Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

There is a sort of poor agenda going on here…
Some way OYT reactions..he has in a game indifferent form,including  he can still seem to ghost in some matches

the first 5-15 minutes…I still think he can turn his game around.

Enzo still hasn’t seen fit to Test Cannon,or move Mcateer central..

So long Enzo believes in him and we are winning & not yet losing because of him,plus he turned his man today

moved quickly,realeased quick descisive  ball for KDH that gave us the win…

Some players can be damn average,but have that something tos score,

make a defence splitting pass,or create space for an assist…He’s one of those type of frustrating players…

Whether we see our cracks and areas for improvement,Enzo has still got his players playing for him

and played better than the opposition over 90 minutes and are still top of the league.

Where again a fair % of fans ( not me) thought we were doomed again to drop points…3 biggest balls up today

came again from Mats,through him insisting in using that middle straight pass AGAIN,that suddenly gives opposition

a free press,that turns a comfortable game into near calamity..He’s young and Enzo has got to get him reading the game and

show him wrong moments to use that nonsense ball into the wrong part of the triangle…at the wrong time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Had he? He'd been pretty anonymous and no debate he was very ineffective but that tells you it was the system. Not that it completely excuses him but if he barely touches the ball, as a player who drops deep to pick it up, says a lot about how we were playing. Lovely link up play with Ndidi just before the goal too but nothing much else of note (good or bad). Reckon Vards would have had about 3 touches all game. Maresca has got to look at that when you've got 2 lads who should score for fun at this level

No because Vardy actually runs.

It's the same thing every week from Iheanacho and has been for months now, going back to last season too. Had one good run of goals in empty stadiums.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's the same thing every week from Iheanacho and has been for months now, going back to last season too. Had one good run of goals in empty stadiums.

...doesn't that sound like a confidence issue!!!

That is why as a lone striker the option does not work for him. The fact that you can be so self conscious within a game only highlights how crippling it is to be front and centre, a focal part, of the team. Any balls played up to him, means his thoughts are that he has to make this stick, and what do I  do with it once I have it. This will be before the ball has actually got to his feet. Too much worrying about your game makes the thing that you fear come true. 

None of this excuses a player for not trying, or appearing to not working to support  the team, but this system that we play is not going to be a fit for him, we do not use a #10.

I have said for a few years that he should go and find a team that suits him, I would not be surprised if he signs an extension to stay here, it is the enigma of the man.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This. Against Stoke, Nacho put a huge burst of pace together that was a big part of our final goal, but i've not seen this from him since. Vardy, although not effective as much as we would like, is constantly moving and hustling and trying to find space. I know we changed and became more direct, but Vardy could have had 2 goals within minutes of coming on against Watford. Brain farts largely stopped this, but he was in the right place at the right time and a constant moving threat.  Nacho wasn't able to offer anything like this.

I keep hearing about great 'link up play'. Isn't this just making some passes?

Fair play though - good ball for the last goal although i agree any player in the pitch should have been able to make it. But he did it, so fair enough.

• Like 2

Playing up front on your own is going to be hard for any striker in this system look at Vardy against Sheff Weds, did nothing.

I don't think its the player I think its just the position and Nacho was never a lone striker, always been better slightly behind the main striker.

He still made a contribution to the win though.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

He has never been a prolific goal scoring outside of rare periods and should not be judged solely on that as he is a more complete player, but this season his output on any basis has been poor, and an occasional good pass does not excuse this disappointing output.

Ian is capable of sublime finishing and defence splitting passes. He can be the difference in games with one moment of quality. 

The problem is that it’s often a luxury keeping him on the pitch for the hope of that one moment. He floats around without pace and poor control. 

It’s interesting that his “purple patch” probably came when he was playing with Vardy up front. No manager has tried that since, but he needs to find consistency in the system and contribute those “moments” more frequently. 

The WBA game was, in some ways, a perfect illustration. Not many of us would have blinked if he’d been removed for Vardy or Cannon; but he was there to help contribute to the decisive moment in the game when it mattered 

13 minutes ago, sdb said:

I still like and rate him highly. He needs better service from a system that I still don't quite understand how a CF is meant to thrive on. He should be getting 30 a season at this level but I'm not sure he'll get 30 chances.

He's never shown the consistency to be that prolific. 

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox

I think he is happy and tries but only when he can be arsed. However, when we are under the pump he goes missing.  Even when vardy is not having his best game/ involvement he works his nuts off to get back and defend and press.  I think his attitude stinks at time and if he starts you know within 10 minutes if he will try or not.....I say get rid as I would rather have a team player than a player who chooses when he can be arsed or not. Just an opinion.

Edited by glasgowfox
Grammar

46 minutes ago, sdb said:

Well he certainly did at man City. His goals to minutes ratio was the best in PL history I think.

You mean the statistic that was based on him scoring 12 goals for Man City in 38 games before not scoring again for them in the PL (thanks Wiki).

Whilst impressive, it also has the world beating Adam Le Fondre not far off (also based on 12 goals).

When will we admit that Kelechi has had a purple patch (as others have said when playing with no fans) but in the main has been average (in overall contributions) at best for us.

Whilst it was OTT, when he came on under Puel, the jeers were real throughout the KP.

• Like 1