Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

Guest StevieLynex
On 24/01/2023 at 10:26, Aleksz said:

I know a dampener have been put on things in the Tete thread and things on Gonzalez seem dead in the water, but there’s no way we’re letting Perez go unless we’re confident of getting the winger we want.

If we can get Ian Hume in, then that‘s a like-for-like replacement for Perez

52 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I really think this club wants some idiots to pay a transfer fee for Perez , even though his contract runs out in six months. No wonder we never get rid of anybody.

Why shouldn't they. Player wants the move back home, there seems to be competition for his signature. We should at least be getting a loan fee, especially considering how threadbare our squad is at present (unless of course we really are getting a proper RW in this time).

I can;t help that the only thing i remember and will remember about Ayoze is the the chance THAT chance against Chelsea (I know, I know what about the block/hand ball for the FA Cup). 

He's an ok player. We've been blessed in the last few years to be blessed with quite a few more than just ok players so its difficult.

• Like 4

Feel for him.

He was a central striker for Newcastle, banging the goals in. Comes here, gets ruined and stuck out on the wing. 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can;t help that the only thing i remember and will remember about Ayoze is the the chance THAT chance against Chelsea (I know, I know what about the block/hand ball for the FA Cup). 

He's an ok player. We've been blessed in the last few years to be blessed with quite a few more than just ok players so its difficult.

I thought the same, could have written himself a little bit of history if he keep his knee over the ball.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Still haunts me to this day! It was easier to score than miss. 

The handball was a huge moment though and so he played a part in our first ever FA Cup.

After all is said and done though... BYE! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Feel for him.

He was a central striker for Newcastle, banging the goals in. Comes here, gets ruined and stuck out on the wing. 

Was daft sticking him out on the wing. However, only once did he score double figures for them, playing off Rondon. For 30 million, or whatever we’ve paid, likely to be at least over 20 million, what a daft signing. Imagine if we’d used that money towards a proper right winger.

Bit of revisionism going on here, isn’t there? 

He’s been slightly below bang average since he’s been here. 

A handful of half decent performances in 4 years. 

A midfielder that’s not quick, not skilful, not aggressive nor creative and has a poor goals and assists return. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Still haunts me to this day! It was easier to score than miss. 

The handball was a huge moment though and so he played a part in our first ever FA Cup.

After all is said and done though... BYE! 

It wasn't handball though?

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Looks all but done.. We must have a winger lined up if he’s allowed to go 

Ayoze Pérez (29 years old) is the footballer chosen by Villarreal to reinforce their attack, as Relevo has learned. The player from the Canary Islands had, for days, agreed with Betis to join the Sevillian team in this transfer market, but for it to be made official, one step was missing: that a file be released. It was a matter of time, because there are several Verdiblancos players on the starting ramp, but the days have passed and the people from Castellón have torpedoed an operation that was taken for granted.

The formula is exactly the same that Betis had agreed, only the colors change. The striker, who ends his contract with Leicester at the end of the season, arrives on loan to Villarreal for six months without the English team receiving anything, beyond saving his token during that time. The only fringe that is missing for everything to close is for the English team to give the OK to this change of course with the same conditions. If that happens, the player will arrive in Vila-Real in the next few hours.

Ayoze's will was to return to Spain and Betis's proposal had completely convinced him. However, the wait began to be uncomfortable and in those days that passed until everything could be made official, something unexpected happened: Danjuma (Tottenham) and Jackson (Bournemouth) left the yellow submarine in a matter of hours. Setién, although he understands that the economy comes first, asked the club for some reinforcement so that these casualties are as little noticeable as possible and with Ayoze they have found the perfect solution.

The footballer had had little prominence with Leicester this season: barely 700 minutes (in 13 games) with one goal and another assist. For a long time his will was to return to Spain and last summer it sounded for clubs like Real Sociedad or Celta, although no operation was crystallized. A few months later, he finally gets his wish.

Pellegrini's anger
This twist in the script represents a setback for Pellegrini, Betis coach, who for days has been calm because the Ayoze operation was considered closed. The Chilean was waiting with the fly behind his ear, because he is aware that in football it is better to close agreements as soon as possible to avoid last-minute surprises. Your fears have finally been realized.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Sad 1