Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Man City (H) - Post Match Thread

Overall I thought it was a good performance. Man City didn’t really cut us open. I was expecting them to push on, but we contained them well. Could have brought on the sub a little earlier, but overall it was important that we weren’t overrun in the game, which should give us some positive momentum going into the last two games before the 🚾 🏆

Edited by Lad1966
  • Like 3

Nearly worked as a game plan, and stifled Man City very well.

Not much goal threat until Daka and Nacho came on, but to still be in the game at that point is more than most teams will manage this season. 

Good points: Ward deserves his place, defence looks sound, particularly at set pieces. That set piece coach was worth waiting for. Best shot came from a set piece too. Daka and Nacho are a threat and need time as a partnership.

Bad points: we lost when we could have had something. Despite giving away the free kick Mendy had a good game, KDH looked out of his depth. Vardy looks spent, should be on the bench now.

Grealish is a diving tosser still, should have been carded for his dive against Madders in the penalty box. KDB should have been carded for being a twat too. Naughty to tap up Madders so openly at the end.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

Well I did and have been going for about 25 years. But yea...... Unlucky with the guess.... 

Time for a trip to specsavers I think mate.

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

Time for a trip to specsavers I think mate.

I'd hate to think how you'd react if we lost 4 nill to them and were defensively poor.... Perhaps this is what happens when you start supporting the team after they win the league maybe... 

45 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Game plan is good? Bend over and take it for 70 minutes, kill the mood in the ground and offer nothing? 

We’ve just smashed Wolves 4-0, beat Leeds well, and we now play like that. Regardless of the opposition you have to play free and attacking football when especially its been your success recently. Look at Brighton, 3-0 up against Chelsea at home. You can’t tell me that was a top class Man City side today. Missing Haaland, Foden got a couple of minutes. They were beatable but we rolled over. Same against Man Utd.

I wouldn't say we rolled over for them. We just had a particular game plan and it actually nearly paid off because we were still in the game in the final half an hour.

The fact they barely had any other clear cut chances shows you we didn't roll over. Yeah it wasn't pretty, but look at other teams that go full on against Man City and they're the ones that actually get rolled over. 

While it was great they were missing Haaland and it did give us a better chance, let's not act like it was a weak Man City line-up either. Silva, Grealish, Akanji, Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri are all either top class, have been in good form, or both.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is refreshing to see such unanimity amongst the majority for once - those desperate to find fault and be miserable live in the bin. 

Wholeheartedly agree that the majority are on the same wavelength. There are always going to be the few who think we should easily beat prime Barcelona.. 

Just now, hejammy said:

I'd hate to think how you'd react if we lost 4 nill to them and were defensively poor.... Perhaps this is what happens when you start supporting the team after they win the league maybe... 

Not at all, I’ve been there in the dark days and the good. 

I don’t see how genuinely people can say we played well there. Riding high on a couple of good results at home against a good side who are depleted and played in mid week and we roll over. 

People on here now seem to be accustomed to taking the loss and the lack of endeavour. Yeah we’ve played worst this season but that first half was lack of ambition. 

Different standards, some people are winners, some are losers. Some want to win every game, some are happy with mediocrity. 

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I don’t see how genuinely people can say we played well there. Riding high on a couple of good results at home against a good side who are depleted and played in mid week and we roll over. 

People on here now seem to be accustomed to taking the loss and the lack of endeavour. Yeah we’ve played worst this season but that first half was lack of ambition. 

Different standards, some people are winners, some are losers. Some want to win every game, some are happy with mediocrity. 

I now realise that you completely miss the point. We all know we sat back. But this was the plan. Like others said, we do not have the players to just go hail Mary and attack. We would have got slaughtered and that's not being negative or defeatist, it's reality. The plan was good and nearly paid off. If it wasn't for a worldy, we could have come away with a point or more. Just take a step back and try and take a look at the situation. Which team has gone gung ho against Man City and come away unscathed? Also not depleted, they have a team full of class players. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you come up against Man. City (with a strong team) and you play on the counter!!!

This team today was not their best, they struggled against a well-organized backline, and when we stepped up the pace, in the last quarter, we had them rattled and created chances. In hindsight going on the front foot may have afforded us a better opportunity to win, but no one is expecting to play an undercooked Manchester City team, although having played in midweek, we may have seen the opportunity.

Undercooked ??with their replacements,and choice of players...

Take ten players out of Man.city they are still the best team in the League...

For us a one off game...We gave them a run for their points,we shown we can play a tactical game ( but like others not quite turn it).  

Man.city play such games twice a week,a normal day at the office for them...

Maybe 2-3 times in the season drop unexpected points. Today could of been one of them,difference is they always find themselves still being able

to win from their considered awkward situations.

For those slating the defensive nature and supposed lack of will to win, I would agree with you IF we were sat behind them in the table and not where we find ourselves.

Going gung-ho and losing by 9 which everyone thought we would after the Brighton/Spurs games would have done nothing for us and whilst points wise losing by 1 or 9 makes no difference in that we lost, the confidence gained in this game will far out way the dropped points in the long run.

12 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Man.city...have never a depleted side.

Someone like Haarland is that extra icing on their cake,which with him they might win the CL.

Without him,they still would be in the top 2 in the PL...How people still underrate the whole squad of man.city.

Just to make a scenario of their own team....WEIRD.& petty.

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Anything been said why KDH came off? Or have I missed that bit.

He was dodgy. Gave the ball away 3 times causing some of the best attacks Man City had in the 1st half. Sub made a lot of sense; just a shame that Mendy gave away the deciding freekick.

13 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Anything been said why KDH came off? Or have I missed that bit.

He wasn't doing that well on the ball, had given possession away plenty of times. Looked like he struggled whenever Man City pressed on him.