Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BusheyFox

Stewarding

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just light a cigarette up 30 meters from the ground in a queue “put that out, stand in line” wtf. It seems ever since covid, there’s been a license for nightclub bouncers to work in shops and football grounds dishing out orders. Power to the numbskull

Honestly any of those security firms just employ a fist full of either idiots or tiny dick guys with tiny egos, both of which think they are the SS when they have a high vis on. 

At least club stewards understand fans have been going for years and give mutual respect and treat fans like humans. 

7 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Honestly any of those security firms just employ a fist full of either idiots or tiny dick guys with tiny egos, both of which think they are the SS when they have a high vis on. 

At least club stewards understand fans have been going for years and give mutual respect and treat fans like humans. 

This is true, and what must they be thinking now the gestapo have moved in issuing the orders.

Interesting thread as I’ve noticed stewarding change quite dramatically this season away from home. Haven’t managed to get to a home game yet but done majority of the aways and crikey everything is so OTT. 

Multiple ticket checks, sniffer dogs, searches. Hold ups haven’t been too bad but is a lot of faff. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 08:35, Lako42 said:

It's all just yet another aspect of the match day experience that is turning me away. 

22 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

When you're starting to struggle justifying the cost of football, crap like this, and what happened to me the other month is really making me question the effort it takes just to watch football.

Recently I can't say I have had better treatment at away grounds than I have at home matches 

Think you've both hit the nail on the head here. 

We seem to have completely regressed as a club in the fan-facing side. 

Increased stewarding in the ground for no reason, OTT frisking and searches before entry all really starts to make you wonder why we even bother. Honestly at times I get searched more at a home game than I do at the airport. Combine all this with the cost of everything too. 

Football should be that time to take our minds off some of the crap normal life brings, not add more annoyance to it. 

If on field matters are doing well, this kind of stuff isn't in full focus, but considering how shite we are this type of stuff really dampens the want to turn up. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Think you've both hit the nail on the head here. 

We seem to have completely regressed as a club in the fan-facing side. 

Increased stewarding in the ground for no reason, OTT frisking and searches before entry all really starts to make you wonder why we even bother. Honestly at times I get searched more at a home game than I do at the airport. Combine all this with the cost of everything too. 

Football should be that time to take our minds off some of the crap normal life brings, not add more annoyance to it. 

If on field matters are doing well, this kind of stuff isn't in full focus, but considering how shite we are this type of stuff really dampens the want to turn up. 

Apparently a new guy took over from Barkley in summer as head of health and safety and it’s his idea to be like he is doing. They are just following his and his side kick orders. Oh dont laugh but he use to be at Coventry 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
26 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Apparently a new guy took over from Barkley in summer as head of health and safety and it’s his idea to be like he is doing. They are just following his and his side kick orders. Oh dont laugh but he use to be at Coventry 

Nothing warms the heart more than a new head of "Health & Safety" and the fun they bring, except of course a new HR director, who always bring as much joy to proceedings as a bomb scare at a children's birthday party.

I miss being self employed.

1 minute ago, blueharmie said:

Is this in the singing section bit?

I had a season ticket in L1 when it started in my younger days  for a while and stewards left us all alone.

I don't get what this is all about ?  

I was referring to that area yeah. But have also seen similar comments on searches and checks in others areas too now.

On 28/12/2022 at 01:22, TJB-fox said:

Interesting thread as I’ve noticed stewarding change quite dramatically this season away from home. Haven’t managed to get to a home game yet but done majority of the aways and crikey everything is so OTT. 

Multiple ticket checks, sniffer dogs, searches. Hold ups haven’t been too bad but is a lot of faff. 

This describes getting into Anfield last week. Like going into a prison.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 21:59, BusheyFox said:

Does anyone know why there has  been a huge increase in the number of stewards in recent weeks manning the gangway to the left of the dugout in the West Stand? 
Looking around  the ground  the numbers really stand out and it seems to have coincided with Rodger’s’ position being under threat

Are  the club expecting the  supporters there , who are mostly middle aged by the way, to try to storm the dugout and attack  him?

Fix bayonets. Wait for it. On my whistle we go as one.

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Said elsewhere they had eight stewards yesterday at the Vichai Statue.

They have approx seven stewards at each turnstile now and in the process cos a bottle neck which is exactly the type of thing which went very wrong at Stade de France in May. There’s never been a problem at the turnstiles but they’ve gone hard at it. Starting doing OTT searches at random. 

They have a circle of hi vis around the signing section and the dugouts as well. 

It’s stuff like this what wears you down. Sucks any enjoyemwnt outside of what happens on the pitch 

Bloody hell, so that’s why the wage bill is about 90% of turnover. 

26 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Said elsewhere they had eight stewards yesterday at the Vichai Statue.

They have approx seven stewards at each turnstile now and in the process cos a bottle neck which is exactly the type of thing which went very wrong at Stade de France in May. There’s never been a problem at the turnstiles but they’ve gone hard at it. Starting doing OTT searches at random. 

They have a circle of hi vis around the signing section and the dugouts as well. 

It’s stuff like this what wears you down. Sucks any enjoyemwnt outside of what happens on the pitch 

By n the west and north stand do they have 7 stewards searching. They are quite polite etc. 

maybe L section has more high risk fans the. Other areas and maybe because they are next to g to be away end. Just a thought 

19 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

By n the west and north stand do they have 7 stewards searching. They are quite polite etc. 

maybe L section has more high risk fans the. Other areas and maybe because they are next to g to be away end. Just a thought 

Was the middle of the Kop, which is pretty timid in all honesty 

We have no real issues in L1.

Loads of stewards but we know them a d most are sound.

Most of us get frisked coming in and theres a bottle neck for the bigger games.

Edited by Raj