Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

If He does in the first half,what he has done when chasing games…

Hes still our man,until Enzo finds a better remplacement..

Cannon,Mcateer…or a Vardy/Nacho partnership

With Cannon/Mcateer/Agun/ maybe even Castadei pushed up front as cover..

Our striker problem is Nacho is no threat in behind and is no where near the play when our 8’s break forward. Vardy’s receiving the ball game is really poor and I find he’s also struggling to keep up with our wingers/overlapping 8’s and not there to make those trademark near post runs of his. Both aren’t really suited to Enzo’s system but Nacho just edges it. I’m hoping Cannon has been bought because he has been identified as a striker who will succeed in this system.

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Still love Nacho and all this talk about no effort because he’s seeing out his contract is bollocks. He seemed bothered enough when setting up a goal when injured earlier in the season (can’t remember the exact game) and IMO any present difficulties are down to a lack of confidence rather than wilfully not giving a fvck  

So you’re saying that he has played to his full potential this season though mate?

I’m genuinely curious as someone who thinks Kelechi is overrated on here, believes that he has been below average in more games than not.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

So you’re saying that he has played to his full potential this season though mate?

I’m genuinely curious as someone who thinks Kelechi is overrated on here, believes that he has been below average in more games than not.

I think my post is pretty clear 

I haven’t said he has played to his full potential this season. I’m not sure how you might  read that into my previous post. I don’t think many players do consistently play to their full potential as that’s a pretty high bar 

I don’t think his below par contribution is down to a lack of effort due to complacently seeing out his contract. 

I do think it is due to a lack of confidence. As some others have said I don’t think he is helped by the system 

20 hours ago, sdb said:

I still like and rate him highly. He needs better service from a system that I still don't quite understand how a CF is meant to thrive on. He should be getting 30 a season at this level but I'm not sure he'll get 30 chances.

For iheanacho to score 30 goals this season he would need about 300 chances 

20 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

The way we play we don’t need a 20 goal striker yes it’s nice but the goals are evenly spread throughout the team.

I’d disagree, we won’t go up if we have to score every shot on target we have.

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d disagree, we won’t go up if we have to score every shot on target we have.

...you will probably find the #8s are more likely to pick-up the most goals than the striker!!!

The style of play lends itself to the midfield getting into the box to score. We either tweak the style where the striker does not drop or we bring in a technical player who is as much of a midfielder as an out and out striker.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you will probably find the #8s are more likely to pick-up the most goals than the striker!!!

The style of play lends itself to the midfield getting into the box to score. We either tweak the style where the striker does not drop or we bring in a technical player who is as much of a midfielder as an out and out striker.

I completely get what you are saying and I’ve probably not elaborated on what I meant.

In our current system, I’m not 100% sure we have the number 8s to be scoring us enough goals alone in order to do what we want so we either buy a new striker so we aren’t as reliant on them or get a more attacking CM.

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I completely get what you are saying and I’ve probably not elaborated on what I meant.

In our current system, I’m not 100% sure we have the number 8s to be scoring us enough goals alone in order to do what we want so we either buy a new striker so we aren’t as reliant on them or get a more attacking CM.

Zian Flemming would be ideal for us, scored 15 goals last season for Millwall, this season has 4 goals and 2 assists you would imagine in a far better team his stats would improve significantly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Zian Flemming would be ideal for us, scored 15 goals last season for Millwall, this season has 4 goals and 2 assists you would imagine in a far better team his stats would improve significantly.

...always want to go to YouTube to take a look at players, so I  will take a look later!!!

McAteer has scored as much for us this season as well as  Ndidi, those numbers are not someone pulling up trees.

34 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Can’t say I know anything about him or know whether Millwall even play the way we do so no idea if he would suit etc.

13 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

In this system I would not judge any of the strikers that we have on the books currently.  We need a new guy that’s fits the system. 

Aside from the fact he had the best chances at Middlesbrough the other week and missed them.

How long are people defending underperforming players with "doesn't suit the system". We're top of the league ffs, it's not the system that's the problem.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Aside from the fact he had the best chances at Middlesbrough the other week and missed them.

How long are people defending underperforming players with "doesn't suit the system". We're top of the league ffs, it's not the system that's the problem.

The system is boring 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

We don’t have the money to sign him at the moment, hence the number of loans we’ve done.

We just have to be banging in more goals period. Even before our little slump we were missing 50% of the sitters but cuz we still won handsomely it wasn’t highlighted too much but we all saw it!

wingers or strikers goal conversion is badly needed. The likes of Ipswich & Leeds are excelling in this area.

On 04/12/2023 at 07:17, Mike Oxlong said:

I think my post is pretty clear 

I haven’t said he has played to his full potential this season. I’m not sure how you might  read that into my previous post. I don’t think many players do consistently play to their full potential as that’s a pretty high bar 

I don’t think his below par contribution is down to a lack of effort due to complacently seeing out his contract. 

I do think it is due to a lack of confidence. As some others have said I don’t think he is helped by the system 

Not for Nacho it isn't