Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BusheyFox

Stewarding

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Why do stewards make so many peoples piss boil? I think 95% of match going fans have never had an interaction with one, I cant remember the last time I even interacted with a steward for any reason at all. 

Genuine question

I think they are like traffic warden's but less useful.

• Haha 2

I'd be interested in breakdown on spending on stewards. Could be wrong, but I feel like we have disproportionate amount around the ground. I was late to the Preston game and there was hundreds milling around outside during the game.

On 08/10/2023 at 23:27, Lesterlad said:

The response team leader is useless. She got the job because she’s friends with her in the office. Absoloute useless bunch 

Is she the one with grey hair and glasses normally in front of G1?

If the same lady, I remember a few seasons ago when someone ran on the pitch, they ran straight past her as she was facing the stands and was him coming, no attempt to do anything. He then ran past another more 'junior' steward who was sat facing the pitch so had no idea someone was about to dash on. After they had extracted the guy who ran on, she spent 5 mins berating the steward who could have done nothing lol

14 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Is she the one with grey hair and glasses normally in front of G1?

If the same lady, I remember a few seasons ago when someone ran on the pitch, they ran straight past her as she was facing the stands and was him coming, no attempt to do anything. He then ran past another more 'junior' steward who was sat facing the pitch so had no idea someone was about to dash on. After they had extracted the guy who ran on, she spent 5 mins berating the steward who could have done nothing lol

lol On this occasion no that’s another one. The response team leader is the one you will never see when it kicks off she is elsewhere