Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BusheyFox

Stewarding

On 03/11/2022 at 11:50, yorkie1999 said:

Is this a new guide, because until just recently there defineatly wasn't the amount of security staff we have now.(i say security staff because this new lot defineatly ain't stewards, a steward is there to help people as much as anything else), and that one outside sk1 who gets everyone in line!!! was he a sergeant in the army or something? i keep expecting to have to do 10 press-ups for not standing dead in line. 

The Guide’s been out in various editions for a long while - DCMS issue. I suspect with the rise in incidents at football generally it may be being observed more in numbers terms.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Must say yesterday was far more enjoyable not having a frisk by some power hungry meathead outside the gate.

Once inside SK1 stewarding was more relaxed than it was pre break as the body cam crew were not bang in your face all game.

You're welcome 😘 I feel it may be partly my fault after the altercation and complaint I made after the last home game 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

You're welcome 😘 I feel it may be partly my fault after the altercation and complaint I made after the last home game 

Pleased you did! UFS also mentioned it in the latest meeting so it was nice to see these things have actually been noticed by the club and acted on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Getting frisked on entry to L1 like I’m some kind of terrorist is becoming very tiresome. It wasn’t introduced in response to any kind of incident as far as I’m aware, just something that was snuck in as we returned from covid.

When you're starting to struggle justifying the cost of football, crap like this, and what happened to me the other month is really making me question the effort it takes just to watch football.

Recently I can't say I have had better treatment at away grounds than I have at home matches 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Getting frisked on entry to L1 like I’m some kind of terrorist is becoming very tiresome. It wasn’t introduced in response to any kind of incident as far as I’m aware, just something that was snuck in as we returned from covid.

Change of staff around this time. Its coming top down.

14 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Constant ticket checks too

21 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Double layer of security staff checking tickets, bags and people at SK3 yesterday, once outside and once inside the barriers.

Regarding safety around the ground. Always thought the best thing to do would be to close the road off far earlier than they do, than any nonsense searching/frisking upon entry into the stadium.

I was asked to be searched upon entry to the West Stand this season, for the first time ever! Asked them to justify why they felt I needed to be searched and they couldn’t so I walked straight through. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

It's great. We have a bored, apathetic fan base and stewards/ security staff seem to anticipate thousands of tooled up, pissed up hooligans are entering the ground.

It’s getting ridiculous and I can’t see what’s behind all this security, and some of this latest lot are proper intimidating people, where is the trouble that justifies all these stewards, or is there some tax scam going off or is Jim taking some back handers from the security firm, because there seems to be more every match, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t want to go somewhere where there’s someone eying up what meat pie I’m eating. 

Edited by yorkie1999

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s getting ridiculous and I can’t see what’s behind all this security, and some of this latest lot are proper intimidating people, where is the trouble that justifies all these stewards, or is there some tax scam going off or is Jim taking some back handers from the security firm, because there seems to be more every match, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t want to go somewhere where there’s someone eying up what meat pie I’m eating. 

Part of the Match Day Experience TM.

Eventually the hardcore regulars will **** off and then there'll actually be a need for the phalanx of stewards to piss around with NFT tickets for the thousands of tourists that the board seem to think want to come to watch our crap brand of football.

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I take it as a personal slur at my age they don’t frisk me anymore. Makes me want to show I could still do some damage even with my back, knee and hip in ruins.

Just light a cigarette up 30 meters from the ground in a queue “put that out, stand in line” wtf. It seems ever since covid, there’s been a license for nightclub bouncers to work in shops and football grounds dishing out orders. Power to the numbskull

Edited by yorkie1999