Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BusheyFox

Stewarding

Does anyone know why there has  been a huge increase in the number of stewards in recent weeks manning the gangway to the left of the dugout in the West Stand? 
Looking around  the ground  the numbers really stand out and it seems to have coincided with Rodger’s’ position being under threat

Are  the club expecting the  supporters there , who are mostly middle aged by the way, to try to storm the dugout and attack  him?

Can't work out why there's been such a large increase in security staff, i mean, it's not exactly boca juniours is it! Personally I think that someones makig a shed load of money from it somewhere and they seem to have got rid of the burger van from the back of the kop and replaced it with security staff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can't work out why there's been such a large increase in security staff, i mean, it's not exactly boca juniours is it! Personally I think that someones makig a shed load of money from it somewhere and they seem to have got rid of the burger van from the back of the kop and replaced it with security staff. 

It's daft. We're treated like away fans at home games, and that's why I put exactly that on the feedback email the other week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yep. Screams of irony too. 

As it stands the club has approximately 30 to 35 stewards breaking their own ground regulations by standing or sitting on stairwells to supervise fans which may break those ground regulations. 

Hope the local H & S authority points out their stupidity. 

Yeah same in SK1. Block up the aisles with stewards to stop people blocking the aisles. Peak LCFC middle management right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was concern over the oil protester gluing themselves to something at the last match hence the checks and maybe heavier presence.

Interestingly I heard a copper saying that while he couldn’t advocate using force against them he did point out that urine breaks down the glue lol 

• Haha 1

Well, I'm gonna react if no-one else is.

Middle-aged, used like an insult, as though us middle aged are unlikely to be able to cause any trouble.

Well I'll have you know that once we have found a way to get to brendan with minimal resistance, stewarding, and no climbing over or bending under anything, we could cause some real aggro.

Actually  maybe not, I'm knackered just typing that. 

Wonder if I can get a yoof to throw my flask at him?

• Haha 2

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

There was concern over the oil protester gluing themselves to something at the last match hence the checks and maybe heavier presence.

Interestingly I heard a copper saying that while he couldn’t advocate using force against them he did point out that urine breaks down the glue lol 

I say cut around them. If you cut straight through the neck, the rest of it is easier.

12 hours ago, BusheyFox said:

Does anyone know why there has  been a huge increase in the number of stewards in recent weeks manning the gangway to the left of the dugout in the West Stand? 
Looking around  the ground  the numbers really stand out and it seems to have coincided with Rodger’s’ position being under threat

Are  the club expecting the  supporters there , who are mostly middle aged by the way, to try to storm the dugout and attack  him?

It’s changed since the club noticed that the West Stand senior citizens have started coming to games kitted out in Stone Island. 

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Well, I'm gonna react if no-one else is.

Middle-aged, used like an insult, as though us middle aged are unlikely to be able to cause any trouble.

Well I'll have you know that once we have found a way to get to brendan with minimal resistance, stewarding, and no climbing over or bending under anything, we could cause some real aggro.

Actually  maybe not, I'm knackered just typing that. 

Wonder if I can get a yoof to throw my flask at him?

Looking at some of the so called "fight" fans , im quite sure most of the middle aged would do more damage !! 

• Haha 1

Stewarding ratios are normally set by reference to "The Green Guide" - safety at events. I think it typically recommends 1 steward per 250 spectators. The training of them is a different matter!

Personally I've always got my flask and drink bottle in no problem but then the search of my rucksack is normally cursory at best - my own coffee over the concourse nonsense is a must, especially as its getting colder:)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Balj said:

Stewarding ratios are normally set by reference to "The Green Guide" - safety at events. I think it typically recommends 1 steward per 250 spectators. The training of them is a different matter!

Personally I've always got my flask and drink bottle in no problem but then the search of my rucksack is normally cursory at best - my own coffee over the concourse nonsense is a must, especially as its getting colder:)

Is this a new guide, because until just recently there defineatly wasn't the amount of security staff we have now.(i say security staff because this new lot defineatly ain't stewards, a steward is there to help people as much as anything else), and that one outside sk1 who gets everyone in line!!! was he a sergeant in the army or something? i keep expecting to have to do 10 press-ups for not standing dead in line. 

• Haha 2