Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Back when I used to play you’d strap your boots on at any opportunity. When I was at school I’d play for the school team in the morning and then for Frisby Utd in the afternoon. Always put in 100%.  You play because you love it. Nowadays it just doesn’t seem like that. It’s a shame because Nacho is damned good. He could and should have made a big impact this season, but he has chosen not to bother. Sad. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

Incredibly disappointed in Nacho this season, his seemingly lack of effort has been pointed out by many, however does he play differently for Nigeria? I’ve not watched him play internationally so idk, if he’s been busting a gut for his national team and not us then he deserves all the criticism he gets.

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Incredibly disappointed in Nacho this season, his seemingly lack of effort has been pointed out by many, however does he play differently for Nigeria? I’ve not watched him play internationally so idk, if he’s been busting a gut for his national team and not us then he deserves all the criticism he gets.

Not been playing so I hear. Fall out with Nigeria’s manager. Boy needs to give his head a wobble I think. Just not good enough in terms of effort or motivation at all. 

5 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

How has he let us down? 

By massively underperforming. He should have been tearing this league up. He's let himself and us down. It won't matter to him though as he'll get a nice contract and juicy signing on bonus somewhere.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

By massively underperforming. He should have been tearing this league up. He's let himself and us down. It won't matter to him though as he'll get a nice contract and juicy signing on bonus somewhere.

He’s not had a great season but I wouldn’t say he’s let us down. It’s ok saying he should be tearing it up but it’s easier said than done, you’ll probably find Daka will come back and start for us anyway and who would have thought that a few months ago. I think if it was about money he would have left a while back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He’s not had a great season but I wouldn’t say he’s let us down. It’s ok saying he should be tearing it up but it’s easier said than done, you’ll probably find Daka will come back and start for us anyway and who would have thought that a few months ago. I think if it was about money he would have left a while back. 

I could be wrong but I think he will make more money signing as a free agent ....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I could be wrong but I think he will make more money signing as a free agent ....

You are correct, he’ll get a bigger signing on bonus plus i believe a loyalty bonus from us too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Yeh but like I said he won’t be arsed about the money. Of course if leaves for free he’ll get a signing on fee that’s how it works, be hardly anything if its any of the bottom teams in the prem though.

20 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yeh but like I said he won’t be arsed about the money. Of course if leaves for free he’ll get a signing on fee that’s how it works, be hardly anything if its any of the bottom teams in the prem though.

You know him personally?

He has been very poor when given a chance, and he is old enough to not need a cuddle and training wheels because he has not played for a while. Was certain he would be far too good for this league, but I was terribly wrong. 

• Like 2

What I don’t get about his attitude is that he has always been a bit part player for us (many times I’ve thought unfairly as he’s come in, done very well for a few games, then had an off day and been in the wilderness for months and repeat) but even though he may have felt he was treated unfairly when given the opportunity he tended to take it. So his attitude was great, better than vast majority of footballers, remember many claiming he had no ambition and didn’t care etc which I could never get on board with, model professional. But this season who knows what’s happened, he could easily have been our main striker but he hasn’t looked interested and it’s a real shame as a nacho at his best is a hell of an asset in any league. Do think he’ll do well wherever he goes be it this window or more likely end of the season.

I was away for his last game so can’t comment on that

Enzo wants his strikers to play like rush midfielders.

Nacho takes this role on maybe too seriously and is often one of the furthest back then must run the length of the pitch, Vardy suffers the same to a degree. KI grafts but it is largely not that effective now.

Cannon and Daka having not played ripped up the Enzo rulebook temporally and got goals on the break/counter, retro style. Longer they were/are in the side the more Nachoesque and the current Vardy they became.

Cannon was largely made anonymous against Ipswich.

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He has been very poor when given a chance, and he is old enough to not need a cuddle and training wheels because he has not played for a while. Was certain he would be far too good for this league, but I was terribly wrong. 

I don't think that's wrong. But the old saying of talent is nothing without hard work springs to mind. 

What I don't understand is them seeing Youri's level of interest go from Arsenal and the like to Aston Villa because of his incredibly poor 2 years. You'd think that would be enough to make any of them realise you need to stay committed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I don't think that's wrong. But the old saying of talent is nothing without hard work springs to mind. 

What I don't understand is them seeing Youri's level of interest go from Arsenal and the like to Aston Villa because of his incredibly poor 2 years. You'd think that would be enough to make any of them realise you need to stay committed.

Yes, its like some get their "fight" beat out of them whilst here. Very weird.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Nacho takes this role on maybe too seriously and is often one of the furthest back then must run the length of the pitch, Vardy suffers the same to a degree. KI grafts but it is largely not that effective now.

Cannon and Daka having not played ripped up the Enzo rulebook temporally and got goals on the break/counter, retro style. Longer they were/are in the side the more Nachoesque and the current Vardy they became.

Not sure i agree with that. It was a quite game but he a a few decent chances.

23 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Mainly because no-one was capable of picking up his movement or runs