Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

Very disciplined and focused. Plenty of effort from everyone. Can’t do anything about that free kick from KDB other than allowing them that free kick but fine margins. We need to take our chances when they come no matter how few.

another day we put them away and it’s a different game. Oh well. Let’s go win our remaining games before the WC. Hope the other results go out way today. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Not sure how I can be happy with a defeat but I am. I thought we played well and solidly as a team, stuck to the task and the mission. Had our chances but not to be. I think it was the right approach tbh.

I don't know what people thought in the match thread but I'm not sure Grealish was fouled (for their goal). Tbh, I thought he was much fouling as fouled. But whatever, good strike. Bettered only by Tielemans' ;)

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1

Nothing we could do about that free kick, KDB is special. if you said at the start of the game they wouldn’t score from open play we’d have taken that. 

Disappointed with Barnes’ decision making and the distribution out of the defence in the first half, but we defended superbly, very disciplined. 

KDH needs a rest, thought Mendy was great when he came on.

and Pep, stay the **** away from Madders!

Just now, Jonezy said:

We did the absolute best we could. I am fully okey with the gameplan. Shame we couldn't nick one at the end; thought we were closer than them in open play. This give me hope for the season.

As fantastic a footballer de Bruyne is, he is also an absolute tosser; what was that at the end torwards Ward? He gets away with so much and always moans. Closing in on Richarlison and Fernandes on the shit list.

I was just gonna say he’s starting to turn into a bit of twat! No need for that nonsense. Deserves another black eye in training for that skull duggery.

• Like 3

Very promising that.  If we play well in the next two it will be difficult to not give Rogers the restart.  The players certainly aren’t playing like they want him gone (though I’m still in the Out camp for the long term).  But today right tactics and almost worked.  Thought Praet was the better choice to Mendy but I can understand why he did it, and at least reacted to KDH’s poor first half when normally he’d wait 80 minutes.

Also - why is the ref stopping the game when we have the ball in the box? Was he worried we might score?

Edited by Benji
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Very frustrating especially when Mendy doesn't even put in a challenge on Grealish so was never a free kick....can't legislate for what happened next.....I saw togetherness....fight....heart and desire from all XI and Soyuncu is still decent

He hit Grealish with his knee. It was a freekick, but annoying as Grealish looked for it. But the de Bruyne tosser still came up with an absolute worldie; it happens.