Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, lnkstern said:

But Harvey does have a bit of a selfish streak at times.

I know what you mean. Tough call innit? If he hits the target then it's paid off. But, yes, a couple of times I wanted him to get his head up rather than simply set his sights on goal.

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

Too many players that aren’t comfortable being uncomfortable. Justin, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall far too wasteful. Tielemans, Maddison, Faes the only starters that could play under pressure. Shame Soumare was missing in that respect. Vardy better than Daka defensively but missed the energy.

Did well defensively, undone by a worldie that was the product of an Amartey **** up, even when he’s playing well there’s always a costly one in there. But you have to be better with the ball and braver when you have it. Think we miss Lookman there, can threaten in behind but better technically than Barnes, we saw how lethal he, Iheanacho and Maddison were at the Etihad last year.

Frustrating really. Good effort from everyone and very organised defending. Silly free kick to give away in that position.

Overall I think we sat back and gave them too much respect. As soon as we went for it in the last 15 minutes, they looked totally rattled.

Surely Brendan can see if we play like we did at the end against most of the league, we would be top half. Makes it even more annoying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ecdysiast said:

Pep Guardiola - and his hoodie - is on the pitch applauding Manchester City's travelling fans. Guardiola is now deep in conversation with James Maddison on the pitch. Guardiola puts an arm around Maddison and the pair leave the pitch together.

Cnut!

Asking if Maddison wants to warm his bench..

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

I think Brendan and the players deserve massive credit today, bar an absolute worldie we come out of that with a well deserved draw. So many positives in that performance, I hope this raises confidence and they don't dwell on the result. 

Absolutely, I thought we played well. Lot of negativity on here 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Too many players that aren’t comfortable being uncomfortable. Justin, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall far too wasteful. Tielemans, Maddison, Faes the only starters that could play under pressure. Shame Soumare was missing in that respect. Vardy better than Daka defensively but missed the energy.

Did well defensively, undone by a worldie that was the product of an Amartey **** up, even when he’s playing well there’s always a costly one in there. But you have to be better with the ball and braver when you have it. Think we miss Lookman there, can threaten in behind but better technically than Barnes, we saw how lethal he, Iheanacho and Maddison were at the Etihad last year.

Where was the Amartey fcuk-up..??

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Excellent free kick but have to remember Ward was also looking into the sun at that point. It was mission impossible to save that. Wish madders had a chance like that.

The ball couldn’t be further into the top corner, even if the sun was a factor there’s no way any keeper was saving that.

• Like 3