Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

If we paid 30 million for Perez, it was 25 million too much. If we are paying him 80k that is crazy. Neither are his fault. If we have played him out.of.position that his not his fault  His contribution has not been adequate. He does not want to he here. Get him out. Negotiate a figure, pay him and say thanks and best wishes.  It is very simple. I do not care if we do not get a replacement. I would not play him on principle. He just is not anywhere near good enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Such a bizarre take.

Let’s bin off a player and not get a replacement. We can then all complain that we have no backup players. He’s clearly better than all of our options available in the youth setup, although our fan base can’t see past this with their toxic tinted glasses on. 

You could stick an empty dustbin on the right wing to better effect, at least it would get in the way of the opposition, not fall over and not pass the ball to them 🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And take £24 mill for madders ……..

Nah that's way too high, just swap him with the rangers guy 💸 

Seriously though, keep and re-sign madders imo even if he goes on a ridiculous salary. He would still have massive resale value in 18-24 months if injury free. If sold I'd expect nothing less that £50-55mil with addons on top.

Nobody has so far left , and if it costs them money , they won't.  JJ and Pereira will return. We will then have five full backs and Bertie. If Tete and Souttar do come , we are going to be paying a lot of players for doing nowt for the next six months . I will have to assume we have budgeted for that.

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Such a bizarre take.

Let’s bin off a player and not get a replacement. We can then all complain that we have no backup players. He’s clearly better than all of our options available in the youth setup, although our fan base can’t see past this with their toxic tinted glasses on. 

Is he better than any other options we have? You are entitled to your view as I am mine. He is crap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Certainly as long as we pay him up , we can do that with Vestergaard as well .But we won't.

He cannot be registered and claiming a wage from us and join another club though, so he would have to decide. Have Betis  got the arse now he was going to go to Villarreal and it is not happening?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He cannot be registered and claiming a wage from us and join another club though, so he would have to decide. Have Betis  got the arse now he was going to go to Villarreal and it is not happening?

Ayoze gets about £75 grand a week and is contracted until July. Somebody is going to have to pay him that money until then. If his agent is looking for an extended contract from another club then he will have to make a decision on whether to take less money but have a three or four year contract , he may go for that.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ayoze gets about £75 grand a week and is contracted until July. Somebody is going to have to pay him that money until then. If his agent is looking for an extended contract from another club then he will have to make a decision on whether to take less money but have a three or four year contract , he may go for that.

A loan for 6 months, even paying 90% of his salary, still makes highly unpalatable sense at this point

• Like 1

On 27/01/2023 at 17:54, markko said:

Is he better than any other options we have? You are entitled to your view as I am mine. He is crap!

I’d argue he’s contributed more during his time here than Praet, Soumare and KDH and Daka. He isn’t a right winger, however he allowed us to get the best out of Ricardo. 

• Like 3

On 27/01/2023 at 17:54, markko said:

He is, I'd say he's better than Barnes judging on past few months, but I wouldn't start either player if tete comes in and maddison stays 

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Apologies if already posted - do we know if he was left out of the squad yesterday because a move is imminent? Or was it to prove a point, with signings coming in, he won’t make the squad for the rest of the season? 

Brendan implied pre match that he would be unlikely to play as he is carrying a knock. 

However, I think as soon as Tete is officially announced Perez will be free to fly to Spain for his medical and that will be that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The sad thing about Perez is that I think he really cares. He always struck me as a thoroughly decent bloke. He consistently uploads pics to his Instagram on a game day, even when he was miles away from the first 11. I never ever felt that he was running around and not trying. He isn’t a great player but he’s been consistently played out of position and has never had a fair shot. Brendan has to take all of the blame for signing a player who finished as Newcastle’s top scorer the season before we signed him whilst playing as a 10 and then pushing him out wide. 

His finishing is supposedly brilliant but we don’t see it regularly enough and he’s a bit too lightweight for the PL. He also lacks pace. But he has tremendous feet and I think he’ll tear it up in La Liga. I bet he gets at least 10 goals and assists a season. 

He goes with my best wishes because he’s always tried and he’s never been treated well by us. 

Didn’t really get that impression when he held a party during the Covid Lockdowns and further detailed a flagging bid for finishing top four 

18 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He is, I'd say he's better than Barnes judging on past few months, but I wouldn't start either player if tete comes in and maddison stays 

Better than Barnes… 😂😂 

What a ridiculous comment, check Barnes goals and assist. Now go check Perez’s. End of discussion.

• Like 2