Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BusheyFox

Stewarding

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Most functions of the club are ran so badly. You can’t get away with customer service like this in industries where you don’t have such a captive audience.

Top, Whelan, Neville, Herrilhy or whoever should try and experience a game as fan every once in a while.

Easy to think everything runs smoothly and the experience is a good one from the director’s box.

...a good idea, probably far too recognisable to make it work, but it would be good to get a fan's eye view of what happens on match day!!!

The level of stewarding is often dictated from outside, for eg by the police who will, along with the club, carry out risk assessments based on away fan numbers, presence of “known” faces and other factors such as current threat level etc. (Most of which is not in the public domain).

imagine the consequences if some terrorist who was on  a watch list got in and let off a device.

it is a no win situation, a visible presence can seem to be overkill, but insufficient cover is asking for trouble

• Like 2

10 hours ago, urban fox said:

The level of stewarding is often dictated from outside, for eg by the police who will, along with the club, carry out risk assessments based on away fan numbers, presence of “known” faces and other factors such as current threat level etc. (Most of which is not in the public domain).

imagine the consequences if some terrorist who was on  a watch list got in and let off a device.

it is a no win situation, a visible presence can seem to be overkill, but insufficient cover is asking for trouble

The stewards are mostly useless though. Last season (maybe the one before), I took a banner in, one clocked it, asked what it was “oh nothing mate” and he waved me through.

11 hours ago, urban fox said:

Ah yes i'm sure Kathy the leicester steward will be stopping him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I object to being told to look towards the pitch and watch the game when I'm getting amused and engaged with the banter and abuse towards and from the away fans. 

Steward away all you like but don't tell me where I have to look and concentrate on like I'm at primary school.

If half of them had worked harder at school they wouldn't be there in the first place so don't tell those of us that did how to behave. (Yeah, I know! Controversial)

if it ever came to it I have no doubt many of them would not have a clue on how to handle situations that arise, jeez they get confused when being asked to move up or down a step or 2. 

Edited by ElusiveEd

Unless things have changed in the last few years it was mandatory for all matchday stewards to undertake a level 2 qualification including basic first aid, conflict resolution and crowd management.

i am not saying that all of them are actually any good at it, and let’s be honest, whist many of them do it for the right reasons, it is a job that will always attract a certain element of jobs worth’s.

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Why do stewards make so many peoples piss boil? I think 95% of match going fans have never had an interaction with one, I cant remember the last time I even interacted with a steward for any reason at all. 

Genuine question

Six pages of "why?" behind you. The thread is dedicated to it. 

Although looking from afar last Saturday,I thought the Stewards response to the supporters request for help for a fan who was struggling medically in G1 was pretty poor. Even the medical team  seem slow at responding. 
At one point the fans around him were trying to attract the medics on the perimeter of pitch to no avail. I understand the need to not panic.But it did seem no one was taking any notice.

Hopefully the gentleman is ok.

10 minutes ago, Mr Fox said:

Although looking from afar last Saturday,I thought the Stewards response to the supporters request for help for a fan who was struggling medically in G1 was pretty poor. Even the medical team  seem slow at responding. 
At one point the fans around him were trying to attract the medics on the perimeter of pitch to no avail. I understand the need to not panic.But it did seem no one was taking any notice.

Totally agree. We sit in G1 and could clearly see the the situation escalating. It became very clear very quickly that something was happening as more and more of supporters around the area were trying to get the attention of the stewards on the concourse. It was at least a minute before one of them acknowledged they had been spotted and then a further 2-3 minutes before they started to try to get to the area. They even started to come up the steps but turned round to go back down to come up a different set of steps to get to the patient. Im sure the medics know what they are doing but like you say it seems like an age im sure for himself and people with him. 

Fingers crossed it all turned out ok with him 

1 hour ago, Mr Fox said:

Also saw this from afar, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a slower moving set of first responders. They were wandering down from in front of the east stand as if they were out for a Saturday afternoon stroll. 

Poor bloke was very pale as he was being carried down the stairs, as you say I hope he’s alright! 

1 hour ago, skolfoxes said:

Also saw this from afar, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a slower moving set of first responders. They were wandering down from in front of the east stand as if they were out for a Saturday afternoon stroll. 

Poor bloke was very pale as he was being carried down the stairs, as you say I hope he’s alright! 

although I didn't see this one I think you'd be hard pressed to see a worse response than the stewards at Burton away earlier on in the season