Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

I thought we played well today.

Defence was much better and mind you without Ndidi.  And without him, we are much better in transition and in possession. I hope Rodgers has finally learnt his lesson in not starting Ndidi.

It is a shame Vardy got taken off at the same time as Nacho came on. I really want to see what Nacho can do together with Vardy. Daka is good, but Vardy is a better player especially with one twos which would combine well with Nacho.

Despite the loss, I think we can’t be too upset.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

He missed a header. It was a few moves before the free kick. And generally he played very well. Very harsh to single that out really.

It was directly before the free kick, he missed it and Grealish is running through and we’re scrambling back. He deals with it as he should (you might give him the sun as an excuse) and there’s no free kick. 

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

I think you're mistaking Happy for proud....proud of the endless effort...the 'Thou shalt not pass' spirit....denying City the space...commanding corners...creating a few of our own chances......what else were u expecting?

I like in particular the belief that we can get something out of this game by attacking at the end. I would hate it if we just pass the ball around at the back.

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Result did not matter much for me today providing it wasn't an absolute trouncing. Today was all about effort, holding our shape, making it difficult to break us down, and if we could snatch a result take it. It was negative, it almost sent me to sleep, but for the most part we did the basics well in defence and given how bad we have been defensively this season, this could prove a real stepping stone that we were only unlocked by a magical world class player with a strike nobody would save. 

Take that all day long. making

.... setup was as we expected, we just failed to move the ball better when we had the ball in the first half to counter!!!

We just lack the quality in those situations and have been plagued by this poor decision-making for a long long time. keeping the same shape and formation in the second half might have been the right option as it seemed that Manchester City did not seem likely to score, we just had to trust that when we break out from defense we play the right balls at the right time.

It did seem strange that for a team of the quality of Man. City that they were tossing balls into our box as opposed to playing everything on the floor. We will take this and move on, top 6 as I said before is more than achievable, too many poor teams in this league.

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Very creepy habit of PepsiCo. He did that with mahrez. It’s like on-field grooming. 

Rodgers should put in an official complaint...& He should get fined & banned for awhile...Whether it's anything dubious is not the question.

To opposition fans, it looks like grooming...Any such long contact must be discouraged..A shake of the hand,short compliments nothing more...!!

Anything more it's bringing the game into disrepute...Both Klopp & Pep, do it too often...It's not a petty reaction,you can't see your best players being chatted up...

If Maddison went to Man.city I will count today,and what he did with Grealish...as grooming & should be bounced upon...