeful 

Had he? He'd been pretty anonymous and no debate he was very ineffective but that tells you it was the system. Not that it completely excuses him but if he barely touches the ball, as a player who drops deep to pick it up, says a lot about how we were playing. Lovely link up play with Ndidi just before the goal too but nothing much else of note (good or bad). Reckon Vards would have had about 3 touches all game. Maresca has got to look at that when you've got 2 lads who should score for fun at this level

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Had he? He'd been pretty anonymous and no debate he was very ineffective but that tells you it was the system. Not that it completely excuses him but if he barely touches the ball, as a player who drops deep to pick it up, says a lot about how we were playing. Lovely link up play with Ndidi just before the goal too but nothing much else of note (good or bad). Reckon Vards would have had about 3 touches all game. Maresca has got to look at that when you've got 2 lads who should score for fun at this level

I can't see how, say, dropping a wide player (McAteer) and instead playing Vards and Kels, with one having a roving role loosely on the empty wing wouldn't help us. 

Maybe the excellent @StriderHiryu can explain what effect that might have...

Edited by Paninistickers
Wide corrected from 'wife'

Admittedly hasn't hit the heights I expected of him this season, thought he'd obliterate this level but he's worked really hard for the winning goal and slotted the ball through perfectly and we won. He's the only striker we have who can hold the ball up with his back to goal and as a possession team it's essential to have in the main striker.

Also last week first half he kept coming deep, fans sat around me in the ground grumbling and the same names on here also grumbling post match - his coming deep was a tactic to draw the CB's up and have Mavididi come inside into the space - we almost scored from it first half last week. Maybe his languid sloppy style hard to like but his qualities are being overlooked by a few.

• Like 4

He was abysmal today. The pre assist was nothing special - you’d back any professional footballer to make it. Don’t want to sour a fantastic win, but he’s had enough chances and not pulled up any trees. Would be dropped right down the pecking order for me. For a striker who is supposedly our best at linking up play, he doesn’t half lose the ball a lot.

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

He was abysmal today. The pre assist was nothing special - you’d back any professional footballer to make it. Don’t want to sour a fantastic win, but he’s had enough chances and not pulled up any trees. Would be dropped right down the pecking order for me. For a striker who is supposedly our best at linking up play, he doesn’t half lose the ball a lot.

It was a good pass to be fair. Not sure Daka makes that. 

• Haha 1