Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

One of those games where you thought ok we're playing a bit better but realistically thinking we'll lose, and after the final whistle feeling really disappointed we didn't at least get a point.

We are are now playing much better Faes is proving to be a fantastic asset and Danny Ward looks like a proper keeper, quietly confident we have at last turned the corner and the only way is up that table.

• Like 2

Didn’t think that was too bad. Might even have got something out of it if Rodgers had have switched it up a bit earlier, or perhaps if we’d been a bit luckier. What was the consensus about the “foul” on Grealish? Looked like a dive to me.

I think that we proved that we can now defend, so I’m pretty sure we aren’t  going down. Probably finish 9th - 12th, which considering all the ructions wouldn’t be too bad. Rebuild in the summer :fc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Didn’t think that was too bad. Might even have got something out of it if Rodgers had have switched it up a bit earlier, or perhaps if we’d been a bit luckier. What was the consensus about the “foul” on Grealish? Looked like a dive to me.

I think that we proved that we can now defend, so I’m pretty sure we aren’t  going down. Probably finish 9th - 12th, which considering all the ructions wouldn’t be too bad. Rebuild in the summer :fc:

I missed it but I'd tend to agree

6 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Any ideas why KDH was subbed. Silly  from a not up to speed  Mendy and Grealish looked to catch his own leg in the slow mo but enough contact to let him get the free kick in a perfect position.

Other than that one thing a very good effort all round

He gave the ball away a lot, and he has been tiring in matches because of his work rate

• Like 3

The massive positive I'm taking is the confidence and mindset of the players and their work effort. They battled for 90 minutes, their heads didn't drop and they worked together as a team.  They gave them a game which many teams can't. Really deserved something but the games is so much more than points. A real boost and momentum moving forward. Well done lads!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Always Next Year said:

Where was KDH taken off for Mandy and within 5 mins he gives away a free kick which resulted in the goal, yet another shit decision by Rodgers.

As much as I dislike Rodgers, Grealish dived and then we got the sucker punch of a KDB worldie. The ref got a mouthful from Grealish at the end of the 1st half, 2nd half started and he knew the ref was going to give him a decision. The cvnt has cheating down to an art form.

• Like 3

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

He gave the ball away a lot, and he has been tiring in matches because of his work rate

The only difference for me would be Praet instead of Mendy.  Grealish is a diving idiot, that's why he plays for them and unfortunately Mendy got caught out

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Is it just me or are Man City allow to kick who they like, take foul throws and take freekicks with a moving ball.

Thought the referee got it pretty much spot on today. Kept his cards in his pocket and tried to let the game go where he could. There was some soft decisions for both sides, the Dias and Barnes decision was 50/50 for me so pleased he gave it our way. Not really sure what there is to complain about.

25 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Well despite losing 1-0, I thought we were fantastic.

1st Quarter – Defended fantastically offering nothing going forward. Allowed Man City all the possession

2nd Quarter – Defended fantastically, but now looked a threat on rare attacks

1st Half – Also worth noting despite all our defending, never conceded a foul.

3rd Quarter – Mendy on and gave away the first foul within 2 minutes. Genius by KdB followed which was in the end all that separated the teams (almost genius from Tielemans rattling the crossbar). Otherwise defended well

4th Quarter - Formation change and finished the game as good as Man City. Made chances, but no cutting edge from Iheanacho and Daka.

Overall, impressed with the players attitude, discipline, organisation and defending in general (including Set-Pieces)

Only question is why did Mendy come on for KDH at HT when we looked so organised?

NB – You can argue Mendy hardly touched Grealish for the free kick, but in the 1st half we made sure not to even give the referee a decision to make

Oh and personally I thought Vardy played too deep, I don’t think we needed him to play behind the ball

We know about Nacho...but both Nacho & Daka, are not upping their ratings one bit.At this level in the PL, these guys have to show they can change the game,by converting chances & good chances...Nacho as now done this for awhile,he's had one good season.

Daka is just starting out.

But we need our subs scoring far more regularly if we want to challenge & compete for those higher placings..

Subs are now part of the team effort,I am sorry but though great chances are created, our subs are still not doing their jobs...One could say we set up Man.city for the sucker punch, and we should of delivered...and 20 minutes game time & actual guilded chances we had...

The game plan nearly worked,so I am not moaning or complaining,but saying where we have to improve...

I don’t think we could have done much more. Quite happy coming away from a defeat which is unusual. 

Mendy unfortunately switched off, clipped Grealish and they took the chance. They didn’t really do much more that was threatening tbh.

Defensively we look so much better. 

18 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

One of those games where you thought ok we're playing a bit better but realistically thinking we'll lose, and after the final whistle feeling really disappointed we didn't at least get a point.

We are are now playing much better Faes is proving to be a fantastic asset and Danny Ward looks like a proper keeper, quietly confident we have at last turned the corner and the only way is up that table.

If , " I'm far too good for Leicester ", Fofana had stayed we almost certainly wouldn't have tightened up the defence. We desperately needed an old school defender , so it has worked out well.