Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

14 hours ago, tom27111 said:

He's been woeful lately. But as a local lad who came in and had some good early performances, people think he can do no wrong.

A lot even calling for him to be captain.

I'm not writing him off, but right now, he's not offering much more than Hamza Choudhury.

He’s not doing that great but him and Hamza are completely different players.

KDH has run with the ball more in one game than in Hamza’s entire Leicester career I think 😂

I watch him and think he could be a great deep lying player with his tenacity and currently he hasn’t shown me he is good enough to be playing almost as a 10.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How weird are the Man City fans for still singing about Ranieri hahaha. Especially because they did the same with Mancini and Pellegrini.

Everyone else gave it up five years ago. No idea why they keep it going.

56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How weird are the Man City fans for still singing about Ranieri hahaha. Especially because they did the same with Mancini and Pellegrini.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Everyone else gave it up five years ago. No idea why they keep it going.

Sounded like a load a drunks with their Johnny Johnny stones too lol

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I think that might be a summer deal. Young players with potential go for a premium in January… I’m beginning to wonder if Evans would be offfered a new deal  as he’s out of contract in the summer and he’s really struggling  with injuries.. Dawson would likely be his replacement..

Yes I agree. Though we could lose Soyuncu in January also which could leave us stretched at CB. I don't think BR will play Vesty.

Personally I don't think we should be offering Evans a new Contract. I'd take Dawson and play him with Faes and another new young physical signing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah but they're the mighty Manchester City and we're entitled little Leicester City.

Know your place and all that.

:yawn:

Horrible football club. Why everyone is so obsessed and fawn over them I'll never know.

• Like 3

I can't really moan too much at that. Yeah I think we could've improved on the ball and we weren't really doing it on the break but I did get the idea. We weren't easy to break down, which is reassuring to see.

Got to get some points in the next two though. I want 4.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

yes agree that teams play to reflect their opponent but yesterday was about as far as you can go to one extreme - we weren’t set up yesterday to exploit them over committing forward - it looked like our planned out all was the long diagonal to Barnes but we weren’t able to use it (for whatever reason). we wouldn’t be this negative against any other side in the PL 

You see you call yesterday negative, I didn't see as particularly negative, we sat tight, let them play around us keeping their threat down and if it wasn't for a great free kick we'd have got something out of it, it was a good defensive performance.

Being defensive isn't negative, sometimes you have to do it, when executed well against a team expected to steamroll you, it can be one of the most satisfying performances and results.

What I call negative is in games where we think we should be getting somethings but happy just to have the majority of the possession, playing deep in our own half, on our 18 yard box playing side to side, not getting anywhere or doing anything with it, you said yesterday its to open space, but come on it, rarely happens, it's boring, that's negative in my eyes, go forwards be expansive - let them have some possession, you'll be able to press them, when you win possession back there will naturally be spaces, you may even force them into mistakes.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Got to laugh at Man City fans moaning at Leicester for sitting back. They spent £60m on our best player to sit on their bench and expect everyone to just bend over. 

They always moan when teams refuse to play the way they want them to. This is a results game there are no points for fancy execution. A hard nosed Leicester City suits me fine. We know we have flair players and couple that with a miserly defense and we have every chance.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

I generally don’t like the idea of sitting deep for 90mins. Plenty of teams try it against Man City and most fail

The problem is they have so many quality players that they will get a goal from somewhere

You could argue yesterday proved that, although the plan very nearly worked

The pragmatist in me knows that it is probably a good idea to sit back against them at the Etihad. But I have never liked a tactical approach that is so defensive at home, and never will