Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Perhaps it shows how apart from 1966 England have not done much at major tournaments over the years. As for GS a  semi final and final is good but so near yet so far. Think of Leicester in 1960s FA Cup Finals. Think how Matt Gilles would be regarded if we had won in 1961 and 1963. Reaching 2 finals was good but not winning is the key.

Yup..The old Dunkirk spirit,doesn’t mean anything today…:rolleyes:

I believe all England managers have it bad..All other European nations  FAs support,their national side. Moving games,cancelling fixtures & proud of their internationals.

our whole league fixture list,does not help Internationals,everybody want internationals in their side,then complain when selected then force them to make descisions,and get them involved in injury-national selection politics..At rugby more supportive & proud..! 
English fans are far too cynical & have always expected too much.

and immaturely get frustrated, & throw their dummies out of the pram,and carry it on.

other fans will occasionally feel let down,but they get up & support at the next

throw of the dice..

I have said on numerous occasions,that International managers,can be quite frustrating..but Southgate has brought in youth,and new lads on the block,

Foden,Santo,Grealish,numerous Leftbacks,Bellingham,Maddison.So he is not so stubborn on selection has many on here profess. There is no old Guard that for me irritates..Individual players might upset a few,but doesn’t mean they are wrong.

Southgate is a good manager for England,he will after Ramsey be the best manager we have had,and still might go up a notch.

Just too many whining fans..do you know that since the 50s,every couple of years

some brain dead fans say..worst ever team.The same lazy dog gnawing the same

smelly brittle bone…I really don’t know if it’s the Provence fans,Londoners can’t half moan & whine,but will often support England.

When I was younger,many fans actually said we should have breaks & play tournaments in the winter.Many European teams even when winning

have said the fans are not seeing the best from their players because of EOS tiredness..Now we have a winter W.cup,but in Qater.Right time wrong too hot humid location..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yup..The old Dunkirk spirit,doesn’t mean anything today…:rolleyes:

I believe all England managers have it bad..All other European nations  FAs support,their national side. Moving games,cancelling fixtures & proud of their internationals.

our whole league fixture list,does not help Internationals,everybody want internationals in their side,then complain when selected then force them to make descisions,and get them involved in injury-national selection politics..At rugby more supportive & proud..! 
English fans are far too cynical & have always expected too much.

and immaturely get frustrated, & throw their dummies out of the pram,and carry it on.

other fans will occasionally feel let down,but they get up & support at the next

throw of the dice..

I have said on numerous occasions,that International managers,can be quite frustrating..but Southgate has brought in youth,and new lads on the block,

Foden,Santo,Grealish,numerous Leftbacks,Bellingham,Maddison.So he is not so stubborn on selection has many on here profess. There is no old Guard that for me irritates..Individual players might upset a few,but doesn’t mean they are wrong.

Southgate is a good manager for England,he will after Ramsey be the best manager we have had,and still might go up a notch.

Just too many whining fans..do you know that since the 50s,every couple of years

some brain dead fans say..worst ever team.The same lazy dog gnawing the same

smelly brittle bone…I really don’t know if it’s the Provence fans,Londoners can’t half moan & whine,but will often support England.

When I was younger,many fans actually said we should have breaks & play tournaments in the winter.Many European teams even when winning

have said the fans are not seeing the best from their players because of EOS tiredness..Now we have a winter W.cup,but in Qater.Right time wrong too hot humid location..

Great post.