Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, Foxmeister said:

I actually think this could be the way forward. Nobody goes to games at all we just get emailed a spreadsheet on Monday morning.

FM 2025 new features - simulated fans and post match generated results and stats spreadsheets - the excitement would be breathtaking! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Dropped tonight, or injured? 

Iheanacho?

“Kelechi has a muscle problem two days ago. We are still waiting to see if it’s something important or a matter of days. But I don’t think he will be able for the next one.

“Not yet (know if it will affect Afcon call-up). It depends on the injury. If it’s an important injury, he has no chance to go. If it’s not important, he can go.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

I can think of few players who have disappointed me as much as Iheanacho, usually we sign players and they fail to live up to the hype, Iheanacho has repaid his fee over the years but has been often mismanaged by the club/managers and was consistently dropped even when he deserved to be playing, so many occasions during the seasons he has been here where he has seen us through some rough patches, during the 20/21 season he was pretty much dragging us single-handedly through some matches, made constant excuses for him because of the mismanagement and constantly being denied a proper run during our downfall, I thought this season would be redemption, 26/27 years old, plenty of years left in him and his chance to really prove himself and score 20-25 goals in a far inferior league, and half of the time he just can't be bothered to even run. 
There really is no excuse for someone of his PROVEN talent at the top level to be putting in the performances he has for much of this season. He had a hot streak in October and has been largely anonymous since, I've run out of excuses for him, 7/10 should be the absolute minimum for him at this level. 

I love his character but he does not look bothered anymore, he's not earning his wages, really sad that it's come to this, I can accept players not living up to their hype and not living up to their fee, but Kelechi has proven he can live up to that fee, when he can be bothered. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Praet is beyond words. Genuinely up there with the likes of Lee Morris and Matty James for unavailability. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he does a Jonny Evans and gets a transfer and all of a sudden is available every week and starts finding a bit of form. He's been a disappointing signing from the start to be fair and when someone is injured as much as he is you question whether it is just bad luck or is he not actually doing enough to get himself fit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he does a Jonny Evans and gets a transfer and all of a sudden is available every week and starts finding a bit of form. He's been a disappointing signing from the start to be fair and when someone is injured as much as he is you question whether it is just bad luck or is he not actually doing enough to get himself fit. 

I also wonder if someone isnt good enough to make the bench, the club reports they injured to save them face.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I also wonder if someone isnt good enough to make the bench, the club reports they injured to save them face.

Possibly or maybe they are looking at getting him a transfer and don't want to risk him getting injured. It would be better for all Involved if we could shift him in Jan, even if its just a small fee, the wages saved would be huge. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I can think of few players who have disappointed me as much as Iheanacho, usually we sign players and they fail to live up to the hype, Iheanacho has repaid his fee over the years but has been often mismanaged by the club/managers and was consistently dropped even when he deserved to be playing, so many occasions during the seasons he has been here where he has seen us through some rough patches, during the 20/21 season he was pretty much dragging us single-handedly through some matches, made constant excuses for him because of the mismanagement and constantly being denied a proper run during our downfall, I thought this season would be redemption, 26/27 years old, plenty of years left in him and his chance to really prove himself and score 20-25 goals in a far inferior league, and half of the time he just can't be bothered to even run. 
There really is no excuse for someone of his PROVEN talent at the top level to be putting in the performances he has for much of this season. He had a hot streak in October and has been largely anonymous since, I've run out of excuses for him, 7/10 should be the absolute minimum for him at this level. 

I love his character but he does not look bothered anymore, he's not earning his wages, really sad that it's come to this, I can accept players not living up to their hype and not living up to their fee, but Kelechi has proven he can live up to that fee, when he can be bothered. 

You can't have summed up my feelings any better. Spot on. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Possibly or maybe they are looking at getting him a transfer and don't want to risk him getting injured. It would be better for all Involved if we could shift him in Jan, even if its just a small fee, the wages saved would be huge. 

You don’t create transfer value for someone by stating that he’s repeatedly injured…

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Two games in, he’s yet to appear. 

Granted the number 9 in front of him in the teams a bit special… much as it has been the case here.

Evidently still injured.

Bit worrying as Iheanacho has been pretty much bullet proof the entire time he's been here.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Evidently still injured.

Bit worrying as Iheanacho has been pretty much bullet proof the entire time he's been here.

Bulletproof in what sense? Not getting injured? Feel like he's had a decent amount of injuries over the years. He was playing pretty decently at the end of last season and then got injured in the Southampton game and missed most/all of the run-in? Could have kept us up!

45 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Bulletproof in what sense? Not getting injured? Feel like he's had a decent amount of injuries over the years. He was playing pretty decently at the end of last season and then got injured in the Southampton game and missed most/all of the run-in? Could have kept us up!

As in injuries.

He got injured in pre-season when we signed him and missed a week or so but up until his injury away at Leeds last season I don't think he'd had many in across the 5-6 seasons.

I'll check.

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/iheanacho-kelechi/dIaES012/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As in injuries.

He got injured in pre-season when we signed him and missed a week or so but up until his injury away at Leeds last season I don't think he'd had many in across the 5-6 seasons.

I'll check.

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/iheanacho-kelechi/dIaES012/

hard to get injured when you’re only selected for 10 games a season tbf 

Edited by Lambert09

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He will be gone in the summer.

Being a free agent will give him massive negotiating power.

We would be stupid to match the offers he will get.

Yes ... He will be gone for sure in the Summer & I think that is best for all concerned. Hopefully we can unearth a gem from somewhere.

• Like 1