Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

No where near for me, frustrating but we have far worse.(which is a problem) At least he can pass sometimes

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

No. He was very frustrating, but he just isn’t suited to the way we play. He did have games where he was good and did contribute to the fa cup win. I felt he tried in every game and could put a pass and score a few goals, just too light weight and not really up to the standard expected of a £30m. Player. 

Most despised - most definitely not. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

More of a buyers remorse type thing I think

Note that I’m not talking about our all time most hated player, I’m talking specifically about the Rodgers era. 

Amartey was often maligned but turned it round. Plenty of clangers but a cult hero of sorts. 

Benkovic never did anything despite playing well under Rodgers at Celtic. But he was signed in the Puel era and was always an opportunistic but.

Ward has been poor but has had many good games including cup shootouts. 

Praet was never in favor. 

Nacho under utilised. 

On these forums Perez always got the most flack. A lot of it deserved too. 

11 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Or show a sublime touch and put an unmissable chance on a plate for Vards !

Unmissable ??   

ayo took a lot of grief but he didn’t help himself over the years by not improving his core strength enough.  There is a player in there and he’ll probably do well in Spain 

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Perez has real moments of quality that get ignored on this thread. His assist at West Ham for example was outstanding. Probably only Maddison could pull off something comparable in our squad. 

Honestly, I thought he was looking for Vardy, I don't think it was intended for Barnes.

Even if it was intended like Paert a couple of good passes a seasons isn't enough.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Perez has real moments of quality that get ignored on this thread. His assist at West Ham for example was outstanding. Probably only Maddison could pull off something comparable in our squad. 

I don't think they're ignored.

You regularly see posts highlighting things he's done well. Trouble is that is once every few games, the others he's a passenger or blazing relatively simple chances over. He isn't a Mahrez where you can carry him for 60 mins knowing he'll produce a moment or two a game. Or even an Albrighton knowing he'll put in a proper shift and do the basics right. 

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

He has real moments of quality, the odd flash of class, but he lacks the pace, confidence, strength and guile to impact matches consistently. This is my opinion on Perez; I welcome any other conclusions on his time with us, but they don’t tally with what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been a fan of Perez. He’s a moments player, can for sure make a positive impact off the bench but he’s so inconsistent and slow. He was a good cog in the system when we were good but we have to be doing better now. That said, thanks for playing a part in the FA cup final goal ✌️🤜

He can put a shift in sometimes, he has a good eye for a pass and his positioning can be good (although he's not very consistent at doing any of these things). But he's bullied off the ball too easily, and he falls over a lot (both of which he does very consistently.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

He has real moments of quality, the odd flash of class, but he lacks the pace, confidence, strength and guile to impact matches consistently. This is my opinion on Perez; I welcome any other conclusions on his time with us, but they don’t tally with what I’ve seen. 

Yeh id agree, I guess his defence is he’s never really played in his favoured central position, either as the number 10 or as a centre forward. Strange how Brendan buys players that don’t fit his rigid formation set up. He has less flexibility in terms of the formation or even the positions he expects his players to take up within that formation compared to virtually all other managers in the league and yet he’ll spend the moola on players that don’t fit it like Perez and then Vestergaard. 

26 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh id agree, I guess his defence is he’s never really played in his favoured central position, either as the number 10 or as a centre forward. Strange how Brendan buys players that don’t fit his rigid formation set up. He has less flexibility in terms of the formation or even the positions he expects his players to take up within that formation compared to virtually all other managers in the league and yet he’ll spend the moola on players that don’t fit it like Perez and then Vestergaard. 

I genuinely think AP lacks sufficient amounts of the attributes I mentioned above. That’s why  he fails to impose himself on games, he’s been played in all attacking positions, from what I can see.

Like I say - a few flashes of class; lots of huff & puff; but not the overall quality to be a consistent attacking threat for us. I actually think BR has used him more frequently than he might have, because he likes attacking players who press high; and to be fair, he does cover some ground and do his bit defensively.

I’m still hopeful Brendan will acquire the right sided attacking player we need - with pace and trickery. I think it will make a huge difference to our attacking play.

His best position isn't even that obvious, which is telling. Sometimes you get a bit of pressing from him, other times he just looks so soft. Wildly inconsistent, and even if there's an argument he's been OK, think it's pretty obvious to most that he's never been good enough for us and he has had at least 1 or 2 high profile mistakes I can think of