Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

Decent performance. Man City created nothing of note and relied on a moment of brilliance to nick it. Hopefully the defensive improvement is maintained and gives us a base to allow our quality to help us beat the teams we should be beating. Thought Tielemans was excellent again, he often looks good in these games where everyone else is treating the ball like an unexploded bomb 

Had a quick read on the Man City forum and a significant amount are bemoaning our tactics, as if we should just play expansively from the off and allow them to carve us open at will. Wish L1 would respond to their moronic Ranieri chant by responding with reference to them sacking their league winning managers Mancini and Pellegrini, we've had enough years of it to respond in kind.

20 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Where was KDH taken off for Mandy and within 5 mins he gives away a free kick which resulted in the goal, yet another shit decision by Rodgers.

KDH was so wasteful in the first half. We actually looked better once he made changes, especially bringing Nacho and Daka on and changing our shape.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Where was KDH taken off for Mandy and within 5 mins he gives away a free kick which resulted in the goal, yet another shit decision by Rodgers.

KDH was being marked and hustled out of the game. There’s so many ifs and buts involved in football that this is not something we can hold against Rodgers. It took an absolute worldie to defeat us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m very very encouraged by Wards continued improvement.

Still looks all over the place to me. He has no idea whether to come out or go back and seems to do both.

He would struggle to hold down a game in the championship I reckon.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Astleyfox said:

No. With the two up front, they proved  that they could cause problems. City were ALWAYS going to score. 

They were? Other than one moment of brilliance we caused them more problems than they caused us. 

I thought it was a brilliant performance and tactically I thought BR was spot on. Kept in the game, had some really promising chances on the break and really deserved a point in my opinion.

Really encouraging effort from the lads and we can go into the Everton game with confidence.

• Like 4

Just now, kenny said:

Still looks all over the place to me. He has no idea whether to come out or go back and seems to do both.

He would struggle to hold down a game in the championship I reckon.

If you can’t even acknowledge his improvement and good performance today then  you have more problems than what I can help you with..

• Like 1

Just got home from the game. Overall I thought we played well against a very very good team. A touch unlucky .....perhaps, but most importantly team spirit, fighting spirit, individual performances and continually improving group confidence did not take a battering and if anything were well served. Our season will not be defined againt teams like Man City. Overall I thought the team played well and kudos to the manager for begining to turn things around (Even if i beleive most of the issues earlier in the season can be firmly laid at his door.)  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

KDH was so wasteful in the first half. We actually looked better once he made changes, especially bringing Nacho and Daka on and changing our shape.

I would have brought Praet on rather than Mendy, but then I would have started Praet from the start, in place of KDH as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

If you can’t even acknowledge his improvement and good performance today then  you have more problems than what I can help you with..

😂😂😂😂

I'm pleased with today's performance, BR did everything right as did most of the players.

Danny ward is dreadful.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Astleyfox said:

No. With the two up front, they proved  that they could cause problems. City were ALWAYS going to score. 

There was no way on gods earth we could have played 2 up front for 90 minutes...pressing at the rate we were and not got picked off by City....you're living in dreamland if you think a 4-4-2 would have yielded a better result

Edited by tickler28
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Too many players that aren’t comfortable being uncomfortable. Justin, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall far too wasteful. Tielemans, Maddison, Faes the only starters that could play under pressure. Shame Soumare was missing in that respect. Vardy better than Daka defensively but missed the energy.

Did well defensively, undone by a worldie that was the product of an Amartey **** up, even when he’s playing well there’s always a costly one in there. But you have to be better with the ball and braver when you have it. Think we miss Lookman there, can threaten in behind but better technically than Barnes, we saw how lethal he, Iheanacho and Maddison were at the Etihad last year.

Even when he's playing well someone will take a goal back enough moves to find something to have a pop about. Bizarrely obsessive stuff. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Losing by one to these is no shame whatsoever.

Where I did think Rodgers went wrong was to bring on Mendy for KDH at half time.

For about 20 mins after, we were put right on the back foot again and lost our only out ball from a deeper position. They capitalised, got the free kick and scored (albeit a worldie).

That forced us to change things up, as we were never getting back in the game at that point. But it was too late cos Man City stopped the press and saw out the game.

That was a shame. It was the wrong thing to do by us, tactically.

That said, I think they were in fourth gear pretty much all game anyway.

They are a fantastic team, both players and manager.

12 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Some of the negativity here makes no sense, it’s seems like some fans through sheer delusion thinks we’re Real Madrid - manage your expectations accordingly ffs.

I had to chuckle at half time having watched us execute a plan pretty faultlessly, then check in on here and we're apparently woeful!