Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How is Pep allowed to be constantly out of his area? It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, granted, but what do 4th officials do? Are they not meant to make sure managers stick to the technical area?

Dunno. But arteta stands on the actual pitch for 95% of the game so the rules are abit fuzzy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How is Pep allowed to be constantly out of his area? It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, granted, but what do 4th officials do? Are they not meant to make sure managers stick to the technical area?

All scared of saying anything to him. Klopp is the same 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Him and Klopp are notorious, god knows why the game needs pointless touchline officials. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's a prick, of the highest order.

Absolute bellend for so many reasons.

Sorry, you'll accuse me of being or tell me to stop being angry again.

Onto the match, don't think we played that badly, if it wasn't for a freekick think we'd have kept them out.

I still want him gone, I'll always want him gone.

The last few matches we've been quite pragmatic and useful with and without the ball, that's what I want to see, not death by football.

I do fear it'll be back to his way and vision of how the game should be played, it always is, we've seen this before.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

BT Sport saying Grealish had a good game? I thought he looked wan$ personally, especially when you consider the opportunities he had.

How? He was poor and Castagne dealt with him. Didn’t create anything, didn’t have a shot, didn’t beat his man many times. Yeah, great game. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... setup was as we expected, we just failed to move the ball better when we had the ball in the first half to counter!!!

We just lack the quality in those situations and have been plagued by this poor decision-making for a long long time. keeping the same shape and formation in the second half might have been the right option as it seemed that Manchester City did not seem likely to score, we just had to trust that when we break out from defense we play the right balls at the right time.

It did seem strange that for a team of the quality of Man. City that they were tossing balls into our box as opposed to playing everything on the floor. We will take this and move on, top 6 as I said before is more than achievable, too many poor teams in this league.

I disagree, on your last statement...

I actually believe this season will show how good the so called bottom sides are....There are periods where teams do play poorly,but the strength of the PL is

each team can also put in periods & moments of good quality football...

Importantly they show they want to play to win...

This seasonal dissing of the PL sides is just monotonous lazy targeting...

The football is entertaining most of the time & has boring in periods,like the last 70yrs. Football is football,the players deliver the goods...Anything around it is Soap-opera noise..

The players do give their all,sometime form or standards drop other times it reaches heights of excellence.

Over analysing ,critical judging of every move ,slip up or mistake is a modern phenomenon...Football is played by humans who have that special talent,to present their skills,but obviously being human,they can't always deliver perfect performances.I for one never expect anything, I just go out & enjoy the weekly displays & performances,that are on offer,sometimes very pleased,other days disappointed,but THAT IS FOOTBALL ( or any sport)

Whether the participants get payed £10 or £100,000...keep yapping on every season how poor something is,shows an expectancy that is not bred on reality...Sport hasn't got worse,there was never a golden period of performances S.Mathews,Di.Stefano,

Puskas,Jose Nazazzi, Leandro had periods of so wiffy performances.

Game days have got better over the years,each era producing World wide names,or just national or regional greats...with every fan arguing the toss..

If you consider teams being poorer,you must be able totell us when they were better. I and many others would argue against it everyday of the week.

Because it is and will always stay a cheap shot....

Edited by fuchsntf

Just now, Chelmofox said:

BT Sport saying Grealish had a good game? I thought he looked wan$ personally, especially when you consider the opportunities he had.

Grealish was poor I thought.  He did buy the free kick from which they scored I suppose.  Poor from Mendy to be honest though. Players must be aware that if you as much as breathe on Grealish he will go down, and Mendy should have been a bit more savvy really.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Its Pep, he can do as he likes.  Just like how the ref blew for full time when we were in a promising position. I'm not saying time wasnt up, but you just know if that's down the other end, with the  ball at the foot of a Man City player, with them 1-0 down, the whistle ain't being blown until the ball has been cleared down field or gone out of play.

Yeah that frustrated me no end. Most refs in most games wait until the chance is finished or the ball goes out.

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Some of the positivity about that performance here is laughable. Cannot fathom out how people can enjoy watching that style of play. 

You need to get in their faces, take the game to teams like city. High press, constant running. That game was pedestrian by both sides today.

Danny Ward probably was man of the match for us. 

....if you come up against Man. City (with a strong team) and you play on the counter!!!

This team today was not their best, they struggled against a well-organized backline, and when we stepped up the pace, in the last quarter, we had them rattled and created chances. In hindsight going on the front foot may have afforded us a better opportunity to win, but no one is expecting to play an undercooked Manchester City team, although having played in midweek, we may have seen the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If rolling about like a panzy is part of his performance then he had a blinder.

Played really well definitely making tracks in the right direction. 

Justin and KDH poor again and have been for a few games. I really don’t know what Justin adds anymore he is so overhyped 

I actually worry about Evans coming back into starting 11 as we have defended so well without him 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you come up against Man. City (with a strong team) and you play on the counter!!!

This team today was not their best, they struggled against a well-organized backline, and when we stepped up the pace, in the last quarter, we had them rattled and created chances. In hindsight going on the front foot may have afforded us a better opportunity to win, but no one is expecting to play an undercooked Manchester City team, although having played in midweek, we may have seen the opportunity.

I cannot believe people think we were playing on the counter first half. There was no attacking threat whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Played really well definitely making tracks in the right direction. 

Justin and KDH poor again and have been for a few games. I really don’t know what Justin adds anymore he is so overhyped 

I actually worry about Evans coming back into starting 11 as we have defended so well without him 

Justin?!

He kept Silva quiet for most of the game. Hard task for most defenders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Nahh he’s been poor for ages, sloppy passes and always plays back 

The passing backwards is coaching.

You’ve got Rodgers to thank for that, making him shit scared of playing a forward pass. Ruining a player who used to bomb forward on the wing.

Thought Cags did fine, a responsible performance shall we say. I think he gave the ball away a couple of times (not the only one to do that though) and was looking for the attacking pass, one for Madders particularly stood out for me. No car crash moments, no rush of blood. Just kept it simple and played his part. 

• Like 1